Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Much to Louise's disappointment it seems some problems just keep coming back!

"

    After reaching our home, showering and crawling into bed to sleep, I could truthfully say I felt so much better.

 

    So much more alive!

 

    Upon waking and nursing Armand while Mr. Black watched, I truly was feeling my Werewolf nature.

 

    “I really feel like a Werewolf now.” I told Mr. Black, holding Armand to me as he nursed.

 

    “Wolf Person.” Mr. Black corrected.

 

    I made a face at him and stuck out my tongue.

 

    Mr. Black chuckled and said, “You’re so cute!”

 

    “I am?”

 

    “And sexy, as humans would say. And right now, watching you feed our son and knowing another little Wolf Child is on the way, you’re extremely sexy!” He said the last with a husky growl.

 

    I smiled, feeling a blush trying to spread over my face. I looked down at Armand, and felt the Wolf Child growing in me stir, as if not wanting to be forgotten.

 

    “Will we go hunting humans again?” I asked, looking up at him.

 

    “From time to time.”

 

    “When the Blood Hunger rises?”

 

    “Those are always good times.”

 

    “Hmmm. After eating human flesh, that tasted so heavenly and made me feel sooo alive, it will be hard to go back to eating elk and deer again.” I said.

 

    “It won’t be that hard.” Mr. Black got out of bed. “And breakfast is on the way. Raw, fleshly killed elk. Lots of blood. You’ll still enjoy it, my sweet. Believe me.” He headed for the bedroom door, glancing back at me as he spoke.

 

    I sighed. “I will?” I said.

 

    Mr. Black chuckled and left to get our meal.

 

 

 

    The daylight was lasting longer and the temperature was above freezing now. No more of those awe inspiring huge snowflakes, now the weather was back to producing those fat raindrops that plopped so loudly down to earth with a wet splatter.

 

    This morning I put a light jacket on Armand and took him outside just as daylight was sweeping over the Wolf People’s world. Thinking of this as morning just showed me how I hadn’t totally given up my human way of thinking. Was this arriving daylight really dawn and considered morning here? I never heard any Wolf People speak of daylight as morning.

 

    In the clearing in front of our house I sat on a large rock, holding Armand in my lap. The soil was too muddy to let him loose but he could still enjoy the fresh cool air and the light breeze, as well as this moment or two of daylight.

 

    Armand made an excited sound and pointed skyward.

 

    “What honey pie?” I said, using baby talk and looked up to where he was pointing.

 

    I saw a large bird of prey circling above the village. I could easily tell it wasn’t a hawk or eagle of any sort. It must be a predator bird unique to this world. This was the first time since being here that I had ever seen it.

 

    It was huge, looking perhaps to have a 5 or 6 foot wingspan, perhaps even larger.

 

    Watching it I shivered a bit in dread, thinking of it swooping down to pluck a small Wolf Child in its huge talons, then sweeping back up into the air, the terrified and doomed Wolf Child screaming in terror, the helpless Wolf People parents and other Pack Members below watching, all knowing this very unlucky Wolf Child was soon to be dinner.

 

    I looked away from the circling bird of prey, wishing it would move on when I heard voices approaching.

 

    The Wolf People village was always very active during these daylight periods and this daylight period was no different.

 

    I didn’t pay much attention to what the other Wolf People were doing. I was totally focused on Armand until I realized several were heading our way.

 

    I looked up to see Miss Rose and Miss Snow approaching with Mr. Stalker trailing behind.

 

    I gasped softly. Problems on the way in the form of Miss Rose.

 

    “Hi Louise.” Said Miss Snow. “I noticed you were out enjoying the daylight with little Armand.”

 

    “Enjoying the moment while it lasts.” I said smiling at her. I purposely ignored Miss Rose. “Hi Mr. Stalker.” I said to him as he caught up.

 

    “Louise.” He said.

 

    “Hi Louise.” Said Miss Rose. “You look pretty and fresh today.” She was all smiles.

 

    “Miss Rose.” I said, not looking at her, my voice not sounding too sincere. How to deal with this, I wondered helplessly. I held Armand close. He started squirming, wanting down.

 

    “Looks like Armand wants to play.” Laughed Miss Snow.

 

   “He doesn’t want to sit on a female’s lap! He wants to go have male adventures.” Said Mr. Stalker.

 

    “He’s not going any where.” I replied. “He’s stuck with mommy for now.” I grinned as I looked at Mr. Stalker.

 

    Miss Rose moved close to me where I was sitting on the rock holding Armand tightly to me.

 

    Armand made a soft sound and pointed down.

 

    Trying to ignore Miss Rose I looked down at what he was pointing at.

 

    I saw some sort of green insect crawling by the rock. A large insect!

 

    It creeped me out and I jumped up off the rock, holding Armand protectively in my arms.

 

    My little Wolf Boy laughed all of a sudden, a clear bell like sound; almost as if he thought my being creeped out by the big bug was amusing.

 

    “Hey! Armand laughed!” Said Miss Snow, delighted by the sound.

 

    “Yeah. He did. He’s growing fast. He’s going to be a strong male. You’ll be proud of him Louise.” Mr. Stalker said.

 

    I moved away from where the large green insect was crawling about and kissed Armand. “You have a beautiful laugh.” I told him.

 

    He put his arms around my neck.

 

    Miss Rose was hovering close. I took a few steps away from her.

 

    “We’re here to invite you on a hunt.” Miss Rose said to me.

 

    “We’ll all need more meat before the birthing season for elk and deer starts.” Said Mr. Stalker.

 

    That was one of the rules I learned about in all those lessons. That Wolf People did not hunt during the time when elk and deer gave birth, it was a sort of respect for their prey, they wanted to make sure plenty of prey animals survived to reproduce and keep them fed.

 

    A lot smarter than what humans did, I thought, in regards to how they treated their food animals or food period.

 

    “I’m sure Mr. Black will be interested.” I said moving toward the door of my house.

 

    It was starting to get dark again. The brief daylight was fading now.

 

    “I’ll be interested in what?” Mr. Black was stepping out of the door. I noticed he was watching Miss Rose. He didn’t look too pleased.

 

    I hurried up the steps, going past him. He blocked the steps when Miss Rose made to follow me.

 

    “The Big Hunt before the birthing season.” Mr. Stalker answered.

 

    “Ah yes. “ Said Mr. Black. “It is that time again. I am very interested. Come in Mr. Stalker. Let’s discuss the hunt. Miss Snow? Miss Rose? Care to join us? Just myself and Mr. Stalker.” He added pointedly.

 

    “What about Louise?” Asked Miss Rose.

 

    “She will be tending to Armand. I’ll be making plans for this hunt for us.”

 

    Grateful upon hearing that I hurried the rest of the way to the bedroom.

 

    Mr. Black realized fully what Miss Rose was up to I believed. It was time to discuss her openly with him.

 

    I put Armand down, removed his light jacket then put him on the bed. I stretched out beside him. I felt my unborn Wolf Child move.

 

    I smiled, putting my hands over my lower abdomen.

 

    I listened to Mr. Black discussing the Big Hunt with Mr. Stalker, Miss Snow and Miss Rose, glad I wasn’t with them discussing this too.

 

    Miss Rose was a problem, a very unpleasant one. It was hard for me to believe that not too long ago I had so liked her.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Rose is a thorn in Louise's side that seriously needs to be plucked. Very fascinating story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Rose is no good. A friend wouldn't behave as she has been. Louise must be experiencing pain at her friend's behavior.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm dying to know what is up with Mrs. Rose. It's very interesting how the tables have turned. She gets rid of Dawn and her fan club and now she has Mrs. Rose, her once friend to be looking out for.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such another powerful chpater and such amazing read here. This is quite the enjoyable read. I like this alot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

552 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..