Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise notices a deeper change within her.

"

   Mr. Black eventually returned. He seemed so matter of fact, like nothing really exciting or dramatic had happened at all.

 

    I still sat on the couch with Armand on my lap. I stared at Mr. Black’s smiling face feeling confused.

 

    Hadn’t at least five werewolves gone after Miss Rose in a mad chase?

 

    “Well?” I finally asked when it became obvious he wasn’t going to say anything. I knew he was teasing me.

 

    “Matter is resolved.” Mr. Black said sitting down next to me. He put a big hand on Armand’s head and ruffled his hair.

 

    Armand laughed and stared up at his father.

 

    “Hi my darling son.” He said to Armand.

 

    “Darling?” I said not quite able to keep a grin off my face.

 

    “He’s still a small Wolf Child. I can call him darling for a little while.” Mr. Black said, then added, “My darling!” Directed at me.

 

    I smiled sweetly at him. “So, what happened?”

 

    “Miss Rose is moving to a Pack friendly with ours but a vast distance from here.”

 

    I was a bit disappointed. “You didn’t cut off her head?”

 

    “Blood thirsty, aren’t we my sweet? Her actions didn’t warrant her death. She is banished from this Wolf Village. If she returns here or anywhere near here then her punishment will be severe. She’s gone Louise.”

 

    I sighed. Mr. Black was right. Miss Rose didn’t really deserve to die for trying to have an intimate relationship with me.

 

    “Thank you Mr. Black for ending that problem for me.”

 

    “For us.” He said. “I’m going to clean up then we’ll eat.”

 

    Mr. Black gave me a quick kiss on my mouth then got up and headed for the shower.

 

    I got up and took Armand into the bedroom. I put him on the bed then got some small shapes for him to play with. These shapes were carved out of elk antlers and were vague shapes of animals, circles, squares, flowers, birds and just shapes in general.

 

 

    He really liked these toys and was totally engrossed in them right away.

 

    I stretched out beside him on my side to watch him and think.

 

    I had gotten really blood thirsty lately. I was actually looking forward to another hunt of a human being. Ripping and tearing that human being apart and then eating them. And my hope that Miss Rose would be be-headed, actually wanting her death. Mr. Black was right; Miss Rose deserved punishment but not really death.

 

    Something was changing in me. I was even beginning to be able to tell the passage of time without having to guess by keeping track of sleep cycles which wasn’t very accurate but the best that I could do.

 

    I could actually feel time moving and I easily translated that to the passage of time as I knew it. Hours, minutes, seconds and weeks, day, and months. The way I had known time as a human.

 

    How could that be? I hadn’t been able to tell the passage of time upon coming to the Wolf Village and being turned.

 

    Yes, I was changing. I was changing on a cellular level, at my DNA.

 

    I felt a stab of fear for a moment. I was completely leaving my humanity behind, shedding it off. I was becoming a werewolf at the deepest level possible.

 

    But the fear quickly passed.

 

    Why should I be afraid? I liked the way I was feeling right now, my growing ability to tell the passage of time in the Wolf World.

 

    It took longer to become a werewolf than it did to look like one, I was beginning to realize. It took time for the change to be completed.

 

    I laughed and smiled when Armand looked at me and laughed.

 

    “Hi honey. Mommy is a werewolf.”

 

    Armand handed a shape to me he had been holding.

 

    I took it from him. “Thank you.” I said. The shape looked similar to a deer. I placed it back in the pile of other shapes.

 

    I wasn’t human anymore.

 

    I would be hunting and killing humans soon in the future and I would enjoy it a lot. It wouldn’t be like murder or homicide because I wasn’t human. Not that I was worried or concerned about it being murder or homicide, I wasn’t. I was just thinking about the changes still happening to me after all the time that had passed since my becoming a Wolf Person.

 

    My humanity was rapidly leaving me and I wasn’t at all concerned. I was a werewolf, a Wolf Person now, not a human being any longer. I wanted to be a complete werewolf with all the powers and abilities that went along with being one.

 

    I grinned, knowing my canines were showing. I felt my unborn Wolf Child move in my body. I put a hand on my swollen belly.

 

    This Wolf Child would be born soon. As my sense of time grew stronger in me I knew. I hadn’t been pregnant as long as a human female would carry a child. And I knew it wouldn’t be long before this Wolf Child would be born.

 

    My experience with Armand and my growing ability to sense time told me that.

 

    I heard the water turn off as Mr. Black finished with his shower. I heard him moving around in the bathroom for a few minutes then he emerged.

 

    He strode into the bedroom.

 

    “How are my darlings?” He asked sitting on the bed.

 

    He was wearing loose pants made out of deer hide and tied at the waist.

 

    Armand made some cute sounds as he looked up at his father.

 

    “We’re both fine.” I said. I was smiling at the sight of father and son interacting in such a loving way.

 

    I knew Mr. Black loved Armand and Armand loved his father.

 

    Mr. Black ruffled Armand’s dark hair. Armand laughed, totally delighted by this attention.

 

   Mr. Black laughed and kissed the top of his son’s head. Then he leaned toward me and I leaned toward him.

 

    We kissed. A light kiss at first then the kiss quickly got passionate.

 

    Mr. Black sighed and reluctantly pulled away.

 

    “Food first.” He said.

 

    I laughed a small laugh. “Food first. Yes.” I replied.

 

    Mr. Black rose and headed for the kitchen.

 

    That’s one thing that’s different here than the human world, I thought, the male here seems to be the one always fixing the meals.

 

    Or at least Mr. Black does. I lay back down on the bed and rolled onto my back.

 

    I smiled up at the ceiling.

 

    Yes, I am becoming a werewolf on a deeper level. I hadn’t thought it possible I would become even more of a werewolf.

 

    I wondered what other changes would happen to me.

 

    I was eager to find out, to discover how much more of a werewolf I would become.

 

    Armand sat beside me playing with his shapes. I turned my head to watch.

 

    I felt happy watching my son.

 

    I heard Mr. Black in the kitchen preparing our meal. And that brought a happy content feeling in me.

 

    I smiled.

 

    I was feeling pretty good right now.

 

 

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

She finally seems to be content within this world and she doesn't even mind that she is changing completely and her human side will be gone soon. I'm happy they didn't kill Mrs. Rose actually thought she was being a bit harsh on her. However I do feel she will be making a return. I like Armand's toys and how they were made of elk antlers, very creative. Another great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Mr. Black took care of the problem, Louise is happier and another Wolf Baby will soon be arriving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise is becoming more of a Wolf Person/Werewolf. Miss Rose is quite the character, glad she didn't die anyway.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She finally seems to be content within this world and she doesn't even mind that she is changing completely and her human side will be gone soon. I'm happy they didn't kill Mrs. Rose actually thought she was being a bit harsh on her. However I do feel she will be making a return. I like Armand's toys and how they were made of elk antlers, very creative. Another great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I like this chpater alot I thought it was super. I want to go to bed but I am hooked on your story.
I see you keep adding chapters. I like this. Very well written so far.


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

607 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..