Chapter 30

Chapter 30

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

A happy family moment is ruined for Louise and Mr. Black.

"

    Several hours later I was nursing my new Wolf Son and Wolf Daughter. Beside me on the bed Armand played with his elk antler shapes. On the other side of me Mr. Black lay on his side, head resting on his hand.

 

    The excitement was over. Miss Snow and Pine helped clean me up. Maple kept watch over Armand and Mr. Black laughed with joy as first another son was born and then a daughter was born.

 

    I hadn’t even realized I had two Wolf Children growing in me.

 

    Our daughter we named Miss Starfire. She had off white eyes and light brown hair. And our son we named Mr. Hunter. His hair was black and his eyes radiant green.

 

    I had two Wolf Babies nursing and a slightly older Wolf Son playing contently beside me.

 

    I sighed deeply.

 

    I sure didn’t miss my swollen belly. It was almost flat again. There was only just a slight curve to it now.

 

    Mr. Black reached out to play with my hair.

 

    “My sweet, my love. How I love you Louise. And I love our sons and daughter too.” Mr. Black said.

 

    I turned my head to look at him and smiled, feeling content, like my life was finally going to be alright. “I love our Wolf Children too. And I love you Mr. Black.”

 

    Armand banged two of his shapes together creating a loud noise.

 

    It startled me. It startled Mr. Black. And it startled the twins.

 

    We all jumped at the unexpected loud sound.

 

    Armand laughed, pleased with himself.

 

    “Armand!” I said. “Don’t do that!”

 

    He laughed again, his pure bell like laugh.

 

    I smiled.

 

    Mr. Black was grinning.

 

    Everything was perfect.

 

    Then came a knock at the door.

 

    I frowned, looking at Mr. Black. He was already getting up off the bed.

 

    “Can’t we ignore it? Please!”

 

    “Louise. We can’t ignore it. It’s the Pack Leader.”

 

    “What? Is he coming to view your new additions to the Pack already? They’re not even 24 hours old yet!”

 

    I wasn’t sure if Mr. Black knew time in the same way I now did. But I think it was safe to assume we were all functioning on the same time table and understood that no matter what words we use to describe time.

 

    “Don’t get upset my sweet.”

 

    “I’m tired! I want to rest after bringing two Wolf Children into our lives and the world.”

 

    “You rest. I’ll go talk to the Pack Leader and return back to you.”

 

    He was heading out the bedroom door as he said this.

 

    I felt anger surge in me. Anger and resentment at the Pack Leader for intruding on this moment and Mr. Black for running off to talk to him.

 

    I pushed all that negativity down. I didn’t want to infect my newborns with my toxic feelings.

 

    I heard Mr. Black open the door and greet the Pack Leader. I tuned out the beginning of their conversation, focusing my attention on Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and Armand.

 

    But when Mr. Black invited the Pack Leader into the house I started listening in. And didn’t like at all what I was hearing.

 

    The Pack Leader kept asking questions about the newborns. He wanted to see them. It was obvious he was very excited Mr. Black had twins.

 

    I seethed. It was always like I didn’t exist and Mr. Black was making Wolf Children for the Pack all on his own.

 

    “She just gave birth. Now is not a good time.” I heard Mr. Black say.

 

    “I am Pack Leader. Any time is good for me.”

 

    Mr. Black’s voice rose. “I am Louise’s mate. I am her protector. Right now she needs rest and a chance to be with our newborns without unnecessary upset.”

 

    I heard the Pack Leader make a rude noise. It sounded like a mocking snort!

 

    I growled softly.

 

    Armand looked at me, his silver blue eyes narrowed and he turned toward the door and growled too.

 

    He knew from me where the threat was coming from.

 

    “I will see these twin Wolf Children.” The Pack Leader said and I heard him coming toward the bedroom. I also heard Mr. Black’s low growl.

 

    I quickly pulled the babies from my breast and covered myself before the Pack Leader entered. I was enraged. The twins whimpered at having their meals interrupted.

 

    The Pack Leader said to Mr. Black, “Are you threatening me, your Pack Leader?” But he walked into the bedroom anyway.

 

    Armand looked up at him and started snarling, showing his small but very sharp baby fangs.

 

    I pulled my Wolf Babies closer to me. I growled, my canines showing.

 

    Armand kept up his snarling. It was getting louder.

 

    The Pack Leader looked at Armand. “He’s got spirit. That’s good.” Then he looked at the twins. “I’m sure they will too. They come from good stock.”

 

    Mr. Black was standing right beside the Pack Leader. His eyes were narrowed and crimson with his anger.

 

    “You come into my bedroom uninvited and unwanted. This is an outrage. I don’t care if you are the Pack Leader!”

 

    The Pack Leader waved a hand toward Mr. Black. I’m certain it was a dismissive one.

 

    “Don’t be so upset Mr. Black. I wanted to see these rare Wolf Twins right away. Good work. You’ll be moving up in the Pack ranks.” He said, turning to look at Mr. Black.

 

    Mr. Black didn’t look at all impressed or pleased. He just continued to look angry.

 

    But what could he do against the Pack Leader?

 

    “Nice looking Wolf Children. And their names?” He was still looking at Mr. Black.

 

    Armand was still snarling at the Pack Leader. I was very proud of my son, being protective of me and his little brother and sister.

 

    “This isn’t the Announcement Time.” Traditionally names of Wolf Children were given at their Announcement to the Pack. The Pack Leader was really going against Pack Tradition now.

 

    “Names?” The Pack Leader insisted.

 

    “Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter.” Mr. Black answered angrily.

 

    The Pack Leader ignored Mr. Black’s anger. “Good names.” He said and looked at the two Wolf Babies again then turned around then headed out of the bedroom. “Come along Mr. Black. We need to talk.”

 

    With one last look at me, one filled with apology, Mr. Black followed. His back was stiff.

 

    I really hated the Pack Leader now. And he had acted the whole time like I wasn’t even present.

 

    I finished nursing the twins. Armand relaxed and returned to playing with his shapes.

 

    I wondered what Mr. Black and the Pack Leader were discussing. I felt the Pack Leader had over stepped the bounds of his authority, invading Mr. Black’s and my bedroom without permission.

 

    I couldn’t wait for Mr. Black to return to fill me in on what was going on.

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with Tina the pack leader is giving off the creepy vibe or it seems to be that he may be up to something. He was very eager to see the wolf twins and I'm curious as to why. Another great chapter that had me hanging on every word. I alos love the names that were chosen for the twins.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's something not right with the Pack Leader. I sense more problems/trouble coming for Louise, Mr. Black and their family.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Pack Leader, there's something not right with him.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Tina the pack leader is giving off the creepy vibe or it seems to be that he may be up to something. He was very eager to see the wolf twins and I'm curious as to why. Another great chapter that had me hanging on every word. I alos love the names that were chosen for the twins.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The Pack Leader is giving me the creeps. I hope Mr. Black deals with him. Like the twins' names.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like this chapter, It is really gripping and pulls you in. Wonderful deatil and imagery in this. Going on
to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

584 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 9 Chapter 9

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Tina Kline