Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Problems enter Louise's peaceful life with Mr. Black and her three Wolf Children.

"

    We had a peaceful few months in the Wolf People Village since Mr. Black had become Pack Leader. Two new rooms were added onto our house for Armand, Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire. Armand was already old enough to move into his but the twins weren’t yet ready.

    For Armand’s room Mr. Black had one of the Wolf People’s carpenters make a nice size bed Armand would be able to grow into, shelves and a dresser for all his dark and black clothes that the Wolf People favored and a nice size chest for his toys.

   Mr. Hunter’s and Miss Starfire’s room had the same furniture but double in number. But the room would have to wait awhile for their arrival.

    I was content and at times even happy. Life had sure changed for me dramatically once Mr. Black had become Pack Leader but at least we didn’t have to move into the former Pack Leader’s house. I wouldn’t have wanted to do that at all.

    But such things were not required here. After all, this wasn’t the Human World where those in high leadership position were often times required to live in special residences.

    As I sat on my bed watching over Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter as they crawled about on it I chuckled to myself at my thoughts of the Human World.

    It was rare now when ever I thought of the Human World. It was a far off place that I no longer related to. It was the place of human beings, prey that I was looking forward to hunting again soon.

    I could hear Armand playing in the living room with his animal shapes that Mr. Stalker had carved for him from deer and elk antlers.

    It was warm and shadowy out, the sunlight just having set not too long ago. The daylight was lasting for several hours right now. A breeze blew a lovely fragrance of flowers through the open windows of the house.

    I sighed with contentment. Everything seemed so wonderful right now. Mr. Black was being very tender and loving toward me which I admit I liked a lot.

    He obviously loved his three Wolf Children; there was no question in my mind about that.

    Mr. Black would be coming home soon from dealing with Pack Business. Being Leader of the Pack didn’t keep him away much, Wolf People were peaceful with each other by nature so conflict was not common, but it did occur.

    “Mama.” Armand came into the bedroom holding up a couple shapes that were obviously wolves.  “This is you and Daddy.” He came to the bed and pulled himself easily onto it. He held out the two wolf shapes for me to see.

    “Yes, they are sweetie.” I said to him. I pulled him into my arms.

    He smiled but squirmed, not wanting to be held right now. “I need more of these.” Armand said.

    I let him go after giving him several kisses on the top of his dark head. “Uncle Mr. Stalker can make more. Why don’t you ask him when he comes by?”

    Armand stared at me a moment out of his radiant silver eyes then a pleased smile broke out on his face. “I need one for me, one for Mr. Hunter and one for Miss Starfire. Then I’ll have our family.”

    “That would be perfect. Uncle Mr. Stalker will be happy to make them for you.”

    “Okay.” Armand turned and crawled across the bed and slid off it onto the floor and ran back into the front room.

    I smiled as I watched him leave. I heard him in the front room resume his playing.

    An owl flew over the house, its voice calling out as it did. The swoosh of its wings was loud to my Wolf People ears. In the distance several coyotes sang together. From closer in the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest two Wolf People in their Wolf Forms sang a song together.

    I smiled. All was well.

    Then I sensed Mr. Black was on his way. I’ll be home in a couple minutes, my sweet plaything. I heard his voice in my head.

    I’m waiting. I’m eagerly waiting! I sent my thoughts back to him.

    I heard him chuckle in response. I knew where his thoughts were going and I could tell he was eager to be home too.

    “Daddy’s coming!” I said in an exaggerated excited voice to the twins.

    Mr. Hunter looked at me out of his radiant green eyes and laughed. His laugh was such a happy sound I couldn’t help but laugh with my delight in response to it.

    Miss Starfire looked at her brother then at me and made her own shrill but happy sounding laugh, her off white eyes sparkling and radiant.

     In the front room I heard Armand shout excitedly, “Daddy! Daddy!” He came rushing into the bedroom, several round colored pieces of glass clutched in each fist. “Daddy’s coming!”

     “Yes he is!” I said. “Daddy’s coming home to spend the rest of the day with us.”

    The twins watched Armand and myself and laughed some more.

    Armand looked at his brother and sister and said with a wide grin, “They’re happy too.”

    “We all are. How lucky Daddy is to be coming home to a family that is happy to have him home.”

    Just then we heard Mr. Black approaching the house.

    “Daddy!” Cried Armand running from the bedroom to meet him at the door.

    Making sure the twins were secure and content on the bed with each other I hopped off it and padded in bare feet out to the front room to meet Mr. Black as well.

    Mr. Black came through the door and swept Armand up into his arms who squealed with delight. “And how is my oldest Wolf Child?”

    “Happy!” Armand answered him.

    “And so am I seeing you, your beautiful mother and soon to be seeing your brother and sister!” Setting Armand back down on his feet his off white eyes met mine. He smiled, but his smile for me was a whole lot different than the smile he had for Armand.

    Mr. Black quickly crossed the space between us and engulfed me in a huge tight hug.

    I hugged him tightly back.

    “My life.” He said to me and kissed me on the mouth.

    I clung to him, not wanting to let him go.

    Armand giggled, watching us.

    Hearing our Wolf Son snickering at us we stepped back. We were both a little breathless.

    “How’d it go?” I asked, referring to his Pack Business Meeting.

    “Solving the disputes between Pack Members was easy. Everyone went away satisfied.” He answered.

    I suddenly sensed something more coming that wasn’t so nice.

    “And what wasn’t easy?” I asked.

    “We have another problem. The Pack has a problem.” He paused.

     I waited.

    And he went on, “Humans have entered our world and killed several Wolf People, two were from our Pack.”



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You couldn't have continued the story any better. I think you started it perfectly. I agree with Tina Armand is adorable you fall in love with him. I love how happy Louise finally is, it was a long time coming. I also like how you ended this. Humans becoming the threat is very interesting considering that they are usually the prey. Can't wait to see what will happen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

suspenceful....a great way to start the storyline. I can tell you right off the bat i will be ready more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This book starts with an exciting and excellent bang. No slow, boring buildup to the action!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The ending literally sent chills coursing down my spine. Chapter one- great read. Compelling to find out what happens next! Moving on to chapter two.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The suspense starts right away. Humans in the Wolf People World.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You couldn't have continued the story any better. I think you started it perfectly. I agree with Tina Armand is adorable you fall in love with him. I love how happy Louise finally is, it was a long time coming. I also like how you ended this. Humans becoming the threat is very interesting considering that they are usually the prey. Can't wait to see what will happen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Great opener. I'm glad Louise is finally happy. Armand is absolutely adorable. I hope the humans don't cause any more damage.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A great continuation of "The Night Of The Wolf".
Very interesting problem for The Pack, evil humans. Cool chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful story here, Another one for me to become additced to. This is wonderful like it so far I will
have to read your next chapter now.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 7, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline