Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Plans are made to go to the Human World and hunt the human killers and bring back the Wolf Person traitor.

"

    It was now time to meet the Pack Leader from the other Pack that had also lost members to the human killers and Wolf Person traitor.

    I did my best to talk myself out of being nervous but I still was. Just a little.

    Maple was watching Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter which I was grateful for.

    She told me it was an honor, even more so now that Mr. Black was Pack Leader and I was Mate to the Pack Leader.

    Mr. Stalker, Mr. Brown, Mr. Forest and Mr. Grey were going with Mr. Black and myself to meet with this other Pack.

    Mr. Forest was of average height, with shoulder length black hair and radiant black eyes. As Wolf he was coal black with silver eyes.

    Mr. Grey was tall with blonde hair and radiant green eyes. In his Wolf Form he was a grizzly color with black eyes.

    We all gathered outside our house and once everyone was present and still in our human forms we took off into the shadowy dark Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest heading for an agreed upon meeting place. That meeting place was a clearing half way between our two Pack’s Villages.

    Mr. Black and the other male Pack Members mostly talked about the upcoming meeting, who the Wolf Person traitor could be and why they’d do such a thing and what other Pack Members present knew of this other Pack and its Pack Leader.

    I stuck to Mr. Black’s side, just listening, not joining in the conversation, not having anything to add to the conversation.

    It was a warm night with a slight breeze. The silver blue moon hung in the dark sky, full and round. The stars sparkled and winked, filling up almost every space available in the heavens above. I spotted a large reddish star and briefly wondered which planet it was.

    We passed near a herd of deer. Their scent was heavy on the warm night air. Coyotes yipped and sang from some distance away. Owls called from the lofty tree tops of Douglas Fir trees.

    As we grew closer to the meeting site our group fell silent. Up ahead we all could sense the other waiting Wolf People.

    I took a deep breath. We were almost there.

    Then we emerged from the trees and shrubbery into the clearing. The other Pack was doing likewise.

      Mr. Black and a tall male with shoulder length dark brown hair and radiant silver eyes walked toward each other.

    When they were about four feet apart they stopped and bowed their heads. Our group held back as the other Pack’s members did.

    “Greetings.” Mr. Black and the other Wolf Person said.

    I knew him to be the Pack Leader. And I knew the one lone female with the other Wolf People group was the Mate of the Pack Leader.

    She was tall with long white hair and radiant silver eyes like her mate the Pack Leader.

    Then I turned my attention back to Mr. Black and the other Pack Leader.

    “I am Mr. Black.”

    “I am Mr. Stonevalley.”

    Mr. Black indicated I should come forward as Mr. Stonevalley indicated his mate should come forward.

    “My mate Louise.” Mr. Black introduced me to Mr. Stonevalley and his mate.

    “My mate Cerise.” Mr. Stonevalley introduced his mate to us.

    “Hello Cerise.” I greeted her with a friendly smile.

    “Hello Louise.” Cerise was equally as friendly.

    After that everyone was introduced from both Packs.

    We all sat in a circle in a clearing on the soft fir needled forest floor. Half the circle was our Pack, the other half Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack.

    Then the serious talk started. There was no tension between Packs but plenty of tension over the situation that had brought our two Packs together.

    First the discussion centered on the lost Pack Members who were killed by the humans. Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley led this discussion.

    When the part of the discussion concluded the talk turned to the Wolf Person who was a traitor. Who could this Wolf Person be?

    Both Packs had gotten a smell of his scent and no one from either Pack recognized who it could be.

    I kept glancing at Cerise who kept glancing at me. The few times our eyes met we smiled at each other.

    I liked Cerise already. I could only hope she felt the same about me.

    The Wolf People’s voices grew louder. Anger was becoming the dominate emotion surging from and around the Wolf People in the circle.

    I felt a wave of alarm. What if the two Packs become violent?

    I noticed Cerise signaling me. I looked at her. She stared hard at me. And I knew what I needed to do. Somehow I knew. She had given me a message. Not in words. Not talking telepathically but somehow she sent me a message and I got it.

    I put my hand on Mr. Black’s arm. Then I gripped him. Be calm. I said to him with my mind. We must not lose control. We all need to help each other. I knew the two Packs were not angry with each other but with the situation.

    A traitor in our midst was a hard thing for the Wolf People to accept. Especially one who allowed humans to enter our world and kill fellow Wolf People.

   Thank you, my sweet. Mr. Black said back to me. I heard him in my head. He took my hand. I felt him relaxing.

    Mr. Stalker and the others were relaxing as well. Mr. Black must have sent mental messages to them or somehow influenced their emotions.

    I noticed Cerise and Mr. Stonevalley were holding hands. Cerise was helping her Pack as she had sent me the message to do for mine.

    I smiled to myself. I realized I was more than symbolic now. I was an anchor for the others to hold onto. I was a focal point if any situation started to get out of hand. I was pleased for it would not at all be a good thing if these two Packs became overwhelmed with their anger and turned on each other.

    Both Packs resumed talking about the traitor and how to figure out which Pack he came from in a calmer fashion.

    Plans were made for several from each group present to go through the misty grey veil into the Human World to track and kill the humans who had entered our world. And track down the traitor and bring him back for punishment.

    I was very pleased to learn I would be going to the Human World to help track down and kill these humans!

    I couldn’t wait! I was eager for revenge and hungry and thirsty for raw human flesh and blood!



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Louise being able to calm Mr. Black down I believe is a key part in the story. She has fully become a wolf person and she is taking on the role of the pack leaders mate very well. A woman tends to be the driving force behind a man and this is evident here. Another great chapter. The story is progressing well and I can't wait to see who the traitor is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Louise is blood thirsty, like a proper werewolf. The Hunt is on, may their hunt be successful and their problem is taken care of.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great chapter. Louise feels more important now, which is nice for her.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise being able to calm Mr. Black down I believe is a key part in the story. She has fully become a wolf person and she is taking on the role of the pack leaders mate very well. A woman tends to be the driving force behind a man and this is evident here. Another great chapter. The story is progressing well and I can't wait to see who the traitor is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad that Louise is playing an active role in hunting down these murderous humans and the traitor.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your story is going great so far. Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Definitely an exciting write, causing anticipation for the next chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

595 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 16 Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline