Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

The hunt is on for the human killers and the Wolf Person traitor.

"

    The two Packs parted with the understanding to meet back here in a few hours. Preparations needed to be made with the Packs before we departed on the Hunt for the humans and Wolf Person traitor.

    I had to make sure Maple could stay with my Wolf Children until I got back.

    And Mr. Black had to make sure his choice as a temporary Pack Leader was in place while he was gone.

    We all hoped this hunt would be quick but actually there was no way we could know.

    Mr. Black’s pick for temporary Pack Leader was Mr. Stalker.

    While he was disappointed he wouldn’t be going on the hunt in the Human World he was pleased to be chosen for this important position.

    I was excited! So very excited! Maybe I shouldn’t have been. Two of my Pack Members were dead. But the thought of this Human Hunt thrilled me all the way to the core of my werewolf’s heart.

    I grinned. Preparations did not take long at all. The Pack was aware we were going hunting for the human killers in the Human World. They were informed of the traitor Wolf Person. This Wolf Person traitor would be brought back to the Wolf People World to receive his punishment. And his punishment would not be swift at all. But quite awful. The price for betraying our world to the humans and bringing humans here to kill us.

    Mr. Black, Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest and myself led the hunt for our Pack.

    Mr. Stonevalley, his mate Cerise and two of his chosen male Pack Members would be joining us.

    When we reached the clearing Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack Members were just reaching it as well.

    This was one thing about Wolf People Packs. We were always neutral. One Pack never had an advantage over another. That’s why we always reached the appointed meeting place at the same time. It was on purpose. Kept everything between Packs as equal.

    That created peace and harmony. It was how the Wolf People all wanted to live. Conflict was something to be avoided as much as possible.

    When it happened conflict was dealt with swiftly.

    Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley greeted each other first. Then Cerise and I greeted each other.

    Cerise smiled sweetly when we greeted each other. I was liking her a lot more on this second encounter.

    Then the others all greeted each other.

    Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley stood side by side. “We all know what we are here for and what must be done.” Mr. Black said.

    “And we know how we are going to do it.” Mr. Stonevalley added.

    The group of Wolf People broke into a cheering that sounded like a mixture of shouts and howling.

    They were getting pumped up.

    I looked toward Cerise.

    She was smiling at me, her silver eyes radiant and sparkling with her excitement. I wondered if she’d ever killed humans before.

    I glanced away from Cerise and looked around at all the Wolf People here. We were all werewolves. Maybe we’d all crossed that misty grey veil, hunted and killed humans.

    And we were all ready to do so again.

    Suddenly Cerise was standing beside me. “When this is all done I’d like us to get to know each other better. We Mates to Pack Leaders need to support each other and we’re neighbors too.”

    I looked at Cerise. I thought a moment on how Miss Rose had been so nice and friendly to me then how she had shown her true nature. It hadn’t been so nice.

    I felt a stab of suspicion toward Cerise. Then inwardly I sighed. I wasn’t going to allow Miss Rose’s betrayal to damage me like this.

    I smiled at Cerise, hoping my eyes were just as radiant and sparkling with my excitement.

    “I’d love that.” I said to her.

    Her smile got even brighter, exposing her sharp canines.

    “Great. I’d love to see your Wolf Children. I have none yet. You’re special to have so many so soon.”

    I smiled some more. Here was someone else thinking me special. That made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

    Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley were calling the group together.

    I didn’t have a chance to respond to Cerise. But I did wonder about the obvious gossip going around for her to know about me and my three Wolf Children.

    But I didn’t have time to ponder or dwell on this right now. Perhaps later I’d remember and think about it.

    Right now Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley were gathering the Wolf People to them.

    “We now go hunt those who killed ours and the one who betrayed us.” Mr. Black said in a loud commanding voice.

    I watched him thinking him magnificent! He looked as powerful right now as I truly knew he was.

    “We go in our Wolf Forms until we reach the veil.” said Mr. Stonevalley. “Once at this boundary we shape shift back to our human forms and cross through the veil one by one. Mr. Black and I will cross first.” Mr. Stonevalley said.

    “Then one by one you will come through. Louise and Cerise will come through second.” said Mr. Black.

    Then Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley informed their Pack Members the order in which they wanted them to pass through the veil.

    “Does everyone understand how this is going to be done?” asked Mr. Black.

    “Any questions?” asked Mr. Stonevalley.

    No one had any. Everyone understood.

    “Then we shape shift now and head for the veil!” exclaimed Mr. Black.

   Everyone shape shifted into their Wolf Forms. Within seconds the clearing was full of Wolves dancing about, wagging their great bushy tails and howling.

    This went on for a minute or two as everyone got re-oriented. Then Mr. Black in his huge dark Wolf Form and Mr. Stonevalley rose up and leaped toward the shrubbery, plunging through it and calling out to the others to follow them.

    Howling, we all did.

    I fell in behind Mr. Black and I noticed Cerise in her white Wolf Form right behind Mr. Stonevalley.

    We raced through the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. Soon I noticed misty tendrils creeping along several feet above the forest floor, coiling about tree trunks and large boulders. I heard the pat pat pat sound as moisture dripped from the foliage. And I heard that mysterious hissing breathing sound I once wondered if it was being made by Wolf People. I knew the misty grey veil wasn’t far away.

    Then the misty grey veil was before us. One by one we shape shifted back to our Human Forms.

    We were about to cross over to the Human World and hunt humans. I felt almost crazed with my excitement.

    I wondered, just briefly, what was wrong with me.

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

In the beginning I was thinking that Cerise and Louise would become friends and then Louise made me become suspicious of Cerise. I hope her suspicians aren't true ever since she came into the wolf world she has had to deal with back stabbers and I'd like to see her make a real friend. So many different ways the story could go and still unsure of who the traitor is. I'm loving it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ah! The Misty Grey Veil. That wonderful and mysterious border between the two worlds. Look out humans and Wolf Person traitor.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The hunt is on! This is exciting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In the beginning I was thinking that Cerise and Louise would become friends and then Louise made me become suspicious of Cerise. I hope her suspicians aren't true ever since she came into the wolf world she has had to deal with back stabbers and I'd like to see her make a real friend. So many different ways the story could go and still unsure of who the traitor is. I'm loving it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I wonder if Cherise will turn out to be the true friend that Louise needs.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this chapter. such wonderful detail and imagery here. I like it alot. Thought it was written very well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..