Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

After a successful hunt Louise, Mr. Black and the rest return to the Wolf People's World.

"

    Mr. Black sat on the couch with a satisfied expression on his face. The traitor werewolf sat on the floor at his feet, head bowed. Totally submissive.

    I growled when I saw him.

    So did Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest.

    “Off with his head!” I blurted out.

    Mr. Black laughed. So did Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest.

    The traitor hung his head even lower.

    “His fate will be worse than beheading.” Mr. Black said rising from the couch. He took a hold of the traitor under one arm and yanked him roughly to his feet.

    It looked horribly painful but the traitor didn’t make a sound.

    I noticed his hands were bound.

    Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest were snarling softly, low rumbles from their chests. Their eyes had gone crimson.

    They would tear the traitor apart themselves if they could.

    I was feeling pretty good after my human feast but a violent bloody killing would make my good mood even better.

    “Let’s get going. We’ve been around humans a little too much already.” Mr. Black said. He headed for the door, half dragging half carrying the reluctant traitor beside him.

    I fell in behind Mr. Black and Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest brought up the rear.

    Mr. Forest had the plastic grocery bag with the remains of the bloody clothes of our victims in his hand to dispose of once we got back to the Wolf People’s World.

    We quickly moved through the apartment building and were back in the polluted outdoors again. We encountered no humans as we exited.

    Once back outside we headed for the urban park, all of us putting our sunglasses back on before we’d gone far. Mr. Black put a pair on the traitors face as well.

    “Don’t do anything to get these off your face.” warned Mr. Black.

    The traitor kept his head lowered, “I won’t knock them off.” He said in a very low voice.

    Mr. Black growled.

    I didn’t trust the traitor. I could tell Mr. Black didn’t either.

    “I’ve a sense Mr. Stonevalley and his group won’t be there.” said Mr. Forest.

    “Why’s that?” I asked.

    “It’s just a feeling. I doubt they’ve caught their humans.”

    Mr. Black laughed, a sharp humorless sound. “His Pack isn’t one that travels all that much in the Human World. They lack practice in hunting humans.”

    “I can’t believe that.” I said. “How can they resist hunting the ultimate prey animal and feasting on their tasty raw bloody flesh?”

    Mr. Black laughed again. “Blood thirsty, aren’t we?”

    “She is.” said Mr. Brown. “You have a lovely mate Mr. Black. The perfect partner.”

    “Why, thank you.” I said, smiling, very pleased at the compliment.

    “I agree.” Mr. Forest said.

    “Thank you both. I’m proud of my Louise.” Mr. Black said.

    We reached the urban park. The sun was setting and long shadows stretched across the park coming from the city’s skyscrapers and other buildings.

    In a short period of time we reached the agreed upon meeting place. We stood there in a loose circle, looking around.

     Sure enough, there was no sign of Mr. Stonevalley, his mate Cerise or the other Pack Members with them.

    “Well.” I said.

    “Creates a bit of a problem.” said Mr. Brown.

    “What do we do?” I asked, looking at Mr. Black.

    “We go back to the Wolf People World taking this…thing…with us.” Mr. Black answered, jerking the traitor roughly. “They’ll have to follow behind us when they’ve accomplished their hunt.”

    “Sounds good.” agreed Mr. Brown.

    “I agree. Lingering would not be good for us.” said Mr. Forest.

    “No, it would not be. We’ve been around human’s long enough. Let’s go.” Mr. Black said.

    We crossed the urban park heading for the misty grey veil that separated the Wolf People’s World from the Human World. The sun was rapidly setting but there was still a lot of humans in the park, jogging, bike riding, strolling along, just doing what humans did on a warm summer evening.

    I looked behind me once as we approached the veil just to see if Mr. Stonevalley and his Pack Members had arrived at the urban park.

    Nope. I didn’t see them. I smiled. They weren’t very superior.

    Then I turned my attention to entering the misty grey veil behind Mr. Black and the traitor.

    We passed through the veil and came out on the other side. Back to the mists coiling about the tree trunks and large boulders, back to the damp forest and the pat pat pat as moisture dripped from the foliage and back to that odd hissing sound.

    Back to the Wolf People’s World.

 

   

    As we headed to our village, in Human Form, I kept glancing at the traitor Wolf Person.

    “Where are we going to put him?” I asked.

    The traitor kept his head down, his white hair falling in front of his face, partially shielding him from view. But I’d seen his eyes, they were radiant and silver.

    “The pit.” Mr. Black answered.

    “Ah.” I replied. I recalled from my studies of all things Wolf People that pits were often used to hold Wolf People who committed a serious crime. Usually not very long because punishment was so swift.

    It was a hole in the ground with bars over the top that were secured. And Wolf People did have blacksmiths skilled with iron and other metals.

    I looked at the traitor. I could feel his anger and fear, a heady combination. I smirked. He deserved what he was going to get.

    We reached the village. Mr. Black sent the traitor off with Mr. Forest and Mr. Brown to put him in his pit until Mr. Stonevalley and his Pack returned from the Human World to help punish the traitor.

    Mr. Black and I went to our house. I was eager to be with my Wolf Children again.

    Maple was pleased to see us and was eager to be off with her mate Mr. Brown.

    “Thanks for watching Armand, Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire.” I said.

    “No problem Louise. I’m always glad to watch your Wolf Children, whether it’s Pack business or you’re just wanting some free time.”

    Before she left I filled her in on our successful human hunt and catching the traitor and bringing him back for his punishment. She was thrilled at our success.

    After Maple left I asked Mr. Black, “What about Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People? What if they’re in trouble?”

    Mr. Black looked grim for a moment. “I hope they can handle themselves but if they are and don’t return soon we’ll have to go back and rescue them. If they manage not to get in too much trouble. Even though they are not as skilled as we are in hunting humans I hope they can deal with a tricky situation if one has come up for them in the Human World.”

    Then he chuckled and so did I. But I wasn’t so sure what was supposed to be funny.

    After I made sure Armand, Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire were settled Mr. Black and I went to take a shower together, to wash away any lingering remains of my human feast and just to enjoy each other in a very pleasurable way.



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

After all that excitement Louise and Mr. Black sure know how to finish the day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

More mystery to solve in regards to the other group of Wolf People.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Evan I think the other pack is in trouble. I love how this story isn't predictable it's keeping me on the edge of my seat wanting to know more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a most wonderful chapter here. I like this chpater I think the best. i liked how you explianed the part about crime. This is wonderful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is great so far. Nice work.

I have a feeling that the other packs members are in trouble. I guess I'll find out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 21 Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tina Kline