Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand makes his first kill and it is time for a serious discussion for Louise and Mr. Black.

"

    Mr. Black had posted a lookout at the location where Mr. Stonevalley and his group would return through the misty grey veil. They would have to return by the same route they had entered. There was no alternative route, so there was no chance they would return in some other location and just be missed coming back.

    Mr. Stonevalley and his group did not return. After a few hours the traitor was hauled up from the pit and locked into a very small building. He would wait for his punishment in the small building. The pit had only been meant to hold him until he received his punishment, it was not meant as a long term holding place.

    Mr. Black paced back and forth in our living room. Mr. Stalker and Mr. Brown were present also. They didn’t pace but instead leaned against the wall.

    I sat on the floor close to the bedroom door so I could hear if Mr. Hunter or Miss Starfire woke and needed me.

    Armand was in his room playing with his shapes. Mr. Stalker had made him his three Wolf Shapes from deer antlers that he had been wanting.

    Now Armand had shapes for all of us, one for each family member. I was equally tuned into him as well, to make sure he was content while I was busy with Pack Business.

    “Is this our worry Mr. Black?” asked Mr. Brown.

    Mr. Black turned to face him. “Those humans who invaded our world are our concern. If Mr. Stonevalley and his group failed to kill them then we need to know. And then we’d need to do it.”

    “That is a concern as to whether those humans are still alive.” agreed Mr. Stalker.

    “I agree.” said Mr. Brown. “But as for Mr. Stonevalley and his Pack, we are not responsible.”

    “We are not. Mr. Stonevalley appointed a temporary Pack Leader as I did just for such an occurrence. His Pack will not be in disarray.” said Mr. Black. “And I don’t like prolonging the traitor’s life. I will keep him locked up only so long. If Mr. Stonevalley and his group fail to return we will exact his punishment.”

    We all grinned then, malicious fanged grins at the thought of ripping and tearing the traitor apart.

    I thought of his long white hair and radiant silver eyes and wondered how he could betray the Wolf People to the humans like he did.

    I wondered if I went to see him if he would talk to me.  I wanted to know his reasons. But no reason could forgive him for what he did.

    “How much longer do we wait.” asked Mr. Brown. His brownish yellow eyes glittered with his agitation.

    “Not much longer.” said Mr. Black. “I can’t be comfortable until I know those humans are dead.”

   We all grinned again. I felt like we were a bunch of lunatics, the way we grinned with relish at the thought of slaughtering humans.

    I chuckled at my thoughts. I figured I was still a bit close to my former humanity to be thinking the way I was.

    I heard Armand throw something against the wall. I was on my feet instantly. “Excuse me.” I said.

    Everyone waved a hand in my direction indicating it was fine for me to step away from the meeting to tend to Armand.

    I opened the door and went into his room.

    He was crouched in the corner of his room, head down, growling.

    “What Armand?” I crossed the room quickly to his side.

    “See Mama! See!” said Armand pointing to something on the floor. “I want to kill it!” His words ended in a growling hiss.

    I saw what he was pointing at. It was one of those large green insect like things.

    The first time I saw one it had creeped me out. And every time after that I saw one it creeped me out again. This time was no different. I shuddered with horror at the sight of it.

    “Okay Armand.” I said. I saw this as a good opportunity for him to learn some hunting and killing skills. “It’s a bad bug. It’s okay to kill it.”

    He turned to look at me, his silver blue eyes shone with his excitement. “Really Mama! I can kill it?”

    I looked at the insect and shuddered again. It was big, about three inches long with six legs twice as long as it’s body. It had wings that were transparent and folded on its back. It had antenna that were flickering about, mandibles that looked painful if they bit you and lastly, it was making a creepy hissing sound.

    “Yes, sweetie, I want you to kill it.  For now I want you to get your sharp blade and I’ll show you where to strike. When you’re older your talons will be grown in and you’ll use them and your fangs to make your kills.”

    “Yippy!” Armand skipped across his room, got his sharp black blade and was crouched back over the insect that was slowly moving out of the corner making its hissing sound.

    “Cut it right there, on its neck. That’s the perfect killing place, severe the head from the body.” I pointed to the place where the insect’s head was connected to its body. Its big bulging eyes were clear and swiveled about as if it were looking around the room.

    Armand snarled and with a quick motion of his hand and wrist severed the insect’s head from its body. The head rolled a little ways while its legs jerked about madly.

    Armand started laughing loudly. His special bell like laugh rang clear. He sat down and laughed and laughed as the insect’s body went through its death throes.

    “Good boy Armand! I’m so very very proud of you! You killed it with your first strike!”

    Armand turned his smiling laughing face from watching the last of the dead insect’s antics to me, a very proud look on it.

    “Really Mama? You’re proud of me?”

    “Yes I am. Very proud.” I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tightly. “I love you Armand.”

    “I love you Mama.”

    The bedroom door opened and Mr. Black strode in. “What’s going on in here?” He asked.

    He smiled when he saw we were smiling and hugging.

    “Look Daddy! My first kill!” Armand pointed excitedly at the now motionless dead bug. “Mama’s proud of me.”

    “Great son!” Mr. Black crossed the room and looked down at the dead insect with its head a few inches away from its body.

    A greenish goo had come out of it. There was a slightly bad smell coming from it as well. I decided to get the thing out of here now.

    “Good job! Son, I’m proud of you too.” When Mr. Black saw I was going to clean it up he stopped me. “Let me do it.”

    I smiled at him, grateful. I hadn’t looked forward to cleaning up the remains of the thing.

    “I’ll clean it. It’s my kill.” Armand insisted. And without waiting for an okay he went right to it.

    “I’m proud of our Wolf Son.” I said standing and going to Mr. Black.

    “I am too.” said Mr. Black.

    Armand smiled proudly at hearing us and did an excellent job cleaning up his first kill.

    I looked at Mr. Black questions in my eyes. The meeting had ended and I wanted to know when we were going back to the Human World to see what had happened with the two remaining humans Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People had been supposed to kill.

    And I wondered what had happened to Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and the other two Wolf People.

   

   

   

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I find it funny that Louise is a blood thirsty wolf and she's creeped out by an insect. It's jut like a human freaking out over a spider when they can easily squash it. Another great chapter. Armand is such a likeable character even if he is only a baby.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That's just way cute! Armand making his first kill and his Wolf Parents showing love for him and making him feel so proud of himself!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I sure love the little Wolf Boy Armand. He's cool.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find it funny that Louise is a blood thirsty wolf and she's creeped out by an insect. It's jut like a human freaking out over a spider when they can easily squash it. Another great chapter. Armand is such a likeable character even if he is only a baby.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The Wolf have adapt in Michigan to living with human. Story is very good. I wonder what a Animal is thinking? I lived in the Upper Michigan. Still free and wild land. Humans fear can destroy all that is beautiful.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Full of suspense here, This is a wonderful write here. I like this chapter alot. wonderful detail and imagery.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Helpless Helpless

A Poem by .nicole.