Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Mr. Black returns to the Human World to make sure the remaining human killers are dead leaving Louise behind.

"

    Armand was content after clearing away his kill; back to playing with his wolf shapes and colored rocks that reminded me of glass. Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire still slept.

    Mr. Black and I sat on the couch. He held my hands. “My sweet.” He began.

    I felt a moment of concern. Something seemed off. “Yes?”

    “I’m going back to the Human World along with Mr. Grey, Mr. Forest and Mr. Brown to make sure the two remaining humans are dead.”

    I stared at him. He hadn’t said I was included.

    “I’m not going?” How I wanted to possibly kill more humans.

    “Not this time Louise. I want you to stay with our Wolf Children. This is not a simple hunt as before. Something’s gone wrong. Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People should have been back by now.”

    I sighed deeply. I could hear Armand playing in his bedroom through his open door. The twins slept peacefully in their wicker baby bed in our bedroom.

    Then I looked at Mr. Black. He was still holding my hands.

    “I want you safe Louise. I want you here to raise our Wolf Children if something goes wrong.”

    I gasped at that. “Go wrong?” I could hear the alarm in my own voice.

    “Come now, my sweet. This is just all precaution. Something went wrong with the other Pack. At this point we don’t know what that is.”

    I sighed again. “Okay, Mr. Black. Is Mr. Stalker temporary Pack Leader again while you’re gone?”

    “He is.” Mr. Black leaned close, tilted my head up and kissed me on the mouth. My lips parted as I kissed him in return. Then he drew back. “This mission could go smoothly. All could be fine with Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People.”

    “Yes.” I quickly agreed. “Perhaps the hunt just took them longer.”

    Mr. Black smiled. “That could very well be it. But enough time has gone by that we need to check. We don’t want to keep the traitor around too long. He might start thinking he’s forgiven.”

    I laughed a cold sound. “Never!”

    “Never is right.”

    I felt a little better at being left behind this time. I’d be here with my Wolf Children but still I felt a bit worried.

    Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and the others with them might have encountered real trouble or tragedy in the Human World.

    Maybe the humans they hunted were prepared to retaliate while ours were not. Their humans could have been smarter and had expected attack where ours had been way over confident.

    Mr. Black was watching me, something he always liked to do. “I see the worry dancing across your face.”

    I smiled and made a shaky laugh. “I can’t help but be worried. I just want this situation to end positively and smoothly.”

    “As I do.”

    “We should have punished the traitor by now.”

    “Yes, we should have.”

    “I should be getting to know Cerise now.”

    Mr. Black smiled. I could see the tips of his canines. “She seems nice.”

    “I like her. I hope she’s alright.”

    Mr. Black squeezed my hands. “We don’t know what’s happened.”

    “Are you going to be looking for Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People as well?” I asked.

    “We’ll be looking.”

    “But after you kill the last two humans are you going to keep looking for them?”

    “It is not in my plans, no. We have no allegiance with them.”

    I sighed, not feeling too happy about this.

    “You know Louise; we Wolf People keep to ourselves. That’s the way it’s always been. Packs don’t interact with each other.”

    “I know.” I was silent a moment, thinking.

    “What is it?”

    I looked at him. His off white eyes were radiant, his dark hair framing his face.

    “Perhaps that tradition should change, don’t you think?” I asked, keeping my voice firm with my conviction.

    Mr. Black looked surprised a moment then burst out laughing.

    “What?”

    “Be calm, my sweet plaything. I’m not mocking you, not at all. That’s just such a novel idea!”

    “But why not? Why can’t Packs be friends with each other?”

    “We are highly territorial.”

    “Just like wolf packs in the Human World.” I muttered. “But there is a difference.”

    “Go on. I’m interested.”

    “Wolf People can think, have complex thinking abilities and in thinking we can change things. Wolves in the Human World can think but not about things like changing.”

    “My sweet sweet Louise.” He pulled me into a tight hug. “How I love you! You never cease to surprise me!”

    I squirmed in his arms. “Well?”

   “We’ll see.”

    “I don’t like that answer.” I said irritated.

    “Louise, your idea is new and novel. I will call a Pack Meeting and put the idea out there to the Pack. We will vote.”

    I remembered the chaotic manner in which the Pack had voted on other issues. I didn’t like the free-for-all way in which it was done but I couldn’t complain about everything.

    At least the Pack would be deciding. But would they be open to such change? Would other Packs?

    Mr. Black sat back from me. “But now I must go.”

    “Yes. Please don’t leave the Human World without knowing, at least, what Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People’s fates are.”

    He gave me a quick kiss. “Yes, my sweet, we’ll find out before we leave. All will be resolved before we return.”

    I felt a stab of worry. I hoped my request wouldn’t take too long!

    “I must go. The others are gathering outside.” Mr. Black stood up.

    I could hear the others outside our house too. I followed him to the door. “Return swiftly and safely.” I said.

     He kissed me one last time and was gone.   



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Louise is out to change the traditions of the Wolf people and sometimes change is good. I believe the change is needed and should be accepted but I'll have to keep reading to see how it goes. The dialogue is written well it seems realistic. On to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A big mystery. Must read on to see how this works itself out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise life is complicated but never dull. I'm really enjoying this book.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise is out to change the traditions of the Wolf people and sometimes change is good. I believe the change is needed and should be accepted but I'll have to keep reading to see how it goes. The dialogue is written well it seems realistic. On to the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Another wonderful chapter here. I like this. Full of vivid detail and such wonderful imagery. Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

601 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..