Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise, Miss Snow and Pine decide to talk to the traitor.

"

    With Mr. Black and the others gone I started to worry. Would he come back? Would what happened to Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People also happen to Mr. Black and our Wolf People?

    I knew I’d make myself crazy if I dwelled on it too long.

    I turned my attention to my Wolf Children. Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire were waking. As soon as he heard them waking Armand had rushed from his room and entered my room where the twins still slept.

    As I followed Armand in I heard him greeting his Wolf Brother and Wolf Sister.

    “Hi Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire.” He stood beside their wicker baby bed gazing down at them, a big smile of greeting on his face.

    The twins made cooing like noises at him in return. I was certain that was their pleased greeting to him.

    “They're awake Mama.” Armand said.

    “Yes, they are. And I bet they’re hungry.”

    “Yeah. I’m always hungry.” Armand said.

    “Yes you are. You’re a growing Wolf Boy. You need lots of meat right now.” I said to him lifting first Miss Starfire from the bed and then Mr. Hunter.

   “Ew! They smell.” said Armand wrinkling his little nose.

    I laughed softly at him as I settled the twins on the bed. “Then, my beloved Wolf Son, I suggest you go into the living room and play while I make them presentable.”

    “Okay.” Armand rushed from the bedroom.

    Once I had cleaned them up I settled on the bed with Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter and nursed them. After a short while Armand returned with his wolf shapes.

    He got up on the bed and played quietly while I fed his Wolf Brother and Wolf Sister.

    Armand moved his wolf shapes about on the bed, making different voices as he had them talk to each other and had them howl.

    “Quite the impressive howl you have Armand.” I told him.

    He smiled at me, pleased and proud by my compliment.

    “I do Mama? Really?”

    “Yes, Armand, you do. And it will only get better with practice.”
    After that he went about the house howling.

    I heard coyotes start yapping and singing close by from the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest. I had no doubts they were responding to Armand.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter finally had full bellies and were satisfied. I settled them back into their baby bed.

    They were old enough now to sit up on their own. I put some of the colored rocks that looked like glass in their bed. That kept them entertained, for long periods of time occasionally.

    They looked at the pretty rocks that glittered when any available light touched them and the light right now came from the silver blue moon that shone brightly just outside the bedroom window. Then they picked them up and handed them to each other and had long conversations about them.

    To me those talks seemed like a lot of different cooing sounds.

    They were happy and content, that’s what mattered to me.

    Armand grew tired of his howling and came back into the bedroom and sat on the bed. He quickly became engrossed with his wolf shapes, content to play with them now. It seemed he had lost interest in the other shapes. It was just the wolf ones that mattered to him now.

    Miss Snow and Pine were coming by.  I sensed their approach. It would be good to have their company right now.

    I wanted to see what they thought of me or us, talking to the traitor. To find out why he had betrayed his own Wolf People.

    That would help me keep my mind off what Mr. Black was doing right now and the possible danger he might be in.

    I heard Miss Snow and Pine reach the porch and come up the steps. I had the door open before they could knock.

    “Hi.” I greeted cheerfully.

    “Hi Louise.” They said simultaneously.

    Our smiles of greeting increased when that happened. Then we chuckled.

    “Come in.” I stood back so they could enter.

    I shut the door and we took seats in the living room.

    “I hear Mr. Black led a group back to the Human World to clean up the other Pack’s mistake.” said Pine.

    “He’s gone back, yes.” I answered. “He wanted to make sure the other two human killers are dead.”

    “Wonder what happened to the other Wolf People.” said Miss Snow.

    “He’ll find out.” I said.

    “You, Mr. Black, Mr. Brown and Mr. Forest should have taken care of all the humans.” said Pine.

    I smiled at that. “It would have been glorious. Killing and feasting on all those humans.”

    Miss Snow and Pine laughed at my enthusiasm.

    “It’s been a while since I’ve hunted and feasted on a human.” said Pine.

    “Same here. I did a lot of hunting in the 15, 16 and 17 hundreds. In the 18 and 19 hundreds I slacked off a bit. More humans around, the more you could get noticed. But returning to the Wolf People World helps avoid discovery.”

    “I agree.” I decided now was a good time to change the subject. “I have something I want to ask you two.”

    “Yes?” said Pine.

    “What is it?” asked Miss Snow.

    “It’s about the traitor.”

    “What about him?” asked Pine.

    Miss Snow waited.

    “I want to talk to him. Find out who he is and why he did what he did.”

    Pine gasped.

    Miss Snow sucked in her breath in surprise.

    “Louise!” Pine said in a shocked voice.

    “What? Really, what’s wrong with knowing his motivation?”

    “He needs to die. There is no excuse for what he did.” said Miss Snow.

    “I agree.” I said. “But I still want to know.”

    “You’re a rebel!” Miss Snow said suddenly, laughter in her voice.

    “You sure are. That’s why we love you.” Said Pine.

    “So, you’re coming with me?” I asked.

    “I will.” said Miss Snow.

    “So will I.” said Pine.

    “Great!” I was all excited now. “Let me see if Maple will watch Armand and the twins. I’m sure she will then we can be off!”



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Armand is as adorable as ever. You can't help but smile when you read about him. I think Louise is right about going to talk to the traitor. You need to know his motives it could give answers to things they might not think they need answers to but do. Another great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh oh! I can see why they want to talk to the traitor but I hope for their sake no Big Bad results from this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like Armand too. He's becoming quite the star in this book. I'm enjoying the book completely.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand is as adorable as ever. You can't help but smile when you read about him. I think Louise is right about going to talk to the traitor. You need to know his motives it could give answers to things they might not think they need answers to but do. Another great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really like this little Armand character. He reminds me of my nephews down south.

Anyway, this was a good chapter. I'm curious about what they'll ask the traitor.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i like this chapter alot. It is very descriptive. Full of wonderful imagery and detail. This is very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline