Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise talks to the traitor and learns his story.

"

    Miss Snow, Pine and myself stood outside the little building that housed the traitor. We all knew he knew we were there.

    “You’re sure about this?” Miss Snow asked.

    “I am.” I said. “I want to know why he betrayed Wolf People.”

    “Okay.” Miss Snow replied.

    As Mate to the Pack Leader no one questioned me as I motioned to one of the guards to unlock the door.

    This was one of the few buildings in the Wolf Village that had a lock on it.

    “Okay Louise.” The guard said. “We’ll be just outside the door if he makes trouble.”

    “Thank you.” I said and went in, Miss Snow and Pine right behind me.

    A small bed about the size of a cot and an equally small table were the only furnishings in this small building. The windows were too narrow for a human or Wolf body to even squeeze through. There was also a very small bathroom.

    It was obvious no one was meant to be in this building for any length of time.

    The traitor sat on the bed watching us. His white hair and radiant silver eyes shimmered in the dimly lit place.

    The guard placed three simple chairs in the building for Miss Snow, Pine and me.

    “Thanks.” We mumbled to the guard.

    “You’re welcome.” said the guard and left to stand outside the door with the other guard.

    We sat down staring at the traitor who in turn sat motionless on the bed staring at us in return.

    The silence went on too long. I finally spoke.

    “What is your name?”

    The traitor blinked but said nothing.

    I sighed, fighting back the sudden surge of irritation I felt.

    “Don’t be difficult. Just tell me your name.” I said, more forcefully this time.

    I noticed the traitor’s silver eyes flicker from me to Miss Snow then Pine.

    “Why do you need to know my name? I’m already dead to you all.” The traitor said.

    “I want to know. It’s important to me.” I answered his question.

    “It’s Michar then.” The traitor said. He turned his face away from us and stared at the wall.

    I was certain he wasn’t really staring at the wall, he had gone to someplace in his mind. I meant to make him come back.

    “Thank you Michar. I am Louise. This is Miss Snow and Pine.
    “Hi.” Pine said.

    “Hi Michar.” said Miss Snow.

    Michar turned his face to look back at us.

    Not at us, I noticed right away, but at Miss Snow.

    I could see interest in his eyes for her.

    I glanced at Miss Snow. I could see she was liking Michar’s interest. Oh no! I thought. I needed to get my answers right away and get us out of here!

    “Tell me Michar, why did you bring humans into our world to slaughter Wolf People?”

    He laughed. It was a harsh sound. But he didn’t answer.

    After he gave me a dark look for asking he went back to looking at Miss Snow.

    Maybe I should tell Miss Snow to leave, I thought. This sudden interest they have for each other isn’t good, not at all.

    “Just tell me.” I insisted.

    “What difference does it make? I’m dead already. That’s Wolf People justice.” Michar said.

    “You deserve to die for what you did!” Pine said.

    Michar just laughed mockingly at her.

    Pine snarled at him. There was no interest between those two at least!

    No. None at all.

    “I want to know.” I said. “Just tell me.”

    “Yes, tell us.” Miss Snow said in a soft, feathery voice.

    Michar’s eyes flew to her. They became more radiant. I noticed a smile hovering on his lips.

    I looked at Miss Snow. She was smiling openly at him. Warmly! She was about to get me the information I wanted.

    “I’ll tell her, Miss Snow.” Michar said.

    “Okay. Fine. I’d appreciate it if you would.” I told him.

    “I had those Wolf People killed because they raped and killed my mate. I had humans do it. I figured they’d get punished, not me. Seems I was wrong about the punishment part.” His voice was bitter.

    I gasped with shock. So did Pine and Miss Snow.

    “Are you serious Michar? Those Wolf People raped your mate?” I asked, stunned at what I was hearing.

    “I am!” He snarled, all anger and rage. His canines gleamed in the shadowy room.

    “Why didn’t you go to your Pack leader with this?” I asked.

    “I did. He did nothing. He did not believe me. Wolf People don’t commit such acts, you know? I guess he wanted to believe my Mate would be with all those males, one right after the other, wanted to be beaten as she was, wanted them to kill her.” He was breathing heavily with his anger.

    “You don’t deserve to die!” Said Miss Snow suddenly standing up. “Those evil Wolf People deserve what they got!”

    “What about coming to our Pack Leader?” Pine asked, since two of the Wolf People had been from our Pack.

     “I hadn’t realized your Leadership had changed. Your former Pack Leader wouldn’t have done anything either.” said Michar.

    “I believe that.” I said. “But our current Pack Leader would.” I stood up. I wondered briefly how Mr. Stonevalley would have reacted had Michar gone to him. The end result would probably have been the same as when he went to his Pack Leader.

    Pine stood up as well.

    Miss Snow looked hopefully at me. “You will talk to Mr. Black? Explain this to him?”

   I put my hand on her arm to reassure her. “I will.” Then I said to Michar. “I am Mate to the Pack Leader. I will talk to him as soon as he returns. Until then I will make sure you’re as comfortable here as you possibly can be.”

    I could see Michar had clamed down quite a bit. “Thank you Louise and you Miss Snow as well. I could use a little food and water here, however.”

   “You’re welcome.” I and Miss Snow said simultaneously.

    “I’ll make sure food and water is brought to you.” I said to Michar.

    We left then and I told the guard to bring the traitor food and water. He relocked the door to the building and went to fetch the food and water. Another guard stood beside the building to keep watch.

    “You will talk to Mr. Black?” Miss Snow asked me.

    “I will. The truth needs to be known here.” And I meant what I said.

 

   

 



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, the traitor has a valid and good reason for what he did but it probably won't be seen that way by the other Wolf People.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The traitor had a good reason for what he did but will the Wolf People all think so? Sometimes the reason behind a crime just doesn't matter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome chapter. I had a feeling the traitor had a reasonable motive. Now Him and Miss Snow have a connection. The story is developing more plots and I love that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the questions ask in this chapter. Why did the Gods bring man into the world to kill? Story is very good. Detail and strength in every chapter. With photos this would be a beautiful story to read to my children.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. I had a feeling that the traiter had reasons to what he did.
This is a fantastic story you have going here! Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this one. Th eplot thickens a bit. Such dramatic write as well. This is full of amazing imagery. Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2009
Last Updated on December 27, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 15 Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline