Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise worries about what to do to save the traitor. Miss Snow puts the pressure on to save him as well.

"

    After thanking Maple for watching my Wolf Children I settled on the bed with them. Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were hungry and I fed them.

    Armand had his meal fixed by Maple and he was content to sit beside me and his Wolf siblings playing with his Wolf Shapes.

    I smiled as I watched him playing. He gave different voices to each Wolf Shape as he pretended each one was a different member of his family.

    I thought about Michar. From the story he told me I didn’t think he deserved death. Some sort of punishment for bringing humans into our world, yes, but not death.

    Miss Snow and Pine didn’t think he deserved death either.

    Since they agreed, I wasn’t concerned I was being too human again with my emotions.

    The former Pack Leader would kill Michar no matter what. It didn’t matter that Michar belonged to another Pack. His death would be a violent one.

    But I believed Mr. Black would listen to me and I believed he’d agree with me in the end.

    Violence was done to Michar’s mate. Michar had a right to avenge her and no one cared at the time to believe him or help carry out just punishment on those who had done him wrong.

    I was eager for Mr. Black to return. I wanted him here with me now. And I wanted him to cancel Michar’s death sentence.

    Hurry Mr. Black! Come home to me! I sent my thoughts out to him.

    And waited.

    No answer. He was somewhere in the Human World. Our thoughts couldn’t reach each other, it seemed.

    “Where’s Daddy?” Armand asked suddenly.

    “He’s out on Pack Business. He’ll be back soon.” I hoped.

    Armand looked at me. I could see his displeasure in his eyes. He hated hearing that excuse for his father’s absences.

    I ruffled his hair. “You’ll understand someday.” I smiled at him. I bet he hated hearing that as well.

    But both were true. His father was away on Pack Business and Armand would someday understand.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter soon had full bellies. I settled them on the bed where Armand kept them entertained. And they kept him entertained.

    I was pleased the twins were old enough to interact with their older brother now. They were growing fast, just as Armand was. Just as all Wolf Children did.

    I paced back and forth from the bedroom to the living room and back again.

    I thought about Michar’s plight. I recalled the shared looks between him and Miss Snow. There was something there, I knew. And I knew it could grow into something wonderful for them. A romance. But Michar had a death sentence on him.

    And I wanted to change that.

    I wanted Mr. Black to hurry up and return. It was impossible for me not to worry about him.

    The silver blue moon was high in the star studded dark sky. The warm breeze rustled through the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple trees creating a soothing swish swish sound.

    Coyotes sang somewhere close by.

    Also several Wolf People in their Wolf Forms were howling together in the dark shadowy forest.

    I could hear several bats flying about outside the house, darting about as they hunted and caught night insects.

    Several owls were calling back and forth in the lofty branches of the Douglas Fir trees.

    I went to the kitchen window and looked out. The soft voices of several Wolf People talking nearby drifted to me. I ignored their conversation. I was only interested in hearing one voice. That voice was Mr. Black’s.

     I turned away from the kitchen window. I needed something to occupy myself with. But what?

    Then I sensed Miss Snow approaching. I could sense her agitation as well.

    No doubt it had something to do with Michar. I was afraid she was already completely taken with him.

    I met her at the door.

    “Hi Louise.” She greeted me.

    “Hi.” I smiled at her and stepped aside so she could enter.

    As Miss Snow sat on the couch I closed the door.

    I sat beside her.

    From the bedroom we could hear Armand chatting with Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter.

    I waited for Miss Snow to start talking.

    I could see she was having a difficult time finding the words she wanted to start the conversation with.

    I finally decided to help her out.

    “Is this about Michar?” I asked.

    “Yes!” She said. “Yes it is!”

    “I thought so.”

    “You won’t let him die! He had a very good reason for doing what he did.”

    Miss Snow’s black eyes glittered with her fevered emotions.

    “I agree.” I told her. “I don’t think he should be put to death either. Some other punishment for bringing humans into our world, yes, but not execution.”

    She took both my hands in hers and squeezed them, almost to the point of causing pain. “You’ll talk Mr. Black out of his death sentence! Please Louise!”

    “I am going to try. Do my best then do a little better.”

    Miss Snow relaxed a little. She let go of my hands. “Thank you.”

    “You know Miss Snow; you’ve fallen for Michar, haven’t you?”

    She laughed. It was a high pitched hysterical sound. “I guess I have. I think he’s taken with me too.”

   I sighed. “That’s a sad thing, you know, letting yourself have feelings for someone who is doomed to die.”

    Miss Snow looked upset. “He can’t die!”

    “Right now that’s his fate. I’m going to try to change it Miss Snow but you have to accept I might not be able to.”

    “I know. I know. I feel so silly but I can’t help how I feel. I really can’t.”

    I felt for her. “I’ll do my best. Mr. Black isn’t back yet obviously but I wish he’d hurry up and get back.”

    “Don’t worry Louise. Mr. Black can take care of himself. And he has good Wolf People with him.”

    I smiled, grateful for Miss Snow extending comfort to me. We sat on the couch together, each of us lost in the thoughts of the males who were touching our hearts.

   

   



© 2009 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now the game is on. Is Louise going to be able to do anything to save the traitor that Miss Snow seems to be falling or has fallen for.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise is in a tough spot. And I feel the pain of Miss Snow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Poor Miss Snow she finds a potential mate and he's waiting around to be executed. I hope Louise can convince Mr. Black that he doesn't deserve to die.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is quite the chapter here. I enjoyed this. All the amazing detail and imagery is wonderful. Very well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2009
Last Updated on December 29, 2009


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 29 Chapter 29

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline