Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise is relieved of the outcome of the Pack vote and Michar prepares to receive his punishment.

"

    I was giddy with relief. Michar wasn’t going to die and the look of pure relief on Miss Snow’s face was a wonder.

    But he would still be punished. Just the Lesser Punishment.

    The two Wolf People holding Michar let go of him and stood back.

    Then the male Wolf People started to shape shift into their Wolf Forms. One by one by one.

    And so did Mr. Black, Mr. Stonevalley, Mr. Stalker and lastly, Michar himself.

    The female Wolf People would not be participating in delivering this Lesser Punishment.

    But I knew what it was. All the males of the Pack would attack Michar, over and over again, ripping him, biting him, tearing him until he could no longer move. It would hurt to him just like it would to any living creature being so torn apart; it would be pure physical agony by the time it ended. And to the Wolf People to be rendered so helpless would be the ultimate of humiliations.

   Then once he was torn apart, looking like there was no way he could possibly survive, they would leave him.

    Collapsed somewhere in the forest he’d be left on his own to heal. And heal he would. Such a savage, brutal attack would not kill any Wolf Person, only decapitation would. It was just such a great shame that made it such an awful and effective punishment, along with the physical torment.

    I stood and watched as all the other female Wolf People did as Michar changed form. He was the last male to do so.

    He stood as a grey and black Wolf with black eyes, looking over the other obviously eager Wolf People in Wolf Form who wanted to attack him, then turned and fled.

    He sped away through the village.

    The excited Werewolves barked, howled and whined, wagging their bushy tails, wanting to be off on the hunt, but waiting…waiting for the signal from their Pack Leader.

   Michar reached the edge of the village and entered the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    That’s when the signal came. Mr. Black pointed his shaggy dark Wolf head skyward and let out a long, piercing howl.

   Then he leaped forward with Mr. Stalker right behind him and raced after Michar, the rest of the werewolf males right behind them.

    I stood there with the rest of the female Wolf People watching them go. Their passing was silent. Deadly. Lethal. But not in reality.

    I felt slightly dizzy. I was relieved Michar would live. But I wondered if he’d return for Miss Snow. And if he did what would happen.

    Miss Snow and Pine rushed to me.

    “He will live!” Miss Snow said. “Thank you Louise. Thank you!”

    I smiled; glad I had managed to help in the end.

    The other female Wolf People were gathered in groups talking excitedly. A meal would be prepared for when the males returned.

    I called to Cerise who looked like she was waiting for me to do just that.

    “I’m so glad it went this way.” Cerise said to me. “Sometimes traditions are not always so good.”

    “Thank you.” I said. “Let’s go back to my house. This punishment could be quick or take a long time.

    “Thank you. I’d like to go to your house.” said Cerise with a sweet smile.

    “I need to sit down.” said Miss Snow.

    She did look exhausted from this obviously emotional ordeal she’d just been through.

    We walked back to my house while a feast was being readied for the males return.

    Raw bloody freshly killed cubed deer and elk meat. All nice and warm.

    But right now I just wanted to be alone with my friends. We all needed each other at this moment.

 

    When we got to my house I quickly filled Maple in on what happened. She was so excited and wanted to help get the celebration feast ready she all but flew out of the house.

    While Miss Snow, Pine and Cerise settled in the living room I went to check on Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter.

    They were contently playing together in Armand’s room.

    “Mama!” Armand said with a smile as I opened the door and entered his room. “We’re playing. They can play now.” He pointed to his siblings.

    Miss Starfire held up a shape of a deer to show me.

    “You’re so good!” I said to her.

    She smiled and giggled.

    Mr. Hunter then showed me his shape. It looked like a flower. He made a happy sound. I knew he was trying to talk. It wouldn’t be long before Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were talking.

    “See Mama! They’re getting big!” Armand said.

    “Yes they are. And so are you.” I went to him and ruffled his hair.

    He giggled.

    Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire giggled with him.

    I smiled. How I loved my 3 Wolf Children. “You okay here Armand?” I asked him.

    “Yes Mama.” He held up one of his wolf shapes, moved it a bit then made howling sounds as he tipped the wolf shape’s head up.

    I smiled. “Okay. I’m going out to talk to Miss Snow, Pine and a new friend.”

    “New friend?” asked Armand.

    “Yes, a new friend. I’ll introduce you to her soon.”

    “Okay Mama.” He made more howling sounds, moving his wolf shape in the air in front of him like it was walking.

    I laughed softly. “Love you Armand. Love you Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter.”

    “Love you Mama.” said Armand.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter smiled up at me making happy sounds.

    I smiled at my Wolf Children one more time then returned to the living room.

    Cerise smiled at me as I returned. I knew she wanted to meet my Wolf Children but that would have to wait for later.

    I sat in the comfy chair. I felt a wave of exhaustion hit me. I knew it was the after shock from the emotional roller coaster, fear and relief I’d just gone through from recent events.

    “Now we wait.” I said.

    “Yup.” Said Pine.

    “It will be brutal.” said Cerise.

    “Have you seen the end result of one of these Lesser Punishment attacks?” I asked her.

    “Yes. Once. All do survive, however. It’s the shame and humiliation that is a little harder to recover from.” She looked at Miss Snow when she said that.

    Miss Snow smiled. But she looked like she was about to burst into tears again. I bet she was extremely exhausted.

    “So, now what?” Pine asked.

    I took a deep breath. “We wait. When they return we go join the celebration.”

    “What about Michar?” Miss Snow asked.

    “He’ll recover then decide what he wants to do.” Cerise said.

    I knew Miss Snow was hoping he’d return to her.

   

  

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes pain is better than death and in this situation I'm sure Michar agrees. He will live and he and Miss Snow I hope will finally be able to be together.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

At least Michar will survive this way and have a chance with Miss Snow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this one is kind of inflicting here. The feelings with the character it seems he got what he deserved. Well written

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

In my opinion, extreme pain is worse than death. So really he didn't get a lesser punishment... At least he has a chance to redeem himself.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Even though Michar was spared execution and given the lesser punishment I still feel for him. It seems brutal. I hope he returns for Miss Snow. I think he will though. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

585 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 23 Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline