Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

After Michar's punishment is finished the celebration begins and Louise wonders what Mr. Black is going to do to teach her her place.

"

    Soon they returned. The feast was waiting for them. And the Wolf People celebrated. Some of them in their Wolf Forms, some in their Human Forms. They howled, they laughed, they feasted and the village was filled with excitement.

    Mr. Black, Mr. Stonevalley and Mr. Stalker came into the house, their eyes wild with their excitement and their smiles wide, exposing their canines.

    “Come.” Said Mr. Black. “We must all go to the celebration.”

    I stood up as did Cerise and Miss Snow. Cerise went to her Mate who put his arm around her and led her outside.

    “We’ll see each other again Louise.” Cerise said just before going out the door.

    “Yes, we will.” I responded.

    Then she and Mr. Stonevalley went to join the celebration.

    “I’ll see you three there.” Mr. Stalker said heading for the door.

    Miss Snow hurried after him. “Wait Mr. Stalker.” She called after him.

    I could tell she was anxious to know what had occurred. Maybe Mr. Stalker would fill her in. I hoped. But she knew staying here and trying to get Mr. Black to fill her in wasn’t a good idea.

    “Well?” I asked, looking at the rather wild looking Mr. Black. I felt I should be filled in on what had happened to Michar.

    He smiled. I thought he looked very attractive, all wild like and savage. I pushed those sort of thoughts aside for now.

    There was a lot I wanted to know about. He hadn’t told me yet what had occurred in the Human World, what had kept Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People so long. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Michar. Would he be allowed back here to be with Miss Snow?

    But looking at Mr. Black I could see I wasn’t getting any answers now.

    “Your questions will have to wait, my sweet. We are going to put in an appearance at the celebration then come back here to take care of our business.”

    I didn’t like the sound of that. “I can’t leave the Wolf Children alone.”

    “Maple will be here any minute. I won’t keep her long from the celebrating.” replied Mr. Black.

     I heard Maple at the door.  Poor Maple. She had just been here watching our Wolf Children. I sighed. Was Mr. Black going to do like he said he was, teach me my place?

    “I am.”

    I looked at him. He was reading my thoughts yet again. I didn’t like that. I needed to keep up my barriers. I didn’t believe in thought invasion. I never did it.

    Mr. Black went to open the door for Maple. “You’re a great help to us Maple. We’ll only keep you a short while.” He said to her.

    She beamed at Mr. Black’s praise, him being the Pack Leader. “I’m pleased to be of help.”

    “Hopefully things will calm down soon so we won’t have to drag you away from your life so much.” I said, trying to put brightness into my voice.

    “It’s no problem at all Louise.” Maple glanced around. “Are the Wolf Children napping?”

    “They’re playing in Armand’s room.” I told her.

    “Good. You two go and enjoy the celebration. We Wolf People have much to be proud of. We have a wonderful Leader!” She beamed brightly at Mr. Black.

    Mr. Black nodded in acknowledgement of her compliment then took my hand. “Come, my sweet, let’s go.”

    The celebration was in full swing. Mr. Black was the focus of attention as the Pack congratulated their Pack Leader on his successful missions in the Human World and for rescuing Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People and lastly, for successfully dealing with the traitor.

     I watched the Pack honor their Pack Leader and I felt proud of Mr. Black. I felt proud I was Mr. Black’s Mate.

    But I worried about what was going to happen once we left the celebration.

    I feasted.

    Mr. Black feasted.

    We both stayed in our Human Forms.

    Many of the Pack were shape shifting to their Wolf Forms then back to their Human Forms.

    Once the Pack Members were done with honoring Mr. Black and we had feasted on the bloody, raw, freshly killed cubed meat Mr. Black took me by the hand.

    “Let’s go.” He said.

    We stood up from where we were sitting and he led me away.

    Once back at our home we thanked Maple who rushed off a second time to be with Mr. Brown and join in the celebration.

    Armand rushed from his fun and games with the twins to throw himself at Mr. Black.

    Mr. Black caught him up in his big hands and swung him through the air.

    Armand laughed with delight at this.

    “Daddy! Daddy!” Armand cried then screamed with laughter.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter crawled from Armand’s room then sat and watched their Wolf Brother and Wolf Dad.

    Miss Starfire clapped her hands and laughed. Mr. Hunter laughed too.

    Then Mr. Black set Armand on his feet.

    “How’s my Wolf Son?” Mr. Black asked him.

   “I’m good. We’ve been having fun.” He pointed to the twins.

   “That’s great.”  smiled Mr. Black.

    “Are you done doing Pack business?” Armand asked.

    “I am. For now, I am.”

    “Good. You’ll be home for awhile.”

    “Yup. I will be.”

    Armand gave his father a hug and went back to playing with Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire.

    Mr. Black looked at me.

    He looked so serious the smile that had been on my face evaporated. I felt nervous.

    “We need to talk now.” Mr. Black said to me.

    I nodded. I wanted to feel good that Michar hadn’t been killed because Mr. Black had done as I asked him to.

    I wanted to thank him. I wanted to tell him how wonderful I thought he was.  I wanted to tell him and show him how much I loved him.

    Instead I felt nervous, a bit afraid because I didn’t know what he was going to do to me to teach me my place.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mr. Black is a typical male, wanting to put Louise in her place. She has, however, stepped out of bounds in this Wolf People World so she must accept what ever he does. There isn't much she can do about it anyway.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is suspenseful. Wonder what Mr. Black is going to do to Louise.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like thid chapter i think it is very well written and I as well agree with Theresa. Leaves you hanging.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great ending leaving me hanging. Wonder what Mr. Black has to say to Louise. Also wondering if her questions will be answered.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

And so the suspense builds!
This has been fascinating the whole way through. I'm looking forward to reading more of this when it comes out. Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 16 Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 21 Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tina Kline