Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise struggles with her feelings about what to do or not to do about Michar and Miss Snow.

"

    When I walked into the house I came upon the scene of Mr. Black down on the floor playing with our Wolf Children. They were so engrossed in what ever game they were playing they didn’t even notice me right away.

    I smiled at the sight, a warm loving feeling flooding my body. This is my family and I love them!

    Then Mr. Black rolled over onto his side part way and looked up at me, a big welcoming smile on his face. “Well! There’s my Louise.”

    “Mama!” Armand said with a big welcoming smile on his face too.

    “Mama!” Both twins said simultaneously.

    There was no way I could possibly feel more welcome and loved in my own home than I did right at this moment.

    I desperately wished the problem of Michar and Miss Snow would instantly evaporate and be gone.

    I went and sat down on the floor beside them. “This all looks like a lot of fun going on here.”  I said.

    “We’re having a lot of fun.” Armand made one of his Wolf Shapes march across the floor making growling sounds for it as he did.

    Miss Starfire picked up a shape and tried to copy Armand’s actions and sounds with it.

    “Good girl.” I said to her.

    “Armand is a good teacher.” Mr. Black said.

    “I am.” Agreed Armand.

    “Yes you are.” I said. Then I kissed his cheek, then Miss Starfire’s and Mr. Hunter’s.

    Mr. Black stood up. He reached down a hand and I placed mine in it and he helped me to my feet.

    Still holding my hand he led me into the kitchen. “Would you like a small meal, my sweet?”

   That sounded nice. I was hungry and worried. A small meal would give me some energy to think more clearly about what to do in regards to Miss Snow and Michar.

    “Thank you. That would be nice.” I said sitting down at the kitchen table.

    I could hear the sounds of the village drifting through the open kitchen window. Sounds of Wolf People going about their daily lives.

    In the front room I could hear our beautiful Wolf Children at play. I was relieved they always played nicely. There was never any fighting of any kind with them.

    It was a miracle. But then maybe that was normal for Wolf Children brothers and sisters.

    There weren’t enough Wolf Children in the village to give me a feel for what was or wasn’t normal. And in my studies of all things Wolf People I didn’t recall learning anything about Wolf Children social behavior but I did remember coming across advice on how to properly rear them.

    Wolf Parents only gave glowing reports about their Wolf Children. Perhaps they were accurate because I could only give glowing reports for my Wolf Children. But then, they only had one Wolf Child to raise, I had three.

    As Mr. Black prepared me a quick meal of cubed raw freshly killed meat he kept glancing at me.

    I smiled at him when ever I caught him. It was forced smiles.  I wondered why he didn’t say what ever it was he was wanting to say.

    He set a small wooden bowl with cubed meat in it on the table before me along with a glass of fresh chilled water.

    Then he sat down at his usual place.

    “I can easily tell you’re upset about something.” He looked straight at me as he said this.

    I picked up a cube of raw meat and put it in my mouth and started chewing.

    Mr. Black watched me, waiting.

    I chewed as quickly as I could and swallowed.

    “Well…I am.” I said.

    “What about?”

    Now was my chance to say something about Michar’s new plight. Mr. Black had given me the perfect opening.

    But I hesitated, feeling nervous mentioning the situation when I didn’t know for sure if I should but I knew I somehow had to.

    “Well Louise?”

    I decided it was just best to say it and get it over with. I’d be able to truthfully tell Miss Snow and Pine I had.

    So I took a sip of cold water and just said it all in a rush.

    When I finally finished telling Mr. Black the whole story he sat there staring at me with a hard look in his off white eyes.

    Now it was my turn to wait. And I was very uncomfortable as I did so.

    Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were still occupied in the living room with their game. I was glad.

    Finally Mr. Black took a deep breath. “Do you think our Pack is responsible for Michar for some reason?”

    This wasn’t starting out too good, I thought. “No.” I said. “But still…”

    “But still what Louise?”

    “Michar already took his punishment from our Pack and Mr. Stonevalley’s Wolf People.”

    “We didn’t kill him. The Pack decided for Lesser Punishment. We are no longer involved.”

    “What about Miss Snow?”

    “What about her Louise?”

    “She’s a member of this Pack. We should do what we can to help her.”

    “Still trying to change Pack Traditions?”

    I let out a rush of air. “Michar doesn’t deserve to be killed by Miss Rose’s Pack. None of their Pack Members were killed as a result of him having brought humans into our world.”

    “Eat up.” Mr. Black said.

    And I did. And as I did Mr. Black watched me. I hated it when he watched me while I ate. But I didn’t say anything.

    I wondered what Miss Snow was thinking right now. She had faith in me and Mr. Black. I worried she’d be horribly disappointed in us.

    And I wondered if Michar was even still alive. Had the Pack holding him decapitated him already? Maybe we wouldn’t even have a chance to save him.

    I just worried.

    Mr. Black cleaned up after I was finished eating.

    I went into the living room and sat beside my playing Wolf Children wishing I could be as carefree as they with no worries what so ever.

    Mr. Black joined us shortly. I tried not to worry.

    But not worrying was so hard.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mr. Black can be so hot and cold and hard to figure out. He doesn't even seem to want to give it a second thought. I wonder what Michar's fate is going to be and how Miss. Snow is going to handle it if it is not a favorable fate. I also love the wolf children reading about them always make me smile. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Louise sure puts a lot on Mr. Black. How many times will he do what she wants? Just because he loves her doesn't mean he can disrupt the Pack every time she wants to rescue somebody. But what matters is how he feels.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise is in a tough position. Mr. Black is just a mystery. Who can tell what's going on with him. Great book.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black can be so hot and cold and hard to figure out. He doesn't even seem to want to give it a second thought. I wonder what Michar's fate is going to be and how Miss. Snow is going to handle it if it is not a favorable fate. I also love the wolf children reading about them always make me smile. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black doesn't seem to care much about Michar. I don't understand him. Sometimes he shows mercy, but at others I see him acting like the king of the world... It's a mystery to me.
Nice chapter overall. Looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

513 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 16 Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 30 Chapter 30

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline