Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise, Miss Snow and Pine realize its up to them to help Michar.

"

    It didn’t seem right but I didn’t know what to do to change the situation.

    Was Michar still alive? How could I even find out?

    I thought of Miss Rose. But quickly decided I didn’t want to contact her. No. No. I surely didn’t want to do that.

    A lot of hours had passed since Miss Snow, Pine and myself had discovered what had befallen Michar.

    After a restful sleep and a relaxing time with Armand, Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and me, Mr. Black had left to meet with Mr. Stalker, Mr. Forest, Mr. Grey and Mr. Brown to deal with Pack Business.

    I sat on the couch after putting Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter to bed for their naps.

    Armand didn’t take naps anymore. When he needed to sleep for awhile he just went to sleep where ever he was at.

    Then I thought of Cerise. I hadn’t seen her since Michar had received his Lesser Punishment.

    She had wanted us to get together. Maybe I should do just that, get together with her.

    Would she want to help rescue Michar from the Pack holding him? Would she really be willing to go against her Pack’s Traditions?

    Well, I thought, the only way to find out was to ask.

    Armand was playing with his shapes and glass like small stones on the living room floor.

    I watched him for a few minutes. I wanted to clear my mind so I could figure out what I needed to do next. Watching my Wolf Son helped. I could feel peace wrapping about me.

    I wanted to hold onto that peace, keep it with me always. I felt it soothing me, clearing my mind of its clutter.

    Then I sensed Miss Snow and Pine approaching my house.

     I sighed.

     Time to face reality and decide what to do next.

     Armand looked up at me suddenly. “Someone’s coming Mama.”

    “I’d better go answer the door then.” I got up off the couch and headed for the door.

    “It’s Miss Snow and Pine.” Armand told me.

    “Thank you Armand for letting me know.”

    Armand smiled, pleased with my praise of him.

    I opened the door as Miss Snow and Pine started up the steps.

    “Hi you two.” I greeted them.

    “Hi Louise.” Miss Snow said.

     I could see all sorts of questions smoldering in Miss Snow’s eyes as she looked at me.

    “Hi.” Greeted Pine.

    I stepped back so they could come in.

    “Hi Armand.” said Miss Snow.

    “Hi. Hi.” Pine said to him.

    “Hello Pine, Miss Snow.” said Armand.

    “Let’s go into the kitchen to talk.” I suggested as I shut the door.

    “Going to make adult talk?” Armand asked, a little bit of a wicked gleam in his silver blue eyes.

    “Yes we are Armand.” I said. “So you behave.”

    Armand frowned at me. “What Mama?”

    I ruffled his hair. “Never mind my beloved Wolf Son. I love you.”

    “I love you too Mama.” He said gathering up his shapes and rocks and putting them in a wooden box. He picked that up and carried it into his room.

    I heard him dumping the contents of the wooden box out onto the floor and smiled. “Keep your door open Armand.” I called.

    “Okay.” His voice drifted back out to me.

    “Okay.” I said to Miss Snow and Pine. “Let’s go.”

    We went into the kitchen. I got us each a glass of ice cold water and we sat around the kitchen table.

    “You talked to Mr. Black?”  Miss Snow asked.

    “I did.” I took a sip of water.

    “And?” Miss Snow asked anxiously.

    “He didn’t say he was willing to do anything, nor did he say he wouldn’t do anything.”

    Pine laughed a little. “He didn’t say much of anything.”

    “No.” I agreed. “He just talked, that’s all.”

    I looked at Miss Snow and sighed sadly. Just that fast her look of hope became a broken look.

    I reached out and took her hand. I wanted to suggest she forget about any ideas or hopes she had about being with Michar, that thinking of a future with him was only causing her pain and was that pain really worth it?

    But I didn’t say these things. I didn’t tell her I was sorry either, what good would that do? Not much, I didn’t think. Saying sorry for Mr. Black not promising to help would have just been useless talk.

    “Then we’ll have to save him on our own.” Pine stated.

    I looked at her a little surprised. And I was surprised too to see such a determined expression on her face. She was the one that usually held back in these sort of decision making situations.

    “We could try if we could think of something.” I said.

    I felt Miss Snow start to tremble where my hand was still on hers.  I felt really bad for her. Why did she ever have to get attached to Michar in the first place?

    More useless thoughts, I told myself, and pushed them away. She was attached to him and that’s just the way it was.

    “We must do something.” Miss Snow said in a choked teary voice.

    “I thought about contacting Cerise, Mate to Mr. Stonevalley, Pack Leader. You two remember Mr. Stonevalley and his Mate Cerise?”

    “I do.” Pine said. “You think she’d be interested in this?”

    “She might.” I said.

    “Contact her then.” said Miss Snow. “The longer it takes to try and rescue Michar the less likely he’ll still be alive.”

    I squeezed Miss Snow’s hand gently, hoping it was comforting to her. “I agree. The sooner the better.”

    “What about Mr. Black? What are you going to tell him?” Pine asked me.

    “Hmm. I’ll tell him the truth. That I want to be friends with Cerise if she wants to help. And that will be all and it will be the truth.” I said.

    “Sounds brilliant.” Said Pine with a smile.

    “It is. You won’t have to lie to your Mate or Pack Leader.” said Miss Snow, managing a weak smile.

    “Okay. Contacting Cerise is our first move and I’ll get on it now.”

    Doing something was much better than doing nothing, that was for sure.

 

   

  

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What will Louise, Miss Snow and Pine come up with? More trouble for themselves? It will be fun reading to find out!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Louise has a Big Problem. Hope she and her friends can save Michar.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wonder if Cerise will help them out. I think it's great that Pine is taking inititive and wants to help Michar. Another great chapter. (Sorry it took so long)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

When you stated that Armand goes to sleep where ever he's at, I imagined him just standing there than falling over... Made me laugh. lol.
Nice work as always. Keep up the good work, you're a fantastic writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 16 Chapter 16

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 30 Chapter 30

A Chapter by Tina Kline