Chapter 26

Chapter 26

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise, Miss Snow and Pine are thrilled when they learn Cerise is willing to help them in rescuing Michar.

"

     Being Mate to the Pack Leader I had no problem sending a Runner with a message to Mr. Stonevalley’s Wolf People Village for Cerise. I missed the telephone at this moment. It would have been so much easier.

    But that feeling didn’t last long. When I thought about it seriously, I didn’t really miss telephones. Truthfully I missed nothing from the Human World.

   Miss Snow, Pine and I sat on the porch waiting for a reply. Armand entertained Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter in the yard just beyond the porch.

    It was warm and sunny out. A breeze gently rustled the tree leaves. I noticed a couple of those huge predator birds circling over the village.

    They were vultures, Mr. Black had told me. Miss Snow and Pine had told me that before also.

    Still, I didn’t like them circling over the village. I still had visions in my mind of them sweeping down; clutching a helpless Wolf Child in their talons and sweeping back up into the air. The Wolf Child is screaming for his or her parents and all the Wolf People in the village are screaming at the predator bird!

    I shivered with the horror of that vision. I tried to push it out of my mind.

    All sorts of birds were singing in and around the village. I caught the tasty scent of deer on the breeze.

    It was peaceful right now. I wished it could always be this way.

    The sounds of Wolf People going about their lives in the village and going into the forest in their Wolf Forms and coming back out and turning back into their Human Forms was comforting to me. All this was the sound of home to me now.

    Sitting here with my friends and my Wolf Children was peaceful. But waiting for Cerise’s return message with the Runner was not at all peaceful. It created a very unpleasant nervous feeling in my stomach.

    “Think she’ll meet us at that clearing where our Pack and her Pack met a while back?” asked Pine.

    “I don’t know.” I said, turning my gaze from my Wolf Children back to the large circling vulture birds. I wished they’d go away.

    “She likes you.” said Miss Snow.

    I looked at Miss Snow. “Yes. She said she wanted us to get together. Let’s hope she meant it.”

    “Let’s hope she can get away.” said Pine.

    I was glad Mr. Black was still off doing Pack Business so we could talk so freely. He probably was settling some minor disputes between Pack Members.

    “I’m sure she can. Mates are more ornaments than substance.”

    Miss Snow and Pine both looked at me with startled expressions.

    I waved my hand as if dismissing what I had just said. “I’m not bitter or resentful, just hoping Cerise won’t be too busy to meet with us if she does want to.”

   Miss Snow gave a small doubtful smile as if she didn’t believe my not being bitter or resentful but didn’t say anything.

    Pine looked like she didn’t believe me either. Well, I wasn’t going to try and convince them. Worrying about whether Michar was still alive or not was enough for me to worry about right now.

    What I didn’t want to think about right now was what would happen to Miss Snow if Michar loses his head before we can rescue him. And I wanted to believe we would be able to rescue him.

    If Cerise were with us I believed our chances would be much better.

    I heard something rustling in the nearby underbrush.

    Armand was instantly alert, making a soft growling sound.

    The fragrance of a squirrel drifted toward us on the warm air.

    “Mama! I smell meat!” Armand exclaimed.

    “That’s right.” I said to him. “It’s a squirrel.”

    Suddenly the squirrel was running up the tree trunk of a young Broadleaf Maple.

    Armand leaped to his feet as if to give chase.

    The twins stopped what they were doing and watched him with wide, excited eyes.

    “Oh! Look at Armand the Hunter!” said Pine.

    I didn’t want Armand to be the Hunter at this moment in time. “Armand! Stop!” I said in a loud commanding voice quickly getting to my feet.

    Armand froze. Then he turned to look at me. He had a disappointed look on his face.

    I went to him and pulled him into my arms. I heard him make a sniffling sound. I hoped he wasn’t crying.

    “You’re not ready for that sort of hunting Armand.” I said softly and gently to him. “When you’re mature enough to shape shift into your Wolf Form then you will be.”

    “When will that be?”

    “It’s different for everyone. Some Wolf Children take longer than others.” I told him.

    “I want to be a hunter now!”

    I tilted his face up so I could see his eyes. “You’ll be a hunter Armand. You’ll be a hunter for a very long time. And you’ll be one of the best!”

    Armand looked up at me hopefully. “I know I have to be patient.” His silver blue eyes went to the leafy branches of the young Broadleaf Maple where the squirrel had disappeared into.

    “Be patient, yes. It will happen.” I assured him.

    “Okay Mama. I’ll hunt me a squirrel some other time.”

    I ruffled his hair and smiled as he went back to playing with the twins. I returned to the porch and sat back down.

    “I hope we don’t have to wait around much longer.” said Miss Snow.

   And as if her wish just got granted the Runner appeared from around the house.

    “Louise.” said the male Wolf Person. “I have an answer for you from Cerise, Mate to Mr. Stonevalley, Pack Leader.”

    “Yes?” I said, trying not to show too much excitement.

    The Runner handed me a folded soft deer hide. “Thank you.” I said to him as he turned to leave.

    Miss Snow and Pine were all but exploding with excitement, especially Miss Snow. I unfolded the hide and read what was written there. I had learned to read the written language of Wolf People fairly well by now.

    Miss Snow and Pine pushed in close so they too could read Cerise’s answer as well.

    She agreed to meet with us and very soon!

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh good Cerise agreed to meet. I hope she agrees to help save Michar. Louise has really transitioned from a human to a wolf. I like the interaction between her and Armand. Very loving and encouraging. Another wondeful chapter. Hope they will be able to save Michar. I look forward to reading more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

How wonderful Cerise is going to help. She'll end up being a good friend for Louise, I believe. A very fascinating world you've created for the Wolf People.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome book. I'm glad Cerise is going to help. Make saving Michar a lot easier.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh good Cerise agreed to meet. I hope she agrees to help save Michar. Louise has really transitioned from a human to a wolf. I like the interaction between her and Armand. Very loving and encouraging. Another wondeful chapter. Hope they will be able to save Michar. I look forward to reading more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love how they speak English but they don't write English... odd.
This is amazing as always. Very good attention to detail.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

544 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2010
Last Updated on January 22, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 15 Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 25 Chapter 25

A Chapter by Tina Kline