Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise, Miss Snow and Pine go to meet Cerise. And discover a surprise not so nice in their opinions.

"

  "Soon is now!" Exclaimed Miss Snow. "Let's go!"

   "We can't go just this second!" I said to her.

    "Why not? Cerise is going to be meeting us!" Miss Snow all but yelled.

    "Calm down Miss Snow." Said Pine.

    I pointed to my three Wolf Children. "I'm not just running off and leaving them sitting here with no one looking out for them!"

    "Oh. Sorry Louise. I'm not thinking clearly." Miss Snow said. "Ask Maple to watch them. I'll go ask her myself."

    When Miss Snow took a step to hurry off to do just that I caught her by her upper arm.

    "Wait a second Miss Snow! Slow down! I need to talk to Mr. Black before we go. After that I'll ask Maple if she is available to watch my Wolf Children. Why don't you and Pine watch them for me please while I go do both things?"

   "Of course Louise." Said Miss Snow.

    "We will Louise and Miss Snow calm down a little at least." Pine said.

    I hurried off to let Mr. Black know I was going to meet with Cerise if Maple could watch Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter. He knew I was still interested in being friends with her.

    That would result in our Pack being on friendly terms with Mr. Stonevalley's pack. And that went against Wolf People Traditions.

    Wolf People were very territorial and didn't interact with each other. Wolf People just kept a healthy and respectful distance from each other.

    It seemed change was happening here whether Mr. Black and any other Wolf People liked it or not.

    Mr. Black was in the main building of the village where Pack Business was done. Mr. Stalker and Mr. Grey were with him. There were several Pack Members present waiting for their turn to tell their problems to Mr. Black so they could be resolved.

    I waved to get his attention.

    Hello sweetie. Mr. Black spoke to me telepathically. What is it?

    I'm going to go meet with Cerise. Miss Snow and Pine are going with me.

    You two decided to be friends?

    We want to try. I'm going to ask Maple to watch our Wolf Children.

    Be off with you then sweetie. And enjoy your time with Cerise.

    I gave Mr. Black a wave goodbye and went to ask Maple if she could watch my Wolf Children.

    She was more than willing and we walked back to my house.

    "You know Louise I adore your Wolf Children. Such a pleasure they are. I'm honored to watch them."

    "I'm grateful for that Maple. It's nice knowing Mr. Black and I can always count on you."

    "You both can always count on me and Mr. Brown." She took my hand, squeezed it once, then let it go.

    When we reached my house Miss Snow and Pine were on the porch waiting for us.

    "Maple. Hi." Said Miss Snow.

    "Hi." Pine said too.

    "Hi you two." Maple smiled at them. "I'll just go in and be with the Wolf Children while you three go do what it is you need to do."

    "Thanks." Both Miss Snow and Pine said.

    "Thanks again Maple." I said to her.

    She waved a little wave then went in the house. I heard her greeting Armand and the twins. And I heard their cheerful greetings to her.

    I smiled a little wistfully as Miss Snow and Pine came to stand beside me.

    "Shall we go?" Asked Miss Snow.

    "Yes. Let's go. Cerise is most likely on her way by now." I said.

    We shape shifted into our Wolf Forms and ran into the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    The shrubbery seemed to actually part before me as I led the way. Not a single limb, leaf, or branch touched me as I went past. It was as if I was liquid and could move between anything with ease.

    The thrill of being Wolf and racing free like this never waned. The magic of even shape shifting was just like the first time. The heightened senses, the sensations of the wind slipping in between every hair on my body was still just as thrilling.

     And the exhilaration of just being free. I knew I'd never get tired of that!

     We raced to the meeting site with myself slightly in the lead, Miss Snow on one side, Pine on the other.

     I caught the heady scent of elk and fought for a moment or two the instinct to give chase. That would have to wait for another day.

     We neared the meeting site. It was the same clearing where Mr. Black, myself and several other Pack Members had first met Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and several of their Pack Members.

     I came to a halt, Miss Snow and Pine did the same. We shape shifted back to our Human Forms.

     I wish I could run as Wolf forever.” I commented.

     “It is a thrill.” Said Pine.

    “Some day we could run and run and run but not this day.” Miss Snow said.

     I knew her mind was on Michar. We were all thinking of him now.

     The clearing was just up ahead. I opened my senses wide to scan for possible trouble. And gasped a little in surprise.

    Miss Rose was here!

    “I can't believe it!” I growled.

     “What?” Both Miss Snow and Pine asked.

     Before I could answer Miss Rose emerged from a clump of dense underbrush.

    “What are you doing here?” Cried Miss Snow.

    Miss Rose looked Miss Snow up and down in a rather disdainful attitude. “Why, I'm here to help Louise rescue your Michar.”

     “Well, Miss Rose.” I said. “What can you do to help me accomplish his rescue?”

I knew Cerise was at the clearing and was watching this little event from a distance. I didn't like this at all.

     “I can get you into my village.” Miss Rose said.

     Suddenly I just didn't want to listen to Miss Rose. We weren't here to talk to her anyway.

     I strode purposely toward the clearing where Cerise was waiting. Miss Snow and Pine hurried to keep up with me.

     So did Miss Rose.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with Evan "Creepy lady's back." I wasn't expecting her to be there either. I had a feeling she'd be back but not at this point in time. I wonder what her motives are in helping them. Is she trying to get back into the pack or is she going to do something to get them caught. I'm not sure if she is trustworthy or not. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Miss Rose is back in the picture again! Can she really help, I'm wondering or will she just make more trouble?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What's Miss Rose up to? Awesome book!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Evan "Creepy lady's back." I wasn't expecting her to be there either. I had a feeling she'd be back but not at this point in time. I wonder what her motives are in helping them. Is she trying to get back into the pack or is she going to do something to get them caught. I'm not sure if she is trustworthy or not. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh great... Creepy lady's back again. I sure didn't see that coming... Well, I'm on to read the next installment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 15 Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by Tina Kline