Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise and her friends (along with Miss Rose) make plans to rescue Michar.

"

     I didn't want Miss Rose here. I didn't want her help in rescuing Michar. But I did realize I just might need her help for Miss Snow's sake.

    But I didn't have to talk to her. I hadn't gotten over my betrayed feelings regarding her.

    Cerise entered the clearing on the opposite side as we did. The purpose in that was to keep our status neutral. It was instinct for Wolf People when both Packs were meeting, to do it as equals so no one Pack dominated another. There were actually no Packs involved here but we still behaved as Wolf People meeting as equals from different Packs.

     Cerise smiled at me as she came to a halt in the center of the clearing. “Louise. It's so good to see you again.”

     “Cerise. It's good to see you too.” I came to a halt a couple feet in front of her.

Miss Snow, Pine and the very irritating Miss Rose kept back near the edge of the clearing.

     Cerise and I were Mates to the Pack Leaders and were dominate in this situation even if we were meeting as equals.

     “I was pleased to get your request to meet with me even though I realize you are needing my help with Michar.” Cerise said.

     “I hope you don't mind my asking for your assistance.” I said.

     “Of course I don't mind. Why don't we all sit together. I remember Miss Snow and Pine but I don't know who this other Wolf Person is.” Cerise said.

     I motioned for Miss Snow and Pine to come forward and we all sat in a loose circle, including Miss Rose.

     “Hi Cerise.” Said Pine as she sat down.

     “I'm so glad you're willing to help us.” Miss Snow said to Cerise.

     Cerise greeted Miss Snow and Pine. “I only hope there is something I can do.” Then she looked pointedly at Miss Rose. “And who might you be?”

     My not introducing Miss Rose indicated to Cerise she was not of my Pack nor was she here by invitation.

    Miss Rose looked a little uncomfortable. Did she really expect me to claim her, if not as a Pack Member, but as a friend?

    No way was I doing that.

    “I am Miss Rose. Michar is being held by my Pack with the intent to execute him for his crime of bringing Humans into our world to kill our People. I'm here to offer my help in his rescue.”

     Cerise looked Miss Rose over thoroughly. “I think I know you.” She took another minute or two to examine Miss Rose. “Yes I do. You were exiled from Louise's Pack a while back.”

     Now Miss Rose really looked upset. Her dark skin was suddenly flushed with scarlet with her embarrassment and perhaps shame.

    “That's in the past now.” Miss Rose said.

    “So it is.” Agreed Cerise. Then she turned her attention to me. “Miss Rose could be of help if we planned on sneaking into her village to rescue Michar.” She paused.

     “But we're not going to sneak in, are we?” I asked.

     “No.” Said Cerise.

     “Then how are we going to do this?” Pine wanted to know.

    “Rescuing him like that won't help him. He'll still be wanted. There are other Packs who might pick him up and threaten to execute him.” Cerise stated.

    “We can't keep rescuing him forever. We need to solve this permanently.” I said.

    “Louise is right.” Cerise said. “We have to make it known Michar is no longer a wanted Wolf Person, that he's taken his punishment and is no longer an outlaw.”

    “But how do we do that? Wolf People aren't keen on communicating with each other.” Miss Snow said.

    “Yeah. And this seems to be a situation where such communication is needed.” I said.

    Cerise looked at me and smiled warmly.

    “We're going to need to change Pack Traditions here for all Wolf People Packs.” She said.

    I made a soft groaning sound. This was going to be tough, I was afraid. How could we manage to do this with so little time. I wondered what Michar's status was. I turned to look at Miss Rose. She wasn't looking too happy but I wasn't happy I was going to have to ask her.

    “You've just come from your Pack Miss Rose. How is Michar?” I asked.

   “He's alive. He's being given little food or water. Why waste it on someone whose already dead is the attitude.” She said.

    Miss Snow made a little distressed sound.

    Pine let out a loud rush of air.

    Cerise looked kind of mad. I know I felt anger at hearing this. But I didn't say anything. It wasn't Miss Rose's fault.

    “Well, at least we know he is alive and we still have a chance to save him.” I said.

    “I'm thankful.” Said Miss Snow.

    “I am too but if we don't get him out of there right away he won't be alive long enough to change Pack Traditions.” Pointed out Pine.

    “Pine has a point.” I said. “So perhaps sneaking in and rescuing Michar should be our plan. We can change Pack Traditions after he's safe.” I said.

    “Hmm.” Said Cerise. “You're both right.” She looked at Miss Rose. “You say you can get us into your village?”

     Miss Rose's black eyes suddenly sparkled. She had just gotten what she wanted. She was included in the rescue now. I didn't mind. If she could get us in her village and lead us to Michar I'd sure tell her thank you.

    “Yes I can. I know where he is being held and I know I can lead you there without anyone noticing. He's already dead to my Pack's Eyes.”

    I growled.

    Miss Snow snarled.

    But it was Wolf People Traditions to view the condemned dead before they actually were physically dead.

    “Good.” Said Cerise. “Then that is what we shall do first. All agreed here?”

    “I agree.” I said.

    “So do I.” Said Pine.

    “I agree. Let's do this quickly.” Said Miss Snow.

    “Quickly but we must have a plan.” Said Cerise.

    So we huddled together to work out the plan on slipping in, rescuing Michar and getting out again, hopefully without being noticed.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't know why but I kind of feel bad for Miss Rose. She's kind of sad and pathetic. I'm not sure what to make of her anymore. Wondering if she will help or wind up causing problems. I like the fact that they don't plan on just jumping in and rescuing him they realize that's not enough, However changing pack traditions will not make Mr. Black happy. Can't wait to see what will happen next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The Great Rescue! I'm reading onward to see how this ends up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope they come up with a great plan that works!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Quite a tense moment in their world. Rescuing Michar from Miss Rose' pack will not be an easy task... But with the right plan, I think it can be done.
Looking forward to more of your story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I don't know why but I kind of feel bad for Miss Rose. She's kind of sad and pathetic. I'm not sure what to make of her anymore. Wondering if she will help or wind up causing problems. I like the fact that they don't plan on just jumping in and rescuing him they realize that's not enough, However changing pack traditions will not make Mr. Black happy. Can't wait to see what will happen next.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

522 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 19 Chapter 19

A Chapter by Tina Kline