Chapter 29

Chapter 29

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise and her friends (along with Miss Rose) come up with a plan to rescue Michar.

"

      We developed what I thought was the best possible plan to rescue Michar under the circumstances. And once we had Michar safely out of there we'd worry about changing all the Pack's Traditions so this sort of thing never happened again to any Wolf Person.

      “We'll head to my village. We should get there just as my Pack Leader has his meeting with the whole Pack. He does this on a regular basis.” Said Miss Rose.

     “And you're sure he will be doing this shortly? For sure?” I asked.

     “Positive.” Said Miss Rose.

     I looked at her. She was staring at me out of her black eyes. For once she didn't get that hungry look.

     I wondered if I should trust her. I wondered if I should. One glance at Miss Snow, seeing her hopeful and excited look told me that I had to trust Miss Rose and hope for the best.

     “We need to go.” urged Cerise. “We need to get this done now if we're going to do it.”

     “Oh, we're going to.” said Miss Snow.

     I took a deep breath. “Okay. We go in our Wolf Forms. You lead the way Miss Rose.”

     “Hold on.” said a very male voice.

     I froze! I heard several gasps from the others. I heard Miss Rose cry out in fear and knew she fled in the next instant.

     I couldn't believe it! I just couldn't believe it! It was Mr. Black.

     And he wasn't alone. Mr. Stalker was with him as well as Mr. Stonevalley and another of his Wolf People.

     I turned around slowly to face Mr. Black. I looked at his face and got another shock. He wasn't wearing the look I was expecting.

     He looked amused. So did Mr. Stalker, Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf Person. Amused!

    “Well, Louise, what little scheme are you working on here to try to change Pack Tradition?”

     I tried to say something but I was so shocked I couldn't form any words.

     Mr. Black chuckled. His off white eyes sparkled with his amusement.

     Mr. Stonevalley gently pulled Cerise off a ways and they started their own little discussion.

     “What's going on Mr. Black?” Miss Snow asked. “Why are you here?”

     “I'm asking you three that.” Mr. Black said.

     Mr. Stalker and the other Wolf Person stood a ways off, watching but not interfering.

     Mr. Black looked at me, Miss Snow and then Pine. “Well?”

     I didn't know what to say. I felt trapped again. How would he react if I told him why we were here and what we were planning to do?

     Mr. Black crossed his arms over his chest, a smile on his face.

     I just didn't know what to make of his behavior. What was so amusing to him? If he knew what we were planning I knew he'd be angry.

     I glanced over to where Mr. Stonevalley and Cerise were. I could see that they were having a very intense conversation but neither of them looked upset or angry.

     I didn't want to tell him, not at all. I glanced at Miss Snow. She was starting to look worried. A quick glance to Pine told me she was concerned as well.

     Poor Miss Snow. Poor Michar. This whole thing just wasn't working out for them.

Would they ever have a chance to be Mates? I was seriously starting to not think so.

     Suddenly Mr. Black threw back his head and started laughing!

     I was stunned. I felt a little bit of anger ignite in me and felt it start to chase away my fear of Mr. Black's anger at my actions.

     “What? What? What are you laughing about?” I yelled.

     Mr. Black just started laughing all the harder.

     I looked to where Mr. Stonevalley and Cerise were having their conversation and was a little surprised to see they were gone.

     They must have left to return to their village. The other Wolf Person with them was gone as well.

     Mr. Black stopped laughing. “Alright Louise, Miss Snow and Pine, time to go back to the Village. Now.”

     Miss Snow gave a small strangled cry. Mr. Stalker came and stood beside her.

     “Come along Miss Snow. Everything will be fine.” Mr. Stalker said to her.

     “No! No everything will not be fine!” She snarled.

      I was a little taken aback by her violent response but not surprised. I knew I had to say something to Mr. Black. I wondered why things kept going wrong with Michar.

      I took a deep breath.

     “Come along Miss Snow. We're all friends here. Everything will be alright.” Mr. Stalker said to her softly.

     “Wait Mr. Stalker.” said Pine. “You don't know that.”

     “I have something to say.” I blurted out in a rush. “It's important. I need to say it now.”

     Mr. Black chuckled. “What, my sweet? What could you possibly have to say that can't wait until we get home. Home to Armand, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter. Home to our bed. Remember how much you enjoyed my last lesson?”

     I gasped. “Mr. Black!”

     I heard Pine make an angry sound.

     Mr. Black took me by my upper arm.”Come along Louise. Don't try to be what you are not.”

     “You need to listen to me!”

     “No. I do not need to listen to you.” Mr. Black said. He started pulling me along.

     “Please!” I cried.

     He shook me a little. “Stop! Behave like a Mate to the Pack Leader should!” His voice was hard.

     I looked wildly around until I spotted Miss Snow. Mr. Stalker had managed to get her to walk a short distance away with him. They were having a very animated conversation. Miss Snow was crying, her hands covering her mouth.

     Pine, I noticed, was already gone.

     I felt tears come to my eyes. I knew then Michar was a goner. I had failed. Mr. Black seemed to always know when to show up, like he could tell what I was doing even when he was no where near.

     “You're not going to listen?”

     “Come home now.”

     I didn't have any fight left.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mr. Black's hostility doesn't surprise me one bit. He doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything but his own damn pleasure of being a dominant male. He's like... Joseph Stalin in a way. He acted like the all powerful leader that he wasn't and he realized that much too late... And paid for it.
Excellent story so far.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Mr. Black shows up just in time, in his opinion, so once again Louise is frustrated in what she wants to do, that is rescue Michar. All hope is lost for him this time around, it seems.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black getting in the way. Wonder what's going to happen to Michar now? Lose his head perhaps?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't believe Mr. Black said that. Wasn't expecting him to embarrass Louise in that way. Wondering what will be the fate of Michar since Mr. Black seems to not care one bit about him or Miss Snow. Just when I was starting to like him. Hopefully he'll redeem himself.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Black's hostility doesn't surprise me one bit. He doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything but his own damn pleasure of being a dominant male. He's like... Joseph Stalin in a way. He acted like the all powerful leader that he wasn't and he realized that much too late... And paid for it.
Excellent story so far.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting. Could feel the irritation, frustration, and desperation here. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

492 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 25 Chapter 25

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 31 Chapter 31

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Tina Kline