Chapter 32

Chapter 32

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Louise is more confused than ever and longing for life to be okay.

"

    I wasn't in the mood for company. I just wanted the world outside my house here to just fade away for awhile.

     But it was obvious it wasn't going to be that way.

     I heard voices outside. Voices I recognized. I sighed.

     It was Mr. Stalker and Pine.

     Well at least Miss Snow wasn't visiting. Then I felt a sick feeling spread in my stomach. I didn't like thinking that way about her, dreading encountering her for the first time since my failure in rescuing Michar. I really did care for Miss Snow and I was concerned for her.

     Mr. Black opened the door. “Hello. Hello. Come in.”

     “Hi Mr. Black.” said Pine.

     “Mr. Black.” Mr. Stalker said.

     Mr. Black stood back while holding the door open so they could enter.

     They both stepped in and saw me sitting on the couch.

    “Louise.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “Hi Mr. Stalker. Hi Pine.” I said, putting a false smile on my face. It wasn't that I was displeased to see them, it was just that I wasn't in no where near a good mood all of a sudden.

     “Hi Louise.” Pine plopped down beside me on the couch. She looked at me and smiled.

     Her smile looked like the real thing, I thought. Why did she look so happy? Had she really already gotten over our failure to help Miss Snow?

     As for Michar, I figured he had lost his head by now. I forced that thought away. I just didn't want to think about it.

     I turned my attention to Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker.

     “Let's talk in the kitchen.” Mr. Black said.

     “Sounds good.” agreed Mr. Stalker.

     I watched them as they entered the kitchen. I turned to look at Pine. She was watching them too.

     When she realized I was looking at her she flashed me a pleased smile.

     “How's Miss Snow holding up?” I decided that was a good first question to ask, assuming she knew.

     “She's okay.”

     “She's okay?” I somehow doubted it. “Be honest Pine.”

     “I am. She is doing okay.”

     “Oh. I can't believe she's not upset about losing Michar permanently.”

     “Well, you know how it goes.” Pine said.

     “No, I don't know how it goes.”

      I could hear Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker softly in the kitchen. Pack Business, I thought, life just goes on. It stops for no one.

     I took a deep breath. “I at least thought Miss Snow would be in deep mourning for Michar.”

     “Well, Louise. Miss Snow is doing okay.” Insisted Pine.

     I felt a surge of irritation that she kept repeating that.

     “So what happened Pine? Did she get some kind of powerful herb that's knocked her out or is making her high?” I asked sarcastically.

     Wolf People used herbs in celebrations sometimes but it wasn't a common practice and they never used them in the manner I just asked Pine about. I was just upset and reversed to my former human thinking.

     “High?” asked Pine.

     “Making her happy, in a good mood. You know, the effects of eating a herb of some sort.”

     I could tell Pine didn't have any idea what I was talking about. My sarcasm was totally lost on her.

     Pine just looked at me. “She's eaten no herb.”

     I sighed. With Mr. Black's obvious good mood yesterday and Pine acting like nothing big had happened I was wondering if I was suffering from some sort of madness or perhaps an emotional breakdown from all the stress lately.

     I got up and paced about the room. “Since Mr. Black is now busy with Pack Business I think I should go see Miss Snow. Talk to her myself to see how she is doing.” I looked at Pine.

     I was rather expecting her to offer to go with me. Instead she just sat there watching me and saying nothing.

     I thought I had lost my mind.

     “Okay, I'll go alone then but I hope you're not planning on remaining in my home and sitting on my couch after I've left the house.”

    “Miss Snow is fine. She needs no visitors right now. She's with her Wolf Family.”

     “She has a Wolf Family? She was turned, like I was, not a born Wolf Person. Plus she has no Mate.” I said.

     “She's with the one who turned her and several other Wolf People. They consider each other as family.” Pine explained.

     That was all new to me. Miss Snow had never mentioned this 'family' to me but I couldn't think on it now. I paced a couple minutes in silence. Mr. Black's and Mr. Stalker's voices drifted out from the kitchen. I didn't want to know what they were discussing so I continued to block out their words.

     “Would they really mind my seeing Miss Snow? They know we're friends.”

     Pine stood up and walked to the door and looked out the window beside it.

     It was warm and dark outside. The silver blue moon was riding high and full in the dark sky. The silver blue splash it cast down to the world below bathing everything in its soft luminous shine created lovely and beautiful moon shadows everywhere.

I could hear a pack of coyotes singing nearby and it created a longing in me for peace and restfulness.

     I just wanted my life here to somehow become okay.

     Just as soon as I decided I didn't really care if Pine stayed or not I headed for the door. I was going to go visit Miss Snow, see for myself how she was. I didn't care if anyone didn't want me to. Mr. Black was here, he could watch our Wolf Children while I was gone.

     That was the moment Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker emerged from the kitchen.

     “Going somewhere Louise?” Mr. Black asked.

     I jerked my hand back from opening the door when I heard his voice. I turned around to face him.

     “Yes.” I answered. “I'm going to go see Miss Snow. She needs the support of her friends right now.” I cast a dark look at Pine who seemed not to really care about Miss Snow anymore.

     “I think that can wait.” said Mr. Black.

     “Why?” I tried to fight my growing anger at him and at how everything had gone so wrong because of him.

     “Stay with our Wolf Children. Mr. Stalker and I have something important we need to do. Maple is not available to watch them this once.”

     I didn't like this at all. I opened my mouth to protest but Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker went by me and out the door.

     I shut the door after them and turned my angry gaze upon Pine.

     And all she did was smile sweetly at me.




© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very confusing situation. What is going on? Fascinating story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think something is up to!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm just as confused as Louise. Miss Snow has a family? Pine is acting strange. Where is Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker going? So many questions. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I think Miss Pine is mentally unstable... Like she's been taking some 'herb' herself.
Fantastic as always! I look forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

513 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2010
Last Updated on February 3, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 15 Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by Tina Kline