THE VAMPIRE BISHOP

THE VAMPIRE BISHOP

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A vampire tale.

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of THE VAMPIRE BISHOP.



    The vampire Bishop watched the mortal woman with hungry emotionless eyes. He was perched on the roof of a one level building that housed a ‘we make you bake’ pizza place and a tiny convenience store that mainly sold candy, cigarettes, alcohol and tickets to various state and local lottery games.

    The mortal woman wasn’t visiting either of these establishments; she kept on walking by, her dress boots clicking loudly on the sidewalk.

    The vampire Bishop followed her along the roof top until he came to the end. The sun was setting, creating long shadows and he slipped from the building’s roof top and drifted to the parking lot on the side of the building. The deep shadows there concealed him from any humans seeing him.

    The sounds of the woman’s boots hitting the pavement as she continued along the sidewalk were loud to the vampire Bishop’s ears.

     He came around the side of the building and started following her, taking her scent deep into him. He took several deep breaths and sighed, her scent was salty sweet and so tasty.

    The vampire Bishop would be able to track her anywhere in the world now, no matter how large or small the city was.

    The mortal woman came to a cross walk with a ‘no walk’ signal. The vampire Bishop glided along the sidewalk until he reached her.

    The cross light still said ‘no walk’ and the vampire Bishop came to a halt beside her.

    He turned his head to look her up and down and smiled. “Hello there.” He said.

    She jumped and turned, looking at him. She looked him up and down then looked at his face.

    The vampire Bishop’s yellow eyes met hers. He kept his smile in place and watched her closely.

    He saw the fear come into her eyes. He saw her stiffen with that same fear.

    The cross light changed to ‘walk’ but she didn’t notice.

    She had looked a little too long into the vampire Bishop’s eyes and he took captive her will at that moment.

   She was almost his now.

   “Hello.” The vampire Bishop said again. “Take my hand.” He reached his hand out to her.

    Trembling now she placed her hand in his.

    She was warm, very human warm. Her human warm hand just about scalded his cold hand, his cold as the dead hand.

    The vampire Bishop hissed with the pain of it.

    She wanted to yank her hand out of his, his hand that felt like a dead person’s hand to her.

    But she couldn’t. She was held captive by him. His vampire will had taken her mortal will captive.

    “You’re coming along with me.” He led her across the street. After walking a couple city blocks they came to a public parking garage. He waved to the parking attendant as he went to his car.

    The sun was so far down that the many tall city buildings blocked out the sun causing it to look night dark in the artificial canyons below where the city streets were. These city streets were currently flooded with mortals on their way home after putting in a days work.

    But none of this mattered to the vampire Bishop. He unlocked his car and helped the woman into the front passenger seat.

    He got in the driver’s side, started up his car and drove out of the public parking garage.

    He drove out of the city into one of the neighborhoods. The woman sat rigid in her seat, her mind wanting to rebel but she was unable to do so. The vampire Bishop still had complete control of her will.

    He could smell her fear and panic and thought it something wonderful. Sweet and tasty like he was sure her blood would be.

    The vampire Bishop couldn’t get to his home fast enough. He fought the powerful and overwhelming impulse to pull his car over, park it at a curb and take her in the car.

   But he could wait, he was almost home now. Her scent was so intoxicating that it was making him nearly mad with his desire to take her. This distraction nearly caused him to drive his car into the closed garage door.

    “F**k.” He muttered as he used his garage door opener with a shaky hand.

    The woman sat beside him still with no will of her own.

    He drove his car into the garage and closed the door behind him with the little device.

    The vampire Bishop sighed with relief now that he was safely behind the walls of his home. Now he could have his treat that he’d picked up while out and about.

    He opened the car door, grabbed his treat by her arm and dragged her across the driver’s side of the car and out the door.

    She fell to the cold cement garage floor and cried out. He yanked her up to her feet.

    “Come on my sweet tasty treat.” The vampire Bishop said as he pulled her through the door that went from his garage into his house. He kept on going until he had her in his 2nd floor bedroom.

    He shoved her down on the bed and stood there looking at her as she stared up at him.

    The look in her eyes was one of pure terror. The vampire Bishop relished the sight for several minutes before finally yanking her to her feet.

    “Take off your clothes.”

    She undressed. She could not fight him. In a couple minutes she stood naked before him.

   A nice, tasty, female body. Nice and curvy. He didn’t like them bony the way the media tried to brainwash everyone a woman was suppose to be.

    He bet most mortal men wanted women with flesh on their bodies, not bony and unhealthy looking women.

    The vampire Bishop feasted on his treat with his eyes. When he couldn’t hold back any longer he struck.

    He had her on her back on the bed, his fangs embedded deep in her throat, gulping down her blood.

    She screamed but couldn’t struggle; she had no choice but to surrender to the vampire making her his meal.

    So tasty, so damn good, God this mortal is the best I’ve had in a long time.

    The vampire Bishop enjoyed his treat to its fullest. He finished it all, not leaving one drop of blood. He didn’t believe in wasting his food.

© 2010 Tina Kline


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114


Featured Review

Wow, this is amazing and chilling. Knowing this vampire sees humans just as food or just a crimson (blood) treat is deeply disturbing. How helpless we humans are really. What could his soon to be treat do to saver herself from this perfect human predator. Nothing. This vampire isn't out falling in love or feeling guilty for hunting humans. He know what he is and doesn't regret it or feel sorry for his poor meals. No. Here is a true and real vampire, the perfect predator for he passes as human and no one thinking anything about him as he passes amongst them. I love your story here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks much!



Reviews

A very entertaining read. No, this isn't a nice vampire at all. He's hungry for a treat and a nice female human will hit the spot nicely. This vampire is how they are suppose to be...once upon a time anyway.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very dark and sinister poem. Awesome and delicious in a hellish sort of way. To be seen as only food for this vampire..not your lovable cuddly types that feel guilty for taking what they need to survive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful re-write of this story. The tension and dark menace in this is overwhelming and the helplessness of his victim profound. She can do nothing but surrender her life to the predator. His treat. That's all she is, is food. I enjoyed this a lot!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks!
Wow, this is amazing and chilling. Knowing this vampire sees humans just as food or just a crimson (blood) treat is deeply disturbing. How helpless we humans are really. What could his soon to be treat do to saver herself from this perfect human predator. Nothing. This vampire isn't out falling in love or feeling guilty for hunting humans. He know what he is and doesn't regret it or feel sorry for his poor meals. No. Here is a true and real vampire, the perfect predator for he passes as human and no one thinking anything about him as he passes amongst them. I love your story here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks much!
A dark breeze holding a chill flows through this. Excellent horror write. Cool revisions. Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Eric Cox

10 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
oh wow so good I like it will there be more

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks!
Great vampire tale. Excellent pen on this horror write.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You paint with your words the picture of the perfect predator preying on humankind. This is truly wonderful. Sinister, spooky and wonderful.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe! A hungry vampire stalking and then bringing down his prey. Just like a predator. I like the way you wrote this.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good vampire story

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010
Tags: vampire, vampires, immortal, undead

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..