DEATH'S DARK KISS

DEATH'S DARK KISS

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A vampyre tale.

"

 

     Surie was hungry. She had been hungry since she woke but she understood it was because she was a newborn vampyre. The night was luminous with moonshine and so nicely warm. Crickets chirped, coyotes sang in the distance, owls hooted from their lofty perches in nearby trees and night birds called back and forth with their sharp haunting cries.

    Surie walked to the open door of the mansion and looked out. She had spent lots of time here before she had become a vampyre but now it was her home too. She could easily see all the way down the mountainside to the valley below where the town sat, the town she used to live in. It was all lit up like a Christmas tree or Christmas gift, she thought.

   As she stood in the open doorway the warm night wind molded her white silky gown to her slender body and billowed outward her silky white robe. She tilted her head back and let the warm wind play with her long dark hair. The warm night air was heavy with the scent of human blood and she smiled, eagerly anticipating her first kill and taste of human blood. Her white fangs glistened sharply in the full moon’s light.

    “You’re awake, my love.” said Kalyie, her companion. Kalyie was also dressed in a long white silky gown and filmy almost transparent robe. She padded in her bare feet across the stone floor to stand behind Surie. She put her arms around Surie in a hug and pulled her back against her body.

    “I’m awake and I’m hungry. So hungry it’s like fire in my stomach.”

    “Kalyie laughed softly, gently. “You knew it would be this way. Don’t worry. Remember I explained what it was like to be a vampyre. This burning hunger will last a few years but will gradually fade, my sweet.”

    “Yes, I remember our long talks about the life of a vampyre, your life in particular.” Surie said. “And now I’m a vampyre too.” She smiled when she said that.

    “And I’m glad. You’re a new born Surie. Give yourself time to adjust to your new nature. You have lots of time now, you know.”

    Surie turned in Kalyie’s arms and they kissed, a soft tender and loving kiss. When they parted Kalyie said, “We will hunt.” Her eyes went to the town in the valley so brightly lit below in the night.

    Surie turned back around to look too. “There’s lots of blood down there.”

    “Yes there is.”

    “I’m so hungry but I’m kind of nervous too. This is my first time hunting.”

    Kalyie took her lover by the hand. “I will teach you all you need to know but most of it comes naturally, vampyre instinct, you’ll see. You are no longer human. You won’t have any trouble feeding on them. Just remember how blood thirsty and violent humans are to all animals and to their own kind as well. Remember what he did to you Surie.”

    Surie’s face went dark and tragic then crumbled with her grief, “I loved him and he killed me. You saved me.”

    “I did because I love you. He didn’t love you. He lied.”

    “Yes he did.” Suddenly Surie was smiling again as she turned to her lover. “I want him as my first meal.”

    Kalyie laughed, a beautiful sound. The wind blew her long wavy dark hair off her shoulders. Surie stared, thinking how beautiful Kalyie was, how she’d always thought that. But seeing Kalyie now through her vampire eyes she thought her lover even more beautiful if that were possible.

    “Come on.” Kalyie took Surie by the hand and together they stepped out the door onto the balcony that wrapped around the mansion.  The night was alive all about them. The coyotes sang, the night birds called, they could hear the swish of wind through the many trees around the mansion and they could hear the babbling of the brook that meandered through the forest below the mansion. And always on the air was the thick heavy scent of human blood.

   Kalyie led Surie to the edge of the balcony. “Keep a hold of my hand and when I say jump, jump.”

    “Are we going to fly?” Surie asked with excitement.

    “Yes. All the way down to the town.”

    “Okay!”

    “One. Two. Three. Jump!” Kalyie jumped and so did Surie.

    They easily rose into the air, moved over the balcony’s wrought iron railing and climbed even higher up into the night moonlit air.  Surie giggled, thrilled at her first experience of vampyre flight.

    “Hold on. You’re a new born. You need help with vampyre flight for a while.”

    Surie held on tight and they flew upright, side by side, toward the town. The closer they got the stronger the scent of human blood became. Along with the stronger scent came the sound of many human heartbeats. Surie was sure she was starving. Her mouth watered at the stronger scent of human blood. Her stomach cramped painfully with her need.

    “Almost there, my love.” Kalyie told her.

    “I’m just sooooo hungry. Are we going to his house first?”

    “Yes, my love. You can have him as your first meal. He will be your blood initiation into your new life as a vampyre since he so happily ended your life as a human being.”

    Surie smiled. They were almost to his house. She couldn’t wait to get her revenge on him for killing her in a fit of jealous rage. Jealous because he had seen herself and Kalyie together. He had no right to be angry; she hadn’t been with a man. But he really had no right to murder her at all.

    They came to a landing on the roof of the back porch of his house. A few steps took them to the open window above the roof.

    “Easy.” Kalyie said softly.

    “Yes!” Surie was shaking with her eagerness and excitement. Their white silky gowns were clinging to their bodies, pressed there by the warm night wind while their white robes billowed out about them.

    Kalyie pulled out the screen then easily slipped through the window. Surie followed right behind. They found themselves in a short hall in the upstairs of the house. Surie knew where to find him. She had spent a lot of time in this house with him.

    She pushed away the happy memories she had of her years loving him. All that happiness had been wiped out when he murdered her in a fit of jealous rage with his own hands, slowly choking the life out of her. She had begged him to stop until she couldn’t get any air into her lungs to continue begging. She had clawed uselessly at his hands to get them from around her neck. She had stared into his cold, emotionless eyes as she died.

    With a strangled cry at these memories she rushed to his bedroom and flung open the door. Kalyie followed behind her. Surie leaped across the room, marveling a moment at her new vampire skills, and landed on the bed and slapped him awake.

    “What the f**k?” he cried as he stared up at her. “Are you real?”

    “As real as you, baby.” She hissed.

    “You’re dead. I killed you. How can you be here?”

    “I’m alive now, baby.”

    “What are you?” He wasn’t afraid, just mystified.

    “The Grim Reaper come for your soul.” Surie smiled, showing him her fangs.

    “Hell!” He shouted, feeling fear now. He moved to buck her off but she was too quick.

    “Die b*****d. You won’t be coming back like I did!” She gripped him in her powerful hands and struck, serpent like, sinking her fangs into his throat.

    He screamed and she happily drank his blood, loving the glorious feeling as his life blood left his body and entered hers, easing her hunger and giving her the sensation of unbelievable power surging through her body. Her very nerve endings were sizzling with life and energy. She knew she’d have no problems feeding at all. The feelings she was experiencing were pure ecstasy. She continued pulling his blood from his body and swallowing it into hers. She was determined to drink every last drop of his wonderful and very tasty blood.

    He died. Surie withdrew her fangs and got up off the bed. She turned to Kalyie and smiled, wiping some of the blood from her mouth and face. “I’m ready to live now as a vampyre with you. I love you.”

    “I love you.” Kalyie kissed Surie on the mouth, and then licked away all traces of blood from her mouth and face. “Come on. I want to feed then we can go back to the mansion and start our immortal lives together.”

    Smiling and giggling they left the house and flew away into the warm moonlit night.

© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now ya know, if a woman scorned could have this kind of
revenge, there would be none of this craziness in the world! lol
Of course, I enjoyed the read. I'm glad she got her revenge on
that jerk!! I'm glad he saw her before she sucked him dry.
Uh, can I say that on the Cafe? lol Sounded kinda x-rated hehe.
Anyways, thanks for a entertaining read, vampire style!

Posted 13 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Fantastic vampire story. Love the beauty in this, love how she gets her revenge of that awful murderer. He got what he deserved. He went way to far in his anger. But these two lovely vampire ladies will be very happy together for eternity.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Of course, anything vampyre peaks my interest, but this time with good reason. Surie and Kaylie have such an intensity that is rare to find in this genre anymore. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic vampire write. Very erotic on yet not graphic. I'm glad she got revenge, he had no justification in killing her. Like how you described her remembering looking into her one time lover in his cold emotionless eyes as he killed her. Over all, I love this awesome story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very cool vampire story. A romantic tale with Surie's tragic death, revenge, and life as a new vampire, very cool. Awesome pen on this tale.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

WOW simply outstanding! I really enjoyed this write. I think it's amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

awesome vamp story ... kind of dark and steamy at the same time ... overall a very enjoyable read ... spooktacular job on this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Now ya know, if a woman scorned could have this kind of
revenge, there would be none of this craziness in the world! lol
Of course, I enjoyed the read. I'm glad she got her revenge on
that jerk!! I'm glad he saw her before she sucked him dry.
Uh, can I say that on the Cafe? lol Sounded kinda x-rated hehe.
Anyways, thanks for a entertaining read, vampire style!

Posted 13 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 6, 2011
Tags: vampire, vampires, immortal, undead

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Oh, Yes Oh, Yes

A Poem by TamiViolet