DOES GOD LOVE EVERYBODY?

DOES GOD LOVE EVERYBODY?

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A vampire and werewolf debate this question.

"

 

     “God doesn’t love everyone. S**t, you think God loves us?” The werewolf said in a sarcastic voice.

    The vampire looked at him. “Of course God loves you.”

    They were sitting beneath a Silver Maple tree on a warm summer night with the full moon overhead. Little brown bats darted back and forth catching insects. In the distance came the sound of a barking dog. They were in a rural forested area with no human habitation in the immediate area.

    The werewolf laughed, slapping a hand on his thigh. He was sitting with his legs crossed facing the vampire. His hair was long and he had a dark five o’clock shadow on his face. His clothes were worn looking and he wore no shoes. He was very scruffy looking but clean.

    The vampire on the other hand was much more sophisticated looking. He wore a button down red shirt and pressed dove grey slacks and shiny black shoes. His long white hair was obviously combed and like all vampires he was thin and very pale.

     “We’re monsters, creatures from Hell.” The werewolf said. He pointed to the bible the vampire was holding. “That ain't gonna do you no good. You’ve murdered just like I have.” The werewolf sneered and his eyes narrowed as he continued looking at the bible. “There is no forgiveness for willfully murdering like we do.”

    The vampire smiled, exposing the tips of his fangs. “You’re wrong. We both can survive without killing. Believe, have faith and ask for forgiveness and kill no more. You will be forgiven.” He patted his bible. “It says right here God loves everyone.” He flipped open the bible and read a verse from it. “John 3:16…For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”*

    The werewolf snorted in scorn.

    The vampire stared at him, “Don’t you believe?”

    “Me?” the werewolf asked pointing to himself.

    “Yes, you. Did you believe before you became a werewolf?”

    “I don’t even remember when I was a human.”

    “I don’t believe you. Now, do you believe in God?” The vampire asked.

    The werewolf refused to look the vampire in the eye. He watched the bats hunting insects in the air around the Silver Maple tree. Then he said, “I believe in Satan and Hell so I have to believe in God and Jesus and Heaven but I don’t at all believe God will forgive me. I am a creature of the damned, of Hell. I am forsaken.”

    “We are not creatures of Hell. We are not Satan’s spawn and you can be forgiven. Just turn to God and ask for his forgiveness and sin no more. You don’t have to kill, you can survive without killing. Vampires and werewolves both can.” The vampire said. He read from his bible again, “John 3:17…For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”* The vampire looked at the werewolf again. “So we can be saved. All of us. Not just some. All those who turn to God and Jesus with true belief.”

    The werewolf glared at him now. “God, nor Jesus, have a place for us, vampires or werewolves, in Heaven.”

    “Where does it say that there is no place for us if we truly believe?”

    The werewolf growled, “You’re nuts vampire. You’re looking for redemption or salvation but there isn’t any for you. Get that into your undead brain!”

    The vampire didn’t take kindly to the undead remark made by the werewolf but instead of responding to it he read more from his bible, “John 3:18…listen to this…He who believe in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. Verse 3:19…And this is the condemnation, the Light has come into the world and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.”*

    “Stop! Stop!” The werewolf growled. “It says men!”

    “We are men…you and I! It doesn’t say human men! It’s for everyone, male and female! Mortal and immortals! Do you believe in God and Jesus Christ? Do you want to believe? If you do believe then ask for forgiveness for your sins and sin no more. Forgiveness will be given you and your soul will be saved!”

    The werewolf jumped to his feet. “Stop vampire! I can’t take this anymore!” He snarled, hair sprouting across his body.

    “Calm down!”

    “You calm down! We are damned! We have killed and we will kill again and enjoy it! We…are…damned!”

    The vampire looked up at the werewolf. “You do not have to kill. Give yourself to the Lord. Ask the Lord for forgiveness of your sins and sin no more. You will be forgiven. Jesus died so our sins will be forgiven. He gave His life for all of us, to save the world from sin. But you must stop sinning. You cannot keep sinning and expect to be forgiven over and over again. You must truly believe and want to be forgiven with all your heart.”

    “Were you a f*****g priest in your human life?”

    The vampire laughed softly and gently and rose gracefully to his feet. “No.”

    “Then why all this?” The werewolf waved his hairy hand at the bible the vampire held tightly to his chest.

    “It is the Word of God and our Lord Jesus Christ. It is the way to redemption and salvation. I wanted to be forgiven and I am. I have stopped sinning. I do not kill humans anymore. You can do this too.”

    “You really believe that s**t!” The werewolf said, stunned by this realization. He was becoming more wolf as the vampire watched.

    “Of course.” The vampire pulled a silver crucifix from beneath his button down shirt that hung from a silver chain. “See? Silver does not hurt me any longer. I believe in God and in our Lord Jesus Christ. I have been saved from the darkness where I use to exist; my soul will go to Heaven. I am one of God’s children now.” He kissed the silver crucifix to prove his words. “See? It does not burn me. I have nothing now to fear from silver or holy objects.”

    The werewolf stared in horror at the silver crucifix and backed away. He stared in horror at the image of the crucified Christ on the cross that dangled from the end of the silver chain where it rested against the vampire’s shirt. He snarled, changing completely into his large wolf form saying as he did, “I love what I am. I love to kill and eat humans. Why should I stop?”

    “Don’t do this. Let me help you. You have seen the impossible with your own eyes. The silver did not burn my skin. I speak the truth to you! You can have this too!” The vampire pleaded, his hands held out beseechingly. “You must believe, truly believe. Believing is so wonderful you won’t want the life you’re living anymore. Let me help you to believe!”

    The werewolf lowered his hand, his lips pulled back to expose his sharp white canines. The vampire knew what the werewolf was going to do; he could see it in the werewolf’s scarlet luminous eyes. He felt terrible, he had so desperately wanted to save this werewolf from the darkness of Hell that he lived in. But this one didn’t want to be saved, the vampire had to accept. “Please.” Begged the vampire one last time. “Let me help.” And he meant it; he truly wanted to help this lost soul.

    The werewolf turned and trotted off, heading down the slope. The vampire watched him go, the foliage of the forest quickly blocking him from view. He knew the werewolf was heading toward the nearest human habitation to kill and eat a human, to slaughter many humans and enjoy doing it.

    “Lord, please forgive him for he does not know Your love.”  The vampire said. Then he quoted Psalm 7. “O Lord my God, in You I put my trust; save me from all those who persecute me; and deliver me, lest they tear me like a lion, rending me in pieces, while there is none to deliver me…”* He heard the werewolf howling, the sound cut through the night, a chilling, lethal and horrible sound.

   Shaking his head sadly, feeling awful that he hadn’t been able to save the werewolf’s soul from the darkness he turned and walked from this scene of his disappointment to seek the next soul lost in the darkness on his list. “Give me the strength, Oh Lord, grant me the ability and know how to save these dark tortured souls and bring them into your loving and healing Light. Amen.”

 

 

 

 

 

* The Holy Bible: New King James Version: The Wesley Bible copyright 1990

   

   

     

© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome write! This does ask a very important question and I would hope the answer is yes, since God created everybody. It's just a matter of us going to Him and giving ourselves to Him. Love the way this question plays out with a vampire and werewolf debating the topic, the vampire trying to save the werewolf's soul. A very unique and different sort of vampire/werewolf story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this is different and interesting question framed by the vampire and werewolf. I guess the werewolf didn't even want to find out, more interested in his physical pleasures than his soul. I like this one a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have a great imagination and know how to create a story around it! Good writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nice work on this interesting comparison and exposure of how God works within the experience of faith acceptance and healing...

interestingly written...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome write! This does ask a very important question and I would hope the answer is yes, since God created everybody. It's just a matter of us going to Him and giving ourselves to Him. Love the way this question plays out with a vampire and werewolf debating the topic, the vampire trying to save the werewolf's soul. A very unique and different sort of vampire/werewolf story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2011
Tags: vampire, vampires, immortal, undead, werewolf, werewolves

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline