Feelings

Feelings

A Story by Aislinn
"

Sometimes they overtake you. Sometimes you overtake them. Sometimes there is just nothing there at all.

"

Forbidden. Terrifying. Feelings are too much to handle. The waves of happiness are a relief, but the rocks of pain that reappear in between the small swells are too much to bear. They are incredibly overwhelming.


But after a while, the emptiness inside threatens to overcome you. You put on a fake smile. You act happy. It would kill you to see the ones around you hurting. But you just want to feel something.


So you turn to the one place you now that can still feel, your body. You starve it. You cut it. You fill it up with substances that promise to help you feel better. And for a while, it works. You are happy. You feel pain. It helps ease the emptiness inside.


But it fades. The cuts heal. Your body grows accustomed to hunger pains. Substances are no longer as potent as they once were. You try everything you can think of just to feel normal again.  

© 2013 Aislinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What is normal? What is emptiness and where does it come from? How does pain help? Why is everything terrifying?

I like your writing style for it speaks emotions as movements in reality. After reading most of what you have here on the site, I would like to say, you're a very good writer! I'd hope that those pieces that bare so much fear and pain, are simply expressions of imagination and not reality. But if they are based in the solid world, then I'll go back up to the questions I asked, so that I might better understand the motivations behind a piece such as this. =)

Nice solid ink!
Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013
Tags: sadness, grief, pain, anguish, loss

Author

Aislinn
Aislinn

MO



About
I'm a girl 19 year old girl who would rather remain slightly anonymous despite the fact that I'm posting my writing on the internet. Other than that, I'm semi-average. As average as anyone on this.. more..

Writing
Dare I? Dare I?

A Poem by Aislinn


Rain Rain

A Story by Aislinn