Spelling Errors

Spelling Errors

A Story by Aislinn
"

There are just some things that you can't do when your mind is otherwise occupied.

"

Stephen wasn't exactly the brightest kid in the world. From the time he was young he had quickly grasped the ideas behind numbers and math configurations. His communication skills, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired.


He seemed to have a difficult time forming words, and as he grew those problems didn't exactly go away. He could now speak in a manner that people could understand, but he couldn't spell things properly. And when his mind wasn't focused, that only exacerbated the problem.


“Seriously?” I asked as I pulled the emergency room registration form from him. “Are you that incapable of spelling?”


“Lexi, some medical words are hard, okay? I'm sorry my brain's not a dictionary!”


I rolled my eyes. Of course he would blame the large words for his problem. Not that I knew how to spell those. I would have smacked him over the head, but he had suffered enough from the pain in his leg.


“You spelt your name wrong! And there's no q in male!” I was getting incredibly agitated with him. “At least you spelt bone right,” I muttered.


“Would you do it Lexi?” he asked.


I sighed. “Only because you can't walk right now.”

© 2013 Aislinn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on June 17, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013
Tags: siblings, pain, lessons

Author

Aislinn
Aislinn

MO



About
I'm a girl 19 year old girl who would rather remain slightly anonymous despite the fact that I'm posting my writing on the internet. Other than that, I'm semi-average. As average as anyone on this.. more..

Writing
Dare I? Dare I?

A Poem by Aislinn


Rain Rain

A Story by Aislinn