Why the hell am I in hell?- Intro

Why the hell am I in hell?- Intro

A Chapter by Tiffany Elise
"

Intro- Sorta chapter 1.... Its not the prolouge....

"

            “So you already hate this place?” Chloe said. She looked around at the blood-red river that Marisol sat by. She shook her head and rolled her eyes when Marisol didn’t respond. She wasn’t paying attention to Chloe; she was too busy curled up in a ball making sobbing sounds. Marisol tilted her head up slowly. Her eyes were puffy and tears ran down her cheeks making Marisol sink deeper into depression.

            “Why do you want to talk to me? It’s your fault you- you- B***H!” shouted Marisol. She tucked her head back in. She let out a giant sob and started to cry more. Chloe sighed as if it was a real word to give Marisol. Chloe closed her eyes for a minute. With her eyes closed she pulled the hood of her cloak down. Her soft brown hair started to blow in the wind. The curls at the end seemed to bounce in the air as she walked over to the rock that lay next to Marisol. She sat on the rock and put her hand on Marisol’s back.

            “Look Marisol, I get that you hate my guts and even though I was assigned your mentor I don’t really enjoy your company either….  It wasn’t my choice to find and kill you, and I know it definitely wasn’t yours. See I’m here as the Devil’s hunter. I hunt down those he thinks would make excellent warriors, soul catchers, or angels. I am all of them…. How do you think I felt? The same way you did…. You may call me a b***h now, but wait until you get what it really is here. Hell is more fun than you’d think if you know how to have fun here. It sounds hard but you can’t seriously think I’m going to act like a responsible mentor…. Besides, I was given ORDERS; it’s not my fault you’re here. I do get what it feels like though,” Chloe stated. Marisol wiped the tears from her eyes. Chloe didn’t WANT to be one of the ‘teachers’ she wanted to be one of ‘them’ once again… one of the kids; someone who didn’t have to show, or teach, only to learn. She was too GOOD at what she was taught to learn anything more, though. Chloe was a natural warrior, and she understood that, but she still preferred being a child with no responsibilities or maturity. She had promised herself that whenever she had to accompany a new demon in their warrior quest that she would be fun and keep the childish part of herself alive.

            “No you don’t get it! I’m sitting here crying because of YOU and your precious Satan. You were just as responsible as him for my death! YOU killed me even if HE gave the order, Chloe. Anyways there is no way possible HELL can be fun, hence the name HELL!” Marisol countered, angrily. You could see the fire deep in her soul.

            “Marisol you need to open your eyes! This is hell for THEM, the people who deserve to be here; we’re not here for the same reasons. We’re here to catch those who are horrible people. Me and you, we were different. We’re here to HELP…. I’m not allowed to tell you why he wanted you here but the reason would surprise you,” Chloe revealed. Marisol’s look showed confusion and more than a bit of curiosity.

            “Well then what do we do for fun?” asked Chloe. The tears had stopped running down her cheeks. Marisol began to contemplate how to have fun here….

            “We have a lot of options; we’re allowed into the real world sometimes. We just have to be back here before dawn. If we get caught in the daylight our souls get caught and burned to death, never to be seen again….”

            Marisol was nervous to ask any more questions. So instead she just looked down. Chloe got up and patted her on the back. She smiled at the ground in a silent reply. She was actually starting to like Chloe; even if she had caught and killed her. She said there was a reason that she was there, but what possible reason WAS there? She thought that she was a perfectly average girl on Earth, what could have changed? Questions bombarded her mind making it impossible for her to think clearly.

            There HAD to be a valid reason that she was here, Chloe even said it herself…. Now, what was it?



© 2011 Tiffany Elise


Author's Note

Tiffany Elise
Sorry about a couple of gramatical errors, just ignore them....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Tiffany!
Well, you start out with a mystery that leaves me wondering. Why is Marisol in hell and what is she going to do there? How did she die? Why did Chloe do it and why are they together? In fact, there are plenty of questions to ask here, which is so effective. It does leave me wanting to read on and find the answers. It's a little short for a chapter, but I love how much information you make me hungry for. I do feel confident that you're taking me somewhere as I read, and that there is an answer to these questions up ahead, and I do really want to know!
One thing I'd like to point out, though, is that I, personally, if you will, would like to see more setting involved. You know, you can approach setting sort of like a character in the story too, give it even a kind of a personality. And this is Hell, after all. I'd like to see it. I'd like to really be there and know what your version of hell is like. It would have to be like no other. Could be a lot of fun.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on May 31, 2011


Author

Tiffany Elise
Tiffany Elise

Orlando, FL



About
Hello peoplesies, my name is Tiffany, and I'm a writer! Well, that's a little bit obvious, this is Writers' Cafe, isn't it? Anyways, I write poems about love, but often write murder stories. It's odd,.. more..

Writing