Believe in Death

Believe in Death

A Story by Tyler K.
"

Futuristic-alien-death-horror-thingy :)

"

Kenneth looked up at the glass roof. He looked at his arms. He looked at his legs. All covered in blood. He held up his hand and tried to move his fingers. He blinked in disbelief. He was alive.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

“Kenneth!”

“Conrad!”

“Peter!”

“F-.” The voice was cut off the fourth time.

“Excel? Is that you? It’s Peter!”

“Peter! Where are you?” Excel ran down a hall from which he had heard the voice.

“This way!” Peter shouted, trying to allow Excel to hear the way.

Excel continued going down the hall until he reached the end. There were three other directions to go in. “Peter!” The lights down the hall to his left turned off. “Peter?” He could hear a hissing sound coming from the hall. “Pete…?” There was another hiss. He randomly chose the hall straight ahead of him. Yet another hiss echoed through the hall, but this time it was much louder and almost like a snarl.

“Pete, please dude! Where are you?” Excel ran even faster. He could feel the blood flowing through his body, his heart beating, his aching body. He reached another intersection, this one with only a left and right direction. He saw that the right was sealed by a door, so he instinctively turned the left corner. He looked farther down the hall and pressed his feet against the ground until he had come to a stop. There he was. It was Peter. His body hung helplessly from the air. Going through his chest was a dark spear-like object. Blood spilled from his mouth. Attached to the “spear” was the rest of a tail. He looked behind Peter. His eyes froze on that spot.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

               

Kenneth slowly pulled himself up. “Ow!” He put his hand against his head. “God…” He looked at his hand, still mesmerized by the fact he could move it. Blood dripped from it, more blood than before. He pulled a roll of gauze out of his shirt pocket. He began to wrap the roll of gauze around his head like a bandana.

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

Farrel held the gun sight to his eye as he meandered around the ship. Out of the corner of his eye he saw movement. He shot his rifle and continued to do so until he was sure it was dead. He continued his caution, even as he approached the body. He finally had made his way around the desk it was behind. He cursed under his breath. It was dead, but it was another soldier. Not one that he knew. He wondered where the others he knew had gone to after they had scattered.

Now what? he thought to himself. Am I supposed to keep running around this place until I get killed? Hmm…not a bad idea. He smiled at the idea of killing all of these creatures. Still he didn’t like the fact that it would be his death. He imagined the report his family would get. “Sergeant Farrel Kovács, cause of death unknown.”

*             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *             *

                Tears in his eyes and injured in the mind, Excel ran from his friend’s body. He fumbled with the holster attached to his belt. “Please no…oh no…..I don’t want to d-die. Not now I w-won’t,” he mumbled barely understanding what he was saying.

                He was finally able to take out his pistol. He held up the gun and turned around, expecting to see the creature. He couldn’t see with the tears in his eyes. He heard the hissing noise again. He thought he heard it from the other way, and he turned. He heard it behind him again. He began spinning aimlessly in a circle, crying even harder now. “NO!” He began firing his pistol in both directions. There was a loud high-pitched scream, yet he still continued to fire. Even after he had finished off the clip, he still shot into the blurring world.

 

© 2012 Tyler K.


Author's Note

Tyler K.
Please tell me your opinion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on June 1, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2012
Tags: future, alien, death, horror

Author