Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by misfit_joker

“God d****t! You stupid b*****d!” swears John at the top of his lungs; removing the giant of a needle from his eye gushing a fountain of blood. “What’d I tell you, you stupid, selfish son of a b***h!” Holding the removed needle in his hand how Michael Myers typically holds a knife when getting ready to slowly slaughter a group of dumb, sexually engaged  teenagers, John rears back his forearm as far back as he can and thrusts with all the pain and hatred in body the sharp object through the hollowed eyes of the monster. He continues to unleash unrelenting, devastating blows to its face, causing it to lose balance giving John enough breathing room to sweep it and mount on top.

“What. Did. I. Tell. You.” John says in unison with his punches.

Meanwhile, the fiend just lays there motionless taking John’s anger full force.

“Stay in school! Get good grades!” John notices a large portion of the tiled ground protruding out and he grabs it, struggling a little at first, and proceeds to use it to smash in the already pulped half-face.

“BUT WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU WENT AND THROUGH IT ALL AWAY! THROUGH IT AWAY AND LEFT ME WITHOUT MY BROTHER! I TOLD YOU I COULD CARRY YOUR BURDENS! I COULD’VE CARRIED YOU THROUGH YOUR HELL BUT INSTEAD YOU LEFT ME WITH IT! I AM THE STRONG ONE! I was the strong one.”

And what once was anger, turned into a trail of tears being held back. “You wanted memories Ben. New and old. But just like you told me, your memories died with you and they’ve been weighing me down.”

John stays knelt down on both knees as he sets the slab gently in front of him. He has annihilated the fiend and yet feels so defeated. So crushed. So empty.

Unable to hold back, tears come crashing full force like the tide against a rocky shoreline. A sudden warmth greets his shoulders, pausing the moment of misery and alerting John’s eyes to a new, more peaceful scenery.

“About time you said how you felt.”

“Ben.” John responds, sniffling and drying his eyes.  “I’m so sorry.”

“For what? I’m the one that ended up breaking our pact. Everything you said needed to be let go. You’ve been holding it in all this time; never once yelled, never cried; not even at my funeral. You held back because you thought you had to be strong even after I died. But it was too much to bare. You turned me into that monster, thinking I needed revenge or you needed my forgiveness. I didn’t want any of that.”

“What did you want then?” John asks.

“I want you to be at peace and stop blame yourself for my mistakes. I want you to stop living in the past and remember me as I was; not the monster I turned into. Promise me you’ll move on.”

John stands and turns to face Ben but all that was there is the only lasting remnant of his little brother: a large piece of granite with Ben McKinley 1990-2002 etched across.

“No Ben,” smiles John, “Promises can be broken. It’s a pact.”

A gust of wind whirls around John, and at that moment it felt like Ben hugging his big brother for the last time. 



© 2015 misfit_joker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its a really touching piece

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2015
Last Updated on August 9, 2015
Tags: the, path, of, god, thriller, horror, fiction, suspense, psychological, rehab, rehabilitation, depression, religion, religious


Author

misfit_joker
misfit_joker

Pontotoc, MS



About
I simply want to share a little bit of my world and bring it to yours. I do not believe in sticking with one general genre of writing because it limits the possibilities. Please enjoy more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by misfit_joker


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by misfit_joker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by misfit_joker