Toya (1)

Toya (1)

A Chapter by Tobin Perry
"

Nathaniel fears school, and runs into someone he doesn't expect to.

"

The gates to the school are tall, intimidating, and fearful. Everyday they seem to grow to Nathaniel. Or everyday he was growing smaller and smaller. These towering gates bring great remorse to Nathaniel, the thought that amber might be waiting at their usual spot on the 4th floor.

He thinks to himself, “I hate these gates, I hate this school, I hate this world.”

Taking a deep breath he pushes himself through the gate, forcing himself forward. Chin down, eyes down, he avoids eye contact as best her can while walking through the courtyard. Making his way into the school he takes a short right-turn and heads to staircase “A”. He climbs the stairs two at a time, hoping that time will speed up; help him get through this day quicker.

“Nathaniel!” came a loud scream.

Nathaniel looked around and running towards him was a young man with light blue hair. It’s Toya, his best friend since the 3rd grade. They used to go everywhere together, almost inseparable. They practically lived in the same house, spending almost every moment of their lives with each other, but for the last eight months… they hardly spoke.

“Hey, Toya.” Nathaniel said.

“How are you doing?” Toya asked.

“Fine.”

“Its been a while since we’ve talked…”

“Yeah, sorry. I just haven’t been feeling too great lately.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine.”

“Ok. Well I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house sometime.”

“I’ll have to check and see what going on.” Nathaniel replied.

 

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* The school bell rings.

 

“Well I have to get to class,” Nathaniel said, “I’ll talk to you later?”

“Sure. Bye.” Toya replied.

Nathaniel started thinking; “Wow…that was weird, running into Toya. I kind of feel bad; I haven’t talked to him for a long time… I wonder how he’s been.”

Toya was horrible. His mother was in the hospital, and his father disowned Toya when he found out he was homosexual. Buts its not like Nathaniel would know any of this, he pushed Toya away when all he wanted to do was help. Toya tried to talk to him on numerous occasions. But Nathaniel never got around to replying.

 

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP* The school bell rings.

 

Nathaniel steps into his class.

“You’re late young man! Take your seat!”

“Sorry, I woke up late.”

“No excuse! Get to work! Now class where was I? Oh, yes, When you have the given angle of an Isosceles triangle…”

The teachers voice started fading away as the wind whistled through the bright trees. The sunlight was gleaming and reflecting off of the moist leaves. Warm light barely caresses his forearm on the desk. The heat feels amazing. He closes his eyes to savor the only warmth he has felt in a long time.

            He takes a long deep breath. Sighing it out when he exhales. The wind blows softly through the curtains, caressing his face. The sounds of chirping birds fill his ears. Reality seems to start slipping away. Wind blows over the hills creating small waves in the grass. Soft mist falls onto his ace, the sky grows dark, and then flashes of lightning fill his sight.

Nathaniel wakes up. Startled he looks round him and sees no storm, no lightning, and no rain. Feeling sick he stands up and makes his way to the door.

 “Young man! Where are you going?!”

He cannot hear the teacher. As he makes his way down the hall, running as if from a murderer. He bursts into the bathroom, runs into the first open stall he can find and heaves up the contents of his stomach. He lays there in agonizing pain while his vision starts to fade to black. 



© 2011 Tobin Perry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great piece of work. I like the story line. But it could use a second draft. Just a rewrite. But other than that I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really loved the chapter. It was descriptive, but maybe adding more description about what the characters look like would make it amazing! :) Great start!

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


i liked the chapter but dont get what what you said in the review on my book. you have a nak for descriptive writing but dont go over the top like youve started two in this. let me know when the next part is out.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 17, 2011
Last Updated on February 17, 2011
Tags: Sickness, Ill, Fear


Author

Tobin Perry
Tobin Perry

Goffstown, NH



About
ahdsf;gh;dlfhg;jsdhf;gjhsdfkhg;sdhf;glh;sdfg more..

Writing
Break Of Dawn Break Of Dawn

A Chapter by Tobin Perry