Out of Tune

Out of Tune

A Poem by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
"

To be a well used piano... that is what we should aim to be in life!

"
...


© 2010 Tomás Ó Cárthaigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Quite a wonderful composition with the music and words not to mention the picture of the broken down piano. That picture says a thousand words and give credence to the story at hand. I don' think the poem would have had the same impact had you not posted the audio version. It's always beautiful to hear the writer recite his work the way he meant it to be read - Thank you!

Beautifully done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful and Innovative! :) I'd like to try this once too. Your voice sound good too.. lol. There's nothing negative in the words, everything perfect. Keep going.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is so very good,i loved it..such beautiful words set to a lovely music...very innovative.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
I SEE the music in this one.

x,
O!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a beautiful portrayal of the appreciation of life; it's tenderness, longing and beauty. The music sets a melancholy mood; yet peaceful like summer rain pattering against the window. The poem is both reflective and insightful with the wonderful comparitive analogy of our bodies as instruments of music. Often times I feel high strung or slightly out of tune, my hammers too harsh; in need of new velvet, my keys missing or broken. This was delightful Thomas and a true pleasure to hear you read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thomas I loved this How do you put this together in a format such as this ?
Tate

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just words to read would have been fine and stirring, but taken altogether with voice and music, it became a wonderful and coloured experience. The anaolgy of the piano was most effective, and I couldn't help but put myself in its place.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked the feeling I had while reading this poem. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the image, music and your words all work together in a lovely way

it is always better to hear a poet's words in his own voice :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1211 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 24, 2010
Last Updated on April 24, 2010
Tags: life, moral, aim, passing

Author

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Renmore, Galway, Ireland, An Roinne Mór, Gallaimh, Eire, Ireland



About
Ten years on this site... a quick decade, and an age in another way... Flanagan and the Lampost The Novena, some Drama and Midge Ure in Galway Fiddling at Longford Donkey Innovat.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..