Marie's Spring

Marie's Spring

A Poem by Tony Jordan
"

A senryu In memory of Marie. A wonderful writer and friend to many here. She loved to herald each season with a poem... http://www.writerscafe.org/robinson

"
crocus buds gather
expectant crowds for Marie's
poem of the Spring

PACKAGE

A Poem by Marie
" 

For the 1st day of Spring...

 "


Hint of colour

In the air

Morning glories

Lift their heads

Southern breezes

Whisper low

Urging them

From winter beds.

Now the earth

Is tinged with green

Birds and bees

And butterflies

Open up

The secret box

With its ancient,

New surprise.

© 2017 Tony Jordan


Author's Note

Tony Jordan
I updated my original senryu with a poem about Spring by Marie (R.I.P.) - Thank you to Paul Bell for the suggestion :))

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I got here too late to know Marie, but I've seen so many tributes to her, I can tell how beloved she was on this website! This is an awesome spring poem with flowing enjambment & it touches on such a precious aspect of remembering Marie's writing traditions!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

I just know you two would have gotten on like a house on fire BG.
Thank you very much for r.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

I'm honored (((HUGS)))



Reviews

This is a fantastic tribute to Marie. May she rest in peace. I didn't read many of her pieces, but the ones I did read were very good.

I enjoyed this Senryu very much, and the poem underneath it. The Spring vibe I got from this is so pleasant, especially since Jack Frost starts nibbling my nose the moment I set foot outside right now. You've done Marie justice with this tribute. Great job, and keep on writing! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


I was not fortunate enough to know Marie. She must be smiling now, reading your beautiful memorial Spring Senryu. Love the delightful imagery and the idea that it heralds her own lovely Spring poem. R.I.P. Sweet Marie...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Yes indeed, like some here I too was acquainted with Maria, she did have a penchant for nature and particularly Spring with all its emerging life!

Beautifully penned tribute, I'm sure she's glowing with elation from the great blue yonder!

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a beautiful homage in tribute to Marie. She was a lovely lady whose spirit was like the breath of spring. You couldn't have picked a better season to represent her.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tony Hi. I don't recall Marie but this looks like a pretty darn good tribute to someone who is clearly held in appreciation by many. I love the juxtaposition of ancient & new - clever!

Regards
Nigel

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow...such a marvellous tribute...both poems are so beautiful!
I didn't know ma'am that well...I remember she commented on my poem once and that I used to read her poems (albeit, without commenting on majority of them..since I couldn't think of any review worthy enough...)...I wrote a tribute to her for her winter poem once too, I remember... I used to constantly read her reviews on other writers' writes, and always enjoyed them... She had a no-nonsense air about her which I adored... :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is a great tribute,i knew her and her words well,a sweet lady,and very much missed ..
the only poem i have saved is this one

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
So beautiful
She was a beautiful person and a truly inspiring writer
I had attended a year of reading her work
May she rest in peace and enter heaven ..... this is really beautiful

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sorry to hear about Marie, I figured something was up, as she used to review and post quite often, but I didn't know if something happened to her computer, or what. Sorry to hear the worst. She will be missed, and a fine tribute to her memory.

Posted 7 Years Ago


What a lovely tribute to Marie. I didn't know she had passed. So sad. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

7 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia
I appreciate you.
x

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1396 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 4, 2017
Tags: Marie

Author

Tony Jordan
Tony Jordan

United Kingdom



About
Just writing to get it out My avatar is an actual slice of an onion that I cut up and I kept and froze - it reminds me of the saying - If you don't laugh, you cry. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren