My Beloved Aromas

My Beloved Aromas

A Story by poetictori
"

A short bit on my father and my love.

"
When my father would go out to sea, I would take one of his pillows to keep. Very softly, I would lay on my side, so my face would turn just enough towards his pillow. I would then smell the whispers of his essence that were left in scattered trails. Every so often, my face traveled across the pillow to find the desired spot. He always had this unmistakable smell he negligently carried throughout my childhood. It was "his" smell. And even though, I never had a real realationship with my father, somehow I had never had an encounter where a persons scent obliviously enticed me besides him. It was as if I so craved for his attention and praise, love and care. But he was gone.

And then there you were. Standing there at the door, oh so ravishingly. As if my father looked you in the eye, and said, "Son, I pass this position on to you." I sent my face landing into your chest, and you sheltered your arms around me. I breathed in. A scent arose at the absolutely perfect moment, with just the right amount to it. I fastened my eyes shut and stood soaking you in until I was drenched. The quiet playing of Claire de Luna rendered in my skull. Your aroma filled my nose and carried me to a place of intriguement. And when you leave, I take your pillow and very softly lay to my side, so my face turns just enough towards it. And then I smell the whispers of your essence that are left in scattered trails.

In only these two people, although both different,
And at an alternate time and place in my life from each other,
Did they carry such meaning inside themselves
throughout their gushing veins
Which beheld their enchanting scents of the ones I love

And I ached for you.
And now, I ache for you.

It is the one who first held me,
Who then gave the devoir to whom I have fallen in love with
That my heart is felt for,
In these two people, I find
The beginning
And the End.

And when you leave,

I take your pillow and very softly lay on my side so my face turns just enough towards it.

And then I smell the whispers of your essence that are left in scattered trails.

© 2016 poetictori


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved this I wrote something of my dad today as well by the way Clair de lune my fav

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
1 Review
Added on September 15, 2016
Last Updated on September 26, 2016
Tags: Father, Dad, Love, Comfort, Scent, Task, Relationship

Author

poetictori
poetictori

About
I use this site as a safe place for some of my poetry. I've had mishaps countless times with accidently throwing my handwritten poetry away. At the same time, I might as well share some of it...but ba.. more..

Writing