Words

Words

A Story by Tylor
"

Words are a dangerous weapon or a wonderful magic, use them wisely.

"

If I could find the words I'm so desperately in search of, it's like they linger in the back of my throat and I can't push them out of my lips. All the things we so desperately want to hear from people. All the people who so desperately need to hear something.


I had the chance to be a part of a project where we asked hundreds of people what their biggest fear and greatest dream is. To me the most important part of those questions was to remind us that we are all humans. We are all fragile and we can all be vulnerable. Fears are not a weakness but a moment of honesty.

For me its words, sometimes I lay in bed and think about all the words I've heard that have hurt me; or all the words that have escaped my lips that have hurt someone else, words that you can't retract. That's what scares me about them, the way they can so easily flow out of someone's mouth and cause damage that can go a lifetime without being mended.


It's like we were all given this gift of emotional power. The power to afflict a great deal of pain to someone or a wonderful amount of joy. Either without reason, or indisputable evidence. It's based on how we are feeling and that's how we want everyone else to feel. People don't always deserve the words they hear and not often enough do they hear the words they deserve.


With the days that come I can only continue to be more cautious with the words I speak, I hope that they are words of encouragement and words that can heal. I can only remind you of the power you hold.

© 2015 Tylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree! words are sometimes dangerous! great write and have a great day!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I can't describe what I liked most...this is so true, the words have power, they can hurt, and, yes, sometimes with reason, and sometimes without...
Yes, the words have a great power speaking about feels and emotions...

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2015
Last Updated on August 26, 2015
Tags: Words, pain, hope, weapons, magic, love

Author

Tylor
Tylor

Writing
Lost. Lost.

A Story by Tylor


Fear Fear

A Story by Tylor


Coffee Shops Coffee Shops

A Story by Tylor