Coffee Shops

Coffee Shops

A Story by Tylor

As I sit down it’s all so overwhelming the sounds of conversations and espresso machines drown out the sound of my own thoughts. I can feel myself getting anxious but the familiar peacefulness of the soft music playing throughout the room has been missed.


It's been over three years now since I sat on the corner of a little coffee shop consumed and overwhelmed with my own emotions and fear. Three years and nearly three thousand miles and I've returned to a coffee shop.

Something I can say now that I didn't always believe then is how beautiful this life is. I look up and see couples smile like they are looking into the eyes of forever. Friends talk and converse like they are meeting for the first time in years. I look across from me and I almost feel like i can see me three years ago. Like I've been waiting all this time for myself to return.


I feel gifted to be able to be where I am today. Not just here in this coffee shop, but in this moment. I look into the eyes of nineteen year old me and I see someone who is unbelievably scared. Someone who never imagined making it to twenty-two.


I'm a strong believer that conversation is the key to everything. Without conversation you're just talking to yourself hoping the world will hear you. Your life comes down to a series of conversations you've made or missed and its up to you how much you speak.


A phone call from my mom reminds me that not everything comes without sacrifice. Sometimes what you feel is the right thing to do can be the hardest. I haven't seen my family in nearly two years now and no amount of days or weeks makes being away from them easier.


I feel my time in this coffee shop is coming to an end I feel relieved. I can only hope that the next coffee shop I walk into I'm greeted by this twenty-two year old me.

© 2015 Tylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice and relaxing piece. It has a feeling of reminiscence to it. The coffee shop is like a little place, suspended in a fabric of time, where old memories meet new ones and people reflect back on their life, or dream of the mysterious the future ahead. It is also a place were people meet and converse over a hot espresso, in a comfortable atmosphere. Very nice.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 26, 2015
Last Updated on August 26, 2015
Tags: coffee shops, coffee, reflections, life, depression, recovery, love, hope

Author

Tylor
Tylor

Writing
Lost. Lost.

A Story by Tylor


Fear Fear

A Story by Tylor


Rain Rain

A Story by Tylor