Call to Thought

Call to Thought

A Poem by Tracie Skarbo

 

Distant voices
Haunted thought
Happiness fades
Innocence is sought
 
Light of the candle
Heat of the flame
Keeper of my heart
My soul yours to tame
 
Whisper of the wind
Calls out its tale
Dogs of the night
Let out their lonely wail
 
Time has no limit
Silence rules
The world…

© 2009 Tracie Skarbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Chosen this one from your collection at random. A really good piece of work.
Just a little concerned about the Keeper of my . . . (the two lines) I feel that this introduces another human party into it; this reduces the poem's universality and so makes us, the readers, outsiders rather than sharers. It is hard to think that the poet is talking to some Geatic presence. Sharers are what we are in all of the rest of the poem except for these two lines. Perhaps keeper et. should form another sort of poem?
Some might argue that it introduces a romantic element into an otherwise existential poem. (That is quicker)
Just a thought.
Any Haiku lying around?
ATB
Alex.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow what a verbal whirlwind of emotions in such few words... just like how we can go from feeling love to being lonely back to loved.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Distant voices
Haunted thought
Happiness fades
Innocence is sought

Love these lines here,
This is wonderful


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Again you use words to the fullest degree and meaning .. yet, you're an expert in word selection. That skill means your words flow really gently and smoothly.

' Whisper of the wind ~ Calls out its tale' ... we can each read what we want from that, small picture or great masterpiece.'

Thank you so much for sharing ..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2009
Last Updated on December 16, 2009

Author

Tracie Skarbo
Tracie Skarbo

Canada



About
Learning consists of daily accumulating. The practice of the Tao consists of daily diminishing; decreasing and decreasing, until doing nothing. When nothing is done, nothing is left undone. True.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..