The Fury of Coco

The Fury of Coco

A Story by Tracie Skarbo

The Fury of Coco

 

It was supposed to be an ad for Channel the newest perfume Coco had concocted.  A photo shoot to capture the essence of the woman behind the scent, and show off her newest line of “White Innocent” designs.  Although I don’t know what she was thinking with a line like that.  Nothing about Coco was innocent.  She was a taker and a shaker; she could make the world move about her, raising her fists of fury to the sky if it failed to amuse her for long.  The more complex you were; the more intriguing she found you.

 

It was supposed to be my time to get noticed, to rise within the ranks of the silent movie starlets.  Another pipe dream I bought into sold to me by the lips of a slick and oiled agent.  “Keep your head down, do as you’re told and you will have no problems.  You have to be seen without being seen and Coco will tolerate you.”  So I went, despite my misgivings. 

 

I was supposed to be standing here with the handsome male lead.  Perhaps if he hadn’t upset Coco so much with his masculinity she wouldn’t have changed into her black rage.  You must treat a woman wearing black with kid gloves.  Didn’t any of these prepubescent men know this?  How unpredictable we can be?   You don’t challenge an Ego like Coco’s without repercussions.  I had never heard a woman scream like a Puma before, and I never want to hear that again.  It will stay with me for the rest of my days.  I was told that the shoot would be postponed for two days, and to come back, that I would be compensated for my troubles.

 

When I came back there was a skull on the floor, it reeked of Channel.  The very scent the male lead had complained of in the days before.  Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.  A woman like Coco who made sure, as you can see in the photo, that the young lead was shown the light.

© 2010 Tracie Skarbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'a woman scorned'...those sayings don't come from nowhere...i guess that's because there's no such place without (at least the idea of) a woman...as for the men, they're all straight men, in a crooked sort of way...and, as for the 'fury of hell', it had to get its definition somewhere...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Oh, you're creativeness shines once again. Outstanding story. : >)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well I for one never like to feed the ego of those on the edge of self centeredness... their are repercussions for taking a stand and not taking one... I was intrigued by the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'a woman scorned'...those sayings don't come from nowhere...i guess that's because there's no such place without (at least the idea of) a woman...as for the men, they're all straight men, in a crooked sort of way...and, as for the 'fury of hell', it had to get its definition somewhere...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010

Author

Tracie Skarbo
Tracie Skarbo

Canada



About
Learning consists of daily accumulating. The practice of the Tao consists of daily diminishing; decreasing and decreasing, until doing nothing. When nothing is done, nothing is left undone. True.. more..

Writing