void

void

A Poem by Traycee

Ten years later my tears are still wet, for I havent been able to let you go yet.

With a heart of gold and a fist of steel, the love you had was very real.

You were hard to love, but you loved hard, for peoples feelings you did not regard.

In twenty-eight years I never did hear, those three little words that many fear.

But that was then and this is now, my experience with you has made my vow.

I vowed to tell my children everyday, that my love for them wont fade away.

You're my mother and that wont change, but our relationship, was estranged.

I miss you now, and I always will, you let a void no one will fill.

 

© 2012 Traycee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah...mother's.....we all have one......somewhere
It's often the case we focus on the good and not the bad.
But they are no different than we....making mistakes, trying our best and still making a mess.



Posted 10 Years Ago


well done. should that say 'left' a void, in the last line, not 'let' a void?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Full of emotion and pain. Well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Im sure other people feel the same way...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 14, 2012
Last Updated on November 14, 2012

Author

Traycee
Traycee

NY



About
Im a creative woman who has seen things well beyond my years. Im a mother of two daughters who I push to surpass me. Im fun, outgoing, and silly. more..

Writing
Mother Mother

A Poem by Traycee


storm storm

A Poem by Traycee