The Note

The Note

A Poem by Dante Thomas
"

This was for friend who I lost to suicide and I thought I'd write this help myself cope with the lost, but from my point of view. This is a rough draft at best

"
I guess I wasn't strong enough. Life just wasn't for me and honestly for the last couple years I've felt like that. This isn't something that just randomly happen or came about. This is years of depression and anger being released. This is how I choose to release it.....once again I'm sorry to those it may hurt. As for my belongings I leave behind you can pack it up in boxes and move it to the corner of the the spare room with the old mattress and the nearly broke wheel chair, you could use those old curtains that you felt would clash with my room to throw over the boxes. All I ask is leave my comics in that white box with the names and other scribble written all over it those are reminders of the good times. I'll never forget the earful you gave me for drying out that marker because it was the only marker you had at the time and you needed it for a package you were gonna have me send. Please don't blame yourself for this it was my decision to make and before I end this I left you a small gift inside that old converse shoe inside my closet it's my way of saying sorry for drying out your marker.

© 2017 Dante Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 26, 2017
Last Updated on January 26, 2017

Author

Dante Thomas
Dante Thomas

Bloomingdale, IL



About
I'm Dante more..

Writing