Tanner Rose's Reasons

Tanner Rose's Reasons

A Chapter by Trekkie

His name was Tanner Rose.

He was ten.

He liked to play guitar, soccer, and do other fifth - grade things. He had dark hair and dark eyes. which sharply contrasted with his pale – as -moon skin. His appearance might have been cliche', but he was ten, and he did not particularly care.

Tanner Rose, age ten. Why is he being qualified for the Game? He likes to play soccer, guitar, and do other fifth – grade stuff. His favorite subject in school is math; he likes how all the numbers always fit together in the same place, how everything in math is always the same. Always, always, consistent.

Because nothing in Tanner Rose's life is ever consistent. In his five times two years, he's never lived in the same place for more than a month. Finally the Gods got sick of it, and bloated with their own power, made some obscure reason and qualified him for the Game.

But is that a good excuse for justice? If it is, why is he sitting in a stone – walled room somewhere in the outskirts of Yira? Why is he shedding tears -- for those things that are lost? For those things that will be found? For those things he has never come across?

He does not deserve it.

He does not deserve anything that has happened to him.



© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
...yay, Tanner Rose.

For those of you who are unaware, this is based off the original short story by me called 'Like Insubstantial Smoke' also.

I know that it looks really odd with the non-contractions, and sounds odd too, and there's really odd capitilization mistakes, but that's just me jacking up my word count for nanowrimo.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on February 12, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie