In Which Aragonia Felipo Talks To A Person In A Very Deep Sleep

In Which Aragonia Felipo Talks To A Person In A Very Deep Sleep

A Chapter by Trekkie

In Which Aragonia Felipo Talks To A Person In A Very Deep Sleep
September 6th, (Yes, Ross still sleeps too much), 2048, 1 0 : 4 5 P M

Ari comes back eventually, shaken by whatever she had been told by Agnew. Ross is asleep when she comes in, but as far as she knows, he’s just closing his eyes. She talks to him, sitting on a stool.

“What was it like being on the run?” she asks him softly. He does not respond; his eyes are still closed and he does not give any sign that he’s heard her. Quietly, she continues the one – sided conversation. “They’re going to experiment on you, you know, to see if they can find out where your mental abilities are coming from. Whether it is genetic…or if it is …something else.” Ross is still asleep, exhausted from his efforts so far today. But she does not know, and she forges boldly onward. “If they find out anything, they might not kill you…but if they don’t, they’ll just give you an opponent for the Game. If. And if they don’t like what they find…I don’t know what will happen.” She takes a deep breath, wondering why she’s talking to him at all. Because he’s responsible for the murders of over a dozen people, and he’s probably dangerous and possibly insane because of his innate mind abilities.

Ross turns his head slightly toward her, unknowing of her words in his sleep. But then, it is all the same to him. Gun at the heart, sword at the throat, it is all the same in love and war. Either way you’re dead. And right now he’s so close to death he’s not sure if he cares. But for now, he sleeps, and his ignorance is blissful. His dreams are empty, and it is probably the best nap he’s had in weeks.

“They wouldn’t have found you if you hadn’t broken the glass to get in. So why did you try to break into a Gods’ building, anyway? That was stupid. I thought you were smarter than that.”

But obviously he wasn’t, and that is why he’s here. that is why he’s doomed – that is why he’s dead. that is why he’s so weak. So very close to death. She sighs, a deep, long, prolonged sigh, gets up to get a book, and when Ross finally wakes up, she’ll be sitting there, reading.

 



© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
..I wonder what Ari was reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on February 13, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie