In Which Ross Huron And Aragonia Felipo Discuss Food

In Which Ross Huron And Aragonia Felipo Discuss Food

A Chapter by Trekkie

In Which Ross Huron and Aragonia Felipo Discuss Food
September 7th, 2048, 3 : 1 7 A M

He feels slightly better than he did before, but he still aches in every part of his body. His right arm is healing alright, but he knows it will take much longer if he ever wants to be able to heal it himself. “You know,” he says softly, though his voice is strong. “I always pictured a lot more people around my death bed.”

Ari’s head snaps up. “Why did you ever think that?” she asks.
He shrugs non – commitally. “I dunno. I guess I always thought that maybe a few people liked me in the world. Instead, all Fate ends up giving me is a girl who’s been assigned to make sure I don’t kill myself by the Gods themselves. I suppose that should be a tribute to my memory, that I was prominent enough to be hunted by the Gods.”

“The fact that you got caught in the end erases any redeeming quality that might give you with fellow rebels. Who’d be stupid enough to break into a Gods’ house?”
His face clouds over, while before it had been clear and untroubled. “Maybe I wanted to be caught,” he whispers, and she has to strain to hear him.

She laughs suddenly. “Who’d believe that? that is death. that is a death sentence.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Yeah. Whatever you say.”

She shakes her head. “Yeah. Whatever I say. So don’t kill yourself, Ross Huron. What do you want for breakfast tomorrow?”

He shrugs. “I don’t care. Food.”

Her face is hidden again, framed by her long black hair, hunched over her book.
He turns over, favoring his right hand slightly, and goes back to sleep.

 



© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
.....Ross's injury keeps switching from his right hand to his left hand. Dunno why.

Just to clear things up, it's on his left arm and he'll have a long, jagged, blood-red scar there for the rest of his life.
Also, he's right-handed.
Just want to clear that up.

Feeback, much?

--Theories Submitted:

HPG: Hmmm...

I think it's teleporting.
I will pay super-close attention to this miniscule detail, reading into every possible hint of foreshadowing in Ross's uncertain cut, so much so that I forget what the story's actually about.
Agreed?

Then let's shake pinkies on it.

Rusty: Teleporting injury. That's scary.

But! This is set in a science-fictiony futureish world, right? (Because that is so cool.) So maybe it's normal for injuries to teleport.

//Rusty's theory

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on February 13, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie