In Which Ross Huron Dreams Some Random Stuff, Mostly Stuff That Already Happened, And Stuff That Will Come Up In The Future

In Which Ross Huron Dreams Some Random Stuff, Mostly Stuff That Already Happened, And Stuff That Will Come Up In The Future

A Chapter by Trekkie
"

...skip this in favor of your sanity.

"
In Which Ross Huron Dreams Some Random Stuff, Mostly Stuff That Already Happened, And Stuff That Will Come Up In The Future
Septmeber 7th, 2048, sometime; Ross Huron is sleeping, which he does quite a lot, actually… Ah, well, that’s why we love Ross so much, right?

“Rise and shine,” mutters Ari rather sarcastically.
Ross, not moving, replies “I’m already up.”
“Yeah, well, wake up more, ‘cause breakfast is here. Let’s hope you like eggs.”
“What if I said that I don’t like eggs?”“What if I said that I don’t like eggs?”
“Then I’d advise you to nibble on the toast that I brought.”
“What if I said that I don’t like toast?”
“Then I’d ask what you want for breakfast.”
“What if I said I don’t want any breakfast?”
“Then I’d point out that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
“What if I said I don’t care?”
“Is this even a hypothetical conversation any more?”
“No.”
“I still say you have to eat breakfast. BREAKFAST IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT. EAT YOUR BREAKFAST. IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH.”
“considering that I’m already dying from blood loss, I don’t see how it makes a difference.”
“Yeah, but as long as you’re dying, you might as well have breakfast. Final meal of the condemned.”
“I still don’t like toast.”
”But toast is good for you! How on earth cna you not like toast?”
“It’s baked bread. How on earth can you even compare toast as something entirely different from bread? Why does it even have a different name than bread? Why does not mankind just call it bread?”
“Because ‘toast’ sounds better.”
“But I don’t like toast.”
“But it’s good toast!”
“How do you know?”
“I made it myself!”
“sorry to insult your cooking, but I still don’t like toast.”
”Look, I’ll add some butter or jam or something.”
“I DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“Good grief, you can’t not like toast. TOAST IS GOOD FOR YOU. ADMIT IT, AND EAT THE TOAST!”
“But I don’t like toast.”
”EAT THE TOAST!”
“I STILL DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“EAT THE TOAST!”
“I don’t like toast, okay? shut up and admit it already.”
“Eat the damn toast!”
“Noooooo!”
“EAT THE TOAST! WITH BREAD AND JAM AND BUTTER!”
“Nooooo!”
“Toast is good for you!”
“I REFUSE TO EAT THE TOAST!”
“EAT THE TOAST!”
“I DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“EAT THE TOAST!”
“I DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“EAT THE TOAST!”
“I DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“EAT THE TOAST!”
“I DON’T LIKE TOAST!”
“aww, shut up.”
“I don’t want the toast, Ari. Really. I don’t like toast.” Said Ross.
Sometimes Ross gets really sick of his ability to predict things that happen in the future. What he really hates is that they’re always incredibly right, too…

She laughs suddenly. “Who’d believe that? that is death. that is a death sentence.”
He raised an eyebrow. “Yeah. Whatever you say.”
She shakes her head. “Yeah. Whatever I say. So don’t kill yourself, Ross Huron. What do you want for breakfast tomorrow?”
He shrugs. “I don’t care. Food.”
Her face is hidden again, framed by her long black hair, hunched over her book.
He turns over, favoring his right hand slightly, and goes back to sleep.


© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
This is an incredibly pointless chapter that was created when my computer glitched and gave me this. At that point, I had less than ten thousand words when I should've had thirty thousand, so I didn't go back and delete it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pointless, but it is rather amusing and entertaining.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie