In Which Ross Develops A Mental Connections With Ari (Or Maybe A Conscience That Sounds An Awful Lot Like Ross Huron)

In Which Ross Develops A Mental Connections With Ari (Or Maybe A Conscience That Sounds An Awful Lot Like Ross Huron)

A Chapter by Trekkie

In Which Ross Develops A Mental Connection With Ari (Or Maybe Ari Develops A Conscience That Sounds An Awful Lot Like Ross Huron)
September 15th, 2048 4 : 1 2 P M

I still want out of this room.
Aragonia Felipo nearly toppled the stool over, her glasses falling off in her surprise. “What?” she gasped.
That would be me.
“You’re not talking,” she realized with a jolt.
Well, you don’t know that for sure, said the Voice Inside Ari’s Head, and she could swear she got a mental image of Ross raising a pale eyebrow. Y’know, I could be…I dunno, maybe talking inside your head.
“You mean I’ve gone insane?”
No, I mean I opened a mental connection with you.
“What?”
Ross mentally sighed. Must I explain everything to you? it is really quite easy. I probed your mind in an attempt to open a mental connection.
“The searching for the answer to open the door –“
is most certainly in your mind, but I wasn’t looking for it, nor did I find it. And apparently I shouldn’t look again.
“What about the evil smirk?”
She could practically hear Ross mentally shying away from the topic. Never mind. Ha, that is an interesting pun. Never – mind. You know, I should really never use the word ‘mind’ for other purposes, considering certain…abilities I might posses.
“What about the evil smirk, and the mental dossier you took of all the doors in my entire existence?”
Ehm… never happened.
“Ross, just, shut up, okay, and maybe I won’t cut your life support.”
Fine, be that way.



© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
-insert litany again-
this is crap this is crap this is crap this is crap

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on February 13, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie