Tick.

Tick.

A Chapter by Trekkie
"

tick tick tick tick tick

"

                                            

His hands shake.

        “Calm down.”

        “I'm fine.”

        “...Will he be okay?”

He doesn't answer.

        “Will you be okay?”

        “Fetch me that glass of water, will you?”

 

Snow sits on the edge of the second bed, watching his older brother. His forehead furrows, frowns; healer and murderer, interlocked. Their voices meld in his mind.

 

There is no end. The night stretches on forever. There is silence except for the movements that Scout is making, and the steady tick-tick-ticking sound.

 

Every tenth tick, the clock seems to stop, and Snow always panics a little. He ends up falling asleep there, not waking until Scout shakes him awake.

 

He woke, but then he just fell back asleep. I think he'll live.”

 

        He gets off the bed, and remembers a little belatedly that Scout doesn't need to sleep anymore. Awkwardly, he pulls the chair out from the desk and pulls it up next to Gen's bed. The boy murmurs something that he can't hear. He doesn't try to listen closer.

 

Thanks.”

 

But the tin man in his mind still blames him.



© 2009 Trekkie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on September 21, 2009


Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie