happiness is mandatory

happiness is mandatory

A Story by Trekkie
"

This is based, for the most part, upon reality, and is thusly confusing as hell.

"

                                            

It only takes six lies to get to a promise, and then you're through.

 

It took awhile, maybe forever, but eventually he gave up on the rocket project. So then it is just me and you and him, and the stars and the sky and the brightness and the valley of the green glass door, where nothing doesn't exist.

 

When memories hold you up, all you can do is try to forget.

 

Quietly, you fall asleep in the back of a van, and no one remembers that you're there. You chain yourself to brokeness, to helplessness, and try to pretend it's the real you. But it's not. Get up. Brush the woodchips away, keep your hat on, it's good luck. You're not broken. You're not dead.

 

But if you think you are, I can't help you; not right now, I'm too busy. Have to fix the world's problems, be back with you in a bit. I love you, don't forget that. Don't ever let yourself forget that.

 

And even though you may be sleepwalking through this endless twilight, remember that.

 

Remember, it's just you, and me, and him, and the sky and the stars and the swings. We can sit here and talk forever, and he and I will know that everything is okay.

 

But you won't. You might continue sitting there, chained to your apathy, your brokenness, your helplessness, and what if I can't help you then? What if you decide that this is the end?

 

Remember. It only takes six lies to get to a promise, and then you're through.

© 2009 Trekkie


Author's Note

Trekkie
Give me feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Er. Okay. Yeah. It *is* kind of confusing.

Somehow I'm associating it with the Manhattan Project. Am I crazy?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 1, 2009

Author

Trekkie
Trekkie

About
I'm a convoluted trekkie who spends too much time procrastinating. I can see the Northern Lights from my house in the winter and I've memorized startlingly large portions of King Henry IV, part one. more..

Writing
No title No title

A Screenplay by Trekkie


Muet Muet

A Story by Trekkie


Avasknad Avasknad

A Story by Trekkie