Haiku #1

Haiku #1

A Poem by Benjamin L. Weekly

Loss of balance
With a cave-in step
The driveway's snow

© 2008 Benjamin L. Weekly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it, I had this sensation about an hour ago, you put it in a much nicer light than I would.

step out of my jeep
socks becoming wet and cold
ready for the spring


Posted 17 Years Ago


the dash i was talking about would be perfect after the second line. it functions to stop the reader at that mark before carrying on to the final line. without that dash to stop the reader, they just roll on through the words. it also helps establish that juxtaposition i was tellin you about.

right on. good haiku. it has the images, it has the humor (haiku are often humorous) and it reveals something.

try the dash out, or a colon. sometimes a comma is fine. but also, don't feel bad if you don't capitalize the first words of each line. Why should those words stand out over the others? only capitalize certain words like country names, or months. words you're supposed to capitalize. or words you want capitalized on purpose for an effect. but so haiku: only what's necessary.

Posted 17 Years Ago


interesting use of words, but fitting once I thought about it, well done my friend.

Posted 17 Years Ago


I've seen so little snow, but enough to get the sentiment.
I really liked the theme and the direction you went with it.
g.g.

Posted 17 Years Ago


Fit the description, I liked it and professional. Of course Tiger, I always love your poems!


Krystal

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

Benjamin L. Weekly
Benjamin L. Weekly

Roseburg, OR



About
I am 22 years old and live in Roseburg, OR. I presently work full time. At my job, I handle second tier tech support by phone and answer emails for a major company. As such, I have the privilege of.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..