Tearing

Tearing

A Poem by Benjamin L. Weekly

Tearing away from you was torture,
Haunted my soul night and day.
But because of it we can nurture
Our love so it's here to stay.

Only time can tell whether our love
Was just a cheap fantasy;
If it's something we will rise above
Or enter in ecstasy.

I hope you have the strength to endure
Since it's hard to keep apart.
If these feelings don't fade, I am sure
A new life together we'll start.

© 2008 Benjamin L. Weekly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

you have the poet's heart. your words, no matter how short, rings with pure emotion. i'm a fan of your's now.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm really digging your stuff! I can relate to this (good empathy for the reader). Emotional.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very deep and emotional filled with love and longing, at the moment I'm in the same position myself.
Love this a good poet is one you can relate to and one that moves you, you have done both, thank you!

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Not always I am able to think this remains. But your poem is such one. I like the hope in it and romantic aspect.

Posted 17 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Very personal, heartfelt poetry.I like the tiger avatar.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Well this poem was great. The first lines in the poem really caught my eye. They are very well written. And the pain that you feel when you are away from someone is unbearable but also a good feeling because you will get reacquainted and then start your life anew. The flow of this poem is a little choppy, but I think that it adds to the effect that love is not always perfect, especially when you are longing or waiting for someone to return. Great job!

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

It didn't really flow well for me.....and the use of "our love" in both the 4th line of the 1st verse and the 1st line of the 1st line of the second verse was too much. Please do not take offense....this is the first poem I have read of yours
and it is because I found your site after reading a brilliant critique you left on another's work that I
wholeheartedly agreed with. I will read more, and please feel free to review mine.

Krista Laraine

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Nice! Too true to life and I can say that from personal experience. "Tearing away from you was torture" It is torture and only after you have experienced this can you really understand the saying "Life sucks and love hurts" Good job carrying the feeling through to the end.



Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

very nice! i really enjoyed this poem. i once felt that way along time ago, but got over it, keep up the good work. :)

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ha, it's funny... I'm going through some tough times, and I'm completely oblivious at things like this unless it's happening to me. So, I suppose you caught me at a good time. A good read, though its form is somewhat strange. I found out a second ago that this song, oddly enough, works as a western ballad you'd sing to yourself in the midst of a dark desert night. Don't get me wrong, I hate country music, but for some reason this sounds like a good folk song. A GOOD one, mind you.

Posted 17 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

Benjamin L. Weekly
Benjamin L. Weekly

Roseburg, OR



About
I am 22 years old and live in Roseburg, OR. I presently work full time. At my job, I handle second tier tech support by phone and answer emails for a major company. As such, I have the privilege of.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..