Just like Anny Philips

Just like Anny Philips

A Story by Truths reflection

One morning, while I was sitting on my desk with the coffee mug on my right and mountains of papers that need routine signing on my left.
My secretary, Martha, came in and handed me a weird envelope which was ragged around the edges and torn on the sides and said: “Mr. Johnson, a very tired woman told me to hand you this by hand".
"Thanks" and she went away
but oh! How rude of me!! I didn’t introduce myself to you yet, my name is Mr. Kevin Johnson. Call me Kevin.
I work at the woman's right headquarters in The U.S.A as the practical work manager.
My job simply is to make sure that all the woman from whatever different religion, family or social status they are from have equal chances and take their rights
and for the record this is the first time in all the ten years in which I have worked at this post that I ever got a letter.
I eyed the envelope weirdly, and decided to open it because there was a tower of curiosity building inside me.
The letter said the following:
"
Dear sir/madam,
I am sending this letter to whoever holds the title of the practical work manager. Please, take the news I am giving you without any hatred, your job is 100% useless, and all the salary you gain from it is from signing routine papers and drinking coffee but not from the actual work that your job requires you to do. And seriously, no one with even the least respect to their selves would do that."
What the .......
“Firstly, let’s start with, one of the most important human and woman rights, the right of safety.
As we all know many countries in the middle east have political problems or what we call ( the Arabic spring), which totally led to genocides of woman, children and elderly. But the question is why the women have to get injured in wars and see their children die in front of their eyes, while she is able to do nothing. Why should many women who for safety have to leave their country and go through the misery of refuging to other ones, while moving on foot about 70% or more of the way looking for help that can never be given. Why give them the false hope of security and being refugees while most countries decline their requests. Shouldn't your beloved organization, and your beloved self, think about what is happening?

Secondly, what we call religion. Really people? Don't all the organizations including human rights and most importantly woman rights call to freedom in religious thoughts? Then why does a woman who is Muslim and wears hijab gets insulted in every way possible just because she's a Muslim.

Thirdly, there is the equality in job opportunities. I’m not saying that this is a problem everywhere, but in most of places about 85%. Our problem here is that industries worldwide give men higher ranks in jobs more than women and more salary though notably in most of cases women work more with burning enthusiasm. Of course, international companies and industries have rules and are followed, but those only make less than 15% from the total, so what about the rest?

Fourthly, in many countries girls are forced to get married at a very young age in many cases such as poverty, because a poor family can’t afford to feed their daughter they let her get married at an early age so that they can get rid of her or of the pain on their back as many people explained it. Or it can be due to the uneducated parent’s mother, father, or even both but that also takes us to the next problem.

Fifthly, due to the problem above girls don't get to complete their education except till 7th and 8th grade, 9th if she was very lucky but why? These girls are going to be mothers who were uneducated leading to the same mistake to happen all over again with their daughter so why don't we stand against it??

Sixthly, underestimation. This is a problem that faces all women worldwide, and it starts when they finish university and start entering the real life and need jobs, in which they are underestimated due to their physical built.

Finally, I would really be at your door begging you to read this letter and do something, but then I always remember that it is your job, you chose it, and you should really do it with faith and dignity for your sake because I'm sure that you have a wife, sister, and mom who are most importantly women that need their rights.
Sincerely,
Anny Philips
Phone num. 075241841825 "

Wow!!!! Seriously I need to meet her. I raise the phone and texted her a message and this is the conversation
"hi, is this Ms. Anny Phillips?"
"Yes, who are you?"
" I am Mr. Kevin Johnson the practical works manager at the woman rights organization, I got your letter and I want to meet you Ms. Phillips""
"When do you want to meet?"
"Tomorrow morning at 10:00 maybe we could chat with a cup of coffee"
" I’ll see what I can do , but I will try since I already have appointments to be with the human rights, and children's rights practical work manager since they apparently received the same letter as you did "
"What!!??!"
"…"
"Unfortunately though it looks like they didn't read it yet"
"I see, I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully "
"I will try"
I bid her farewell and ended the chat.
And started thinking why does she do this, and why all of these organizations , but I guess I’ll know tomorrow so I go back to routine signing
The next morning
I am sitting at my office though not signing papers just staring at the clock ticking when my secretary came in and said: " there is a woman her name is Anny Philips wants to see you sir"
" let her in"
When she enters I stand up and greet her
"Welcome Ms. Phillips "
" hello, please call me Anny"
"And you call me Kevin"
She was a tall girl with wavy maroon brown hair which reached to her waist with a fantastic figure
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Anny"
"The pleasure is mine"
"So will you tell me what's the meaning of all this?
"that’s a very fast forward question isn't it, Kevin, but I guess you do have the right to know I lived my life as my country suffered from civil war, and we had to migrate. Through the migration I saw really upsetting stuff in our world abuse to children, women, and humans in general so I decided to stand up, and be the voice to the voiceless, of whom nobody listen to,or care about any more."
"You mean by voiceless women, children, and humans in general right?"
"No Kevin, I mean something we all have its inside each and every one of us although it is invisible it is still there."
"What is that?"
"Our humanity, Kevin, our humanity, we lost the voice of our humanity long ago, we just don't mind seeing humans being killed anymore. Look, look at yourself, you are a practical works manager who barely cares about thousands of woman dyeing in the immigration process each day, and millions suffering due to the loss of their beloved due to civil wars.
Is this the world we want to end up with? A world where people don't care for each other?
I don’t think so, and eventually somebody had to stand and talk and return the voice of our voiceless humanity, to go a tiny step forward towards a better world."
I stuck to my chair dumbfounded, it's true every word she uttered is absolutely and a 100% true, and nobody has yet realized it that’s when I decided that I will work for a cause other than just money I will work just like Anny, to be a voice to the voiceless and change the world to the best.
I will be just like Anny Philips.

© 2016 Truths reflection


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice job! keep it up..:DXD

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Truths reflection

6 Years Ago

I know that this might be a little late. Actually not a little but too much but I just saw your revi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016

Author

Truths reflection
Truths reflection

Amman, Middle east, Jordan



About
Hi I'm a student at high school obsessed with writing short stories and novels. Read my writing and tell me what you think. I appreciate criticism, because I want to improve. more..

Writing