The truthful independence

The truthful independence

A Story by Truths reflection

Being independent is being free of any external force controlling you or your decisions.

Although independence, is a word clearly defined in dictionaries, it has different personal connotations .

When a child lives an easy life, getting all what he dreams of, he won't start becoming independent till he reaches a point where he will become independent by the acting force of life, or when the person enters college, as he is forced to leave his parents for educational purposes.
Comparatively, on the other side of the planet, a child who is 7 years old, and got his parents killed has to take care of his two siblings providing them with food, shelter, and education and when he walks in the streets of his own homeland he is considered a terrorist to the world the parasite which sat in it by force, after a promise of food and shelter.

For me, this is independence and this is the reality.
When a child loses both of his parents as a bomb hit his house and killed all his family, then he is sent of to a refugee camp standing like a mountain in front of people while actually breaking on the inside. What is the fault of this innocent child to actually live a life that, due to its harshness, can't be tolerated by grown ups.

What I want as a child who lived and grew seeing these things everyday, Living them, Is to mirror my picture to the world to show them that real independence of myself, and to keep my wish alive, the wish of me returning to my, hopefully, independent homeland, as I have been told about it.

© 2016 Truths reflection


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sounds like you have gained your own maturity even you have not reached the age of 18 yet! It strikes me so bad that teenagers nowadays have no independence at all! That's great! Keep moving!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Truths reflection

7 Years Ago

Thanks for taking time to read and review this story.
I agree, it is one of the most importa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016

Author

Truths reflection
Truths reflection

Amman, Middle east, Jordan



About
Hi I'm a student at high school obsessed with writing short stories and novels. Read my writing and tell me what you think. I appreciate criticism, because I want to improve. more..

Writing